Wow - Yggsburgh is back...

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
mgtremaine
Ulthal

Wow - Yggsburgh is back...

Post by mgtremaine »

Just got the email blast...

Here it is for pre-order.

https://www.trolllord.com/tlgstore/#!/C ... y=11639170

Now I already have the original so it more the fact they have worked this out. If this means that The Dungeon is coming back that would be something to see.

-Mike

Persimmon
Ulthal

Re: Wow - Yggsburgh is back...

Post by Persimmon »

Pretty cool, indeed. Just pre-ordered my copy and got the pdfs straightaway. Plus, I still had a 20% discount code from an order I placed last year. Gotta love the Trolls.
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....

paladinn
Ulthal

Post by paladinn »

At the risk of being a wet blanket.. is the setting worth $65?

Volomyre
Ungern

Post by Volomyre »

They got my preorder. I was sorry to have missed this the first time around. Now...I wonder how long til it ships?

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

paladinn wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:31 pm
Fair question.. It's a dense book. It's really environs around Castle Greyhawk the Castle, in great detail. IF settings are your thing it would be a good resource.

-Mike

Persimmon
Ulthal

Post by Persimmon »

I don't like designing cities myself so all the major cities in my home setting are re-purposed from other settings/games. For example, I use Middenheim from Warhammer as a stand-in for my city of Valakant.

As it turns out, this will be an excellent stand-in for a city that's a name on my map (Axpoint), but I've never fleshed out.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

I'n IN. Voting with my $$$ for some Gygaxian goodness. 8-)
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Had to come here and say +1 to the return of Yggsburgh! I have the book, but like Ancalagon, I'm voting with my dollars to see the return of Castle Zagyag in its entirety!

oh yeah, and to get the PDF Of Yggsburgh too! That alone is worth the price of admission.

On another couple notes...
1. Magician Manse. I'd like to see a reprint of that as a primer for Castle Zagyag.
2. Yggsburgh Supplements. There were several these printed like adventure modules. However, having a supplement in hardback and PDF would be great as well!
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

To be clear this is not the city formerly known as Grey hawk, but lands around it.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

GameOgre
Ulthal

Post by GameOgre »

paladinn wrote:
I feel you man. $65 is the old $20 but nobody told my paycheck. I have about 1/3 of the spending power I had a few years ago.

That said, I loved Yggsburgh when it came out and have used the book and setting many times over the years. It's GREAT! It's also Gary's so I'm not going to lie. That alone is a huge factor for me.

If you already have a setting your happy with, do not collect anything written by GG out of reflex and do not need a ton of extra characters,locations and short adventures then you can let this pass you by.

I can only afford to get one book per month for my rpg hobby with today's prices, I already own this book. I will be buying it again.

Grandpa
Ulthal

Post by Grandpa »

paladinn wrote:
I would want the Castle with it for $65

JediOre
Ulthal

Post by JediOre »

I am really beside myself with the announcement that Mr. Gygax's work is coming back to Troll Lords.

Like several others, I own this hardback book and do not need another.

What I would like to see is the map sold separately and a player's map, without the numbered location spoilers, also become available. Now those I would pony up the money for.

Again, wonderful news that we might get to see the full Castle Zagyg at long, long last.
In the words of my good friend Trevor, "Hey, put an arrow in that falling mummy! What could possibly happen?"

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

JediOre wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:30 pm
I am really beside myself with the announcement that Mr. Gygax's work is coming back to Troll Lords.
It should never have left the Troll Lords in the first place, and the method by which it was yanked from them was total bullshit. While I am pleased that Gary's work will once again grace the Troll Lords environs, it's a crying shame it took so damn long.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

JediOre wrote:

What I would like to see is the map sold separately and a player's map, without the numbered location spoilers, also become available. Now those I would pony up the money for.

Again, wonderful news that we might get to see the full Castle Zagyg at long, long last.
I'm with you. I already own it, but would buy an updated pdf. I understand the current one has some issues. Maps sold separately would be great. I'm excited about the prospect of further releases (Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds, more Castle Zagyg, etc.). Would be great if they could get Jeff Talanian to finish the CZ stuff, but he was treated pretty poorly by Gail the first go around.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Traveller wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:06 am
JediOre wrote:
It should never have left the Troll Lords in the first place, and the method by which it was yanked from them was total bullshit. While I am pleased that Gary's work will once again grace the Troll Lords environs, it's a crying shame it took so damn long.
Yea, I can't think of a way Gail could have handled this worse. Makes absolutely no sense.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

maximus wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:08 pm
Traveller wrote:
JediOre wrote:
Yea, I can't think of a way Gail could have handled this worse. Makes absolutely no sense.
Well, she could have gone across the globe Jay-and-Silent-Bob-Style and destroyed all of the Castle Greyhawk material and notes people have stashed away.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Persimmon
Ulthal

Post by Persimmon »

maximus wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:07 pm
JediOre wrote:

I'm with you. I already own it, but would buy an updated pdf. I understand the current one has some issues. Maps sold separately would be great. I'm excited about the prospect of further releases (Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds, more Castle Zagyg, etc.). Would be great if they could get Jeff Talanian to finish the CZ stuff, but he was treated pretty poorly by Gail the first go around.
They actually brought up Jeff in the interview on "The Gaming Gang" yesterday but given that he's currently running his own company and sells his own game, it would likely be getting some info/consultation from him and handing it off to someone else. But it sounds like there are pretty detailed outlines and notes still out there and the Trolls seem to have a lot of them. Could be like the Robert Jordan Wheel of Time scenario, where they attempt to realize as faithfully as possible Gary's vision.

Hoping that happens because any version of Zagyg with some connection to the man himself would be cool.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Just pre-ordered my copy. Hopefully, they get enough interest to re-release everything.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Bifford
Site Admin

Post by Bifford »

They smashed through the 60 day and 120 day target in 72 hours. Suffice to say the lawyers are happy to enter discussion about other books!

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Well that's great news! It's nice to see the support which will build confidence with the estate. There is certainly a lot of discussion about this out there in the community. The thought of a complete Castle Zagyg, even if it takes a few more years is a huge win.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Buttmonkey wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:16 pm
maximus wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:08 pm
Traveller wrote:
JediOre wrote:
Well, she could have gone across the globe Jay-and-Silent-Bob-Style and destroyed all of the Castle Greyhawk material and notes people have stashed away.
:lol: