Wish list

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
maximus
Lore Drake

Wish list

Post by maximus »

The Trolls have a new kickstarter out there, but I already have all the equipment guides I could possibly use. I'd like to see them produce more modules. Specifically I'd like to see some outdoor adventures as opposed to dungeon crawls.

What's on your wish list from the Trolls?

Persimmon
Ulthal

Re: Wish list

Post by Persimmon »

Easy. The complete version of Dungeons of Aufstrag. It could be in the form of a large boxed set or a massive hardcover like they did with Starship Warden. And with better maps since some of those in the current boxed sets are pretty much unreadable due to poor scans & tiny font.

My other wish would be a truly comprehensive PHB that incorporates ALL the published C&C classes, including those from ABP and the various Codices, along with equipment and spell lists (including the variant lists for arcane bards, rangers, & paladins). Actually including spell descriptions would likely be too much, but the Adventurers Spellbook does that already.

Doubt either of these will ever happen, but you asked for a wish list.
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Troll Con! 8-)
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

paladinn
Ulthal

Post by paladinn »

Persimmon wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:39 pm
Easy. The complete version of Dungeons of Aufstrag. It could be in the form of a large boxed set or a massive hardcover like they did with Starship Warden. And with better maps since some of those in the current boxed sets are pretty much unreadable due to poor scans & tiny font.

My other wish would be a truly comprehensive PHB that incorporates ALL the published C&C classes, including those from ABP and the various Codices, along with equipment and spell lists (including the variant lists for arcane bards, rangers, & paladins). Actually including spell descriptions would likely be too much, but the Adventurers Spellbook does that already.

I wouldn't mind a master class book. But someone needs to go through the ABP, Players' Archive, PHB, and maybe the Crusaders' Companion (and maybe even some Amazing Adventures stuff) and consolidate. A lot of the classes in CC, and even some in ABP, are terrible.

I'd also like some guidelines/suggestions for using C&C for the whole spectrum of "The Game." It would be great to be able to use with modules from pretty much any edition, including the "lower-power" Classic games.

Persimmon
Ulthal

Post by Persimmon »

Ancalagon wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:16 am
Troll Con! 8-)
That would be cool.

Persimmon
Ulthal

Post by Persimmon »

paladinn wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:47 am
Persimmon wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:39 pm

I wouldn't mind a master class book. But someone needs to go through the ABP, Players' Archive, PHB, and maybe the Crusaders' Companion (and maybe even some Amazing Adventures stuff) and consolidate. A lot of the classes in CC, and even some in ABP, are terrible.

I'd also like some guidelines/suggestions for using C&C for the whole spectrum of "The Game." It would be great to be able to use with modules from pretty much any edition, including the "lower-power" Classic games.
Of course many of the ABP classes are awful and/or pretty pointless as are some of the others in various places. But I'd still like all of them in one place, along with equipment and spell lists. The various existing class archives are both incomplete and not very useful because they lack equipment lists. So you can't even outfit your character once it's created.

As for your second point, I've never run into any issues using C&C with AD&D or even B/X modules on the fly. I actually prefer the old D&D modules to the official C&C ones for various reasons.

Grandpa
Ulthal

Post by Grandpa »

Persimmon wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:31 am

As for your second point, I've never run into any issues using C&C with AD&D or even B/X modules on the fly. I actually prefer the old D&D modules to the official C&C ones for various reasons.
Yes, I use the old mods as is with no real problems. And like you I prefer them to the new stuff.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

The other two Asiatic Codices and a Mezo-American Codex are about the only things I can think of.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Ancalagon wrote:
Troll Con! 8-)
Yup, this!

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

maximus wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:34 pm
Ancalagon wrote:
Troll Con! 8-)
Yup, this!
Sorry some of you guys missed it . . some years ago!

viewtopic.php?t=10007

pics in the third post (link)

Great small CON. I believe the Trolls began to concentrate on GaryCON after this and I don't think there was TrollCON after this one.

:-D
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

maximus wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:34 pm
Ancalagon wrote:
Troll Con! 8-)
Yup, this!
Rgr, I'd love to have one. I never had a chance to go back in the day but wanted to . Love the have a chance again.
Go0gleplex wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:15 pm
The other two Asiatic Codices and a Mezo-American Codex are about the only things I can think of.
Rgr on the asiatic codices !

I've gotten (or gotten again) the bug to run / play in a EARLY bronze age era. Considering Egypt was Egypt (consolidated Upper & Lower kingdoms etc) for something like 800 - 1000 years before the first pyramid was built, and Mesopotamia cities existed for nearly that long before Gilgamesh was marked into clay tablet, there is more time in that era to play with than in normal 'medieval' rpg settings 400-600 year spread generally.

