Shadows of the Halfling Hall starting level

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
zonker1984
Henchman

Shadows of the Halfling Hall starting level

Post by zonker1984 »

I'm a first-time CK getting ready to run this as a one-shot for my local TTRPG group, and as I'm building pregens for it, I'm wondering what level to do it at. I know it says for level 1-3, but I was hoping for more guidance right that. Right now I'm building characters at 2000XP so some are at level 1 and others at level 2. TIA.

Persimmon
Ulthal

Re: Shadows of the Halfling Hall starting level

Post by Persimmon »

Way back in the day I ran it for a group of newly created level 1 PCs and it was fine. I don't think there were any deaths. Now the follow-up adventure was a different story. But if you have a level 2 PC or two, it shouldn't be too tough.
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Shadows of the Halfling Hall starting level

Post by Lurker »

zonker1984 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:22 am
I'm a first-time CK getting ready to run this as a one-shot for my local TTRPG group, and as I'm building pregens for it, I'm wondering what level to do it at. I know it says for level 1-3, but I was hoping for more guidance right that. Right now I'm building characters at 2000XP so some are at level 1 and others at level 2. TIA.
Zonker

Welcome to the forum !

It has been years since I read Halfling hall, but if I remember correctly, like Persimon said it is a good low level adventure. So 1 or 2 at most should be good.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society