With that I'd love to see a 'codice' for that era. I do have a Mesopotamian book from ???? , and there are always Rune Quest / Mythras to mine for ideas.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

paladinn
Ulthal

Post by paladinn »

Being an archeology geek, I've kept up on the latest sites in Turkey, like Gobekli Tepe, about 10,000 BC! Lots of Bronze-ish Age stuff to bring into that. Sumer wasn't the beginning :)

Atlantis could figure into all that too. And whoever built the Sphinx. The water damage would have been at least 7000 BC.

Cool stuff!

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Ok so Gary CON is the big Troll CON?
When is it and why we not going?
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

paladinn wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:22 pm
Being an archeology geek, I've kept up on the latest sites in Turkey, like Gobekli Tepe, about 10,000 BC! Lots of Bronze-ish Age stuff to bring into that. Sumer wasn't the beginning :)

Atlantis could figure into all that too. And whoever built the Sphinx. The water damage would have been at least 7000 BC.

Cool stuff!
I tend to 'history geek' but to study history like that you have to pay attention to archeology, so I expect we are drinking from similar wells.

Rgr on Godekli Tepe and the like. It is amazing that we used to think village - town - city - city state - monumental religious sites were the society process, but with GT etc al reality is that monumental religious sites predated it all and were neolithic .

Speaking of that stuff just saw stuff on digs in England and (crud can't remember if the island was Crete or Cypris) being significantly earlier than originally expected with England being 7K to 6K BC, and at least the Mediterranean Island was significantly more wealthy than expected - showing just how robust the early bronze age trading societies were.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

paladinn
Ulthal

Post by paladinn »

Lurker wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:54 pm
paladinn wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:22 pm

Cool stuff!
I tend to 'history geek' but to study history like that you have to pay attention to archeology, so I expect we are drinking from similar wells.

Rgr on Godekli Tepe and the like. It is amazing that we used to think village - town - city - city state - monumental religious sites were the society process, but with GT etc al reality is that monumental religious sites predated it all and were neolithic .

Speaking of that stuff just saw stuff on digs in England and (crud can't remember if the island was Crete or Cypris) being significantly earlier than originally expected with England being 7K to 6K BC, and at least the Mediterranean Island was significantly more wealthy than expected - showing just how robust the early bronze age trading societies were.
It's cool to be that recent discoveries have turned the commonly-accepted view of civilization and human origins on its head. When I was in school, the Australopithicus > Homo Habilis > Homo Erectus > Neanderthal > Homo Sapiens path was set in stone and taught as indisputable fact. Now most of that theory has been tossed because Homo Sapiens pre-dated a lot of the path. Likewise, Gobekli Tepe and similar sites were built in what was considered the Neolithic period, when people had barely started farming. Yet now we have evidence that they were Way more advanced than that.

Plato put Atlantis in the same timeframe, about 9000 years before he wrote. For the longest time, that one fact kept anyone from seriously considering that it might be true. Now it's not so far-fetched!

Sorry to turn this into a neo-archeology class. There's a lot of stuff from that timeframe that could be delved for campaign ideas.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Captain_K wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:32 am
Back in march I spoke with Davis and Steve at Gary Con and the idea for Troll Con was to have it separately from Gary Con. Discussion on the C&C FB page looks to have narrowed it down to Arkansas but no dates that I know if at this time.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

paladinn wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:14 am

It's cool to be that recent discoveries have turned the commonly-accepted view of civilization and human origins on its head. When I was in school, the Australopithicus > Homo Habilis > Homo Erectus > Neanderthal > Homo Sapiens path was set in stone and taught as indisputable fact. Now most of that theory has been tossed because Homo Sapiens pre-dated a lot of the path. Likewise, Gobekli Tepe and similar sites were built in what was considered the Neolithic period, when people had barely started farming. Yet now we have evidence that they were Way more advanced than that.

Plato put Atlantis in the same timeframe, about 9000 years before he wrote. For the longest time, that one fact kept anyone from seriously considering that it might be true. Now it's not so far-fetched!

Sorry to turn this into a neo-archeology class. There's a lot of stuff from that timeframe that could be delved for campaign ideas.
Rgr that ! I'd love to game in that setting. To bad my girls face to face game switched to a Call of Cathluhu / Delta Green game, and baby girl v 2 has her heart set on the next adventure being Sci Fi, so it would be at least 2 years before I'd have a chance to run that setting and it isn't a given that is what they would want to play any way then.
Ancalagon wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:46 pm
Captain_K wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:32 am
Back in march I spoke with Davis and Steve at Gary Con and the idea for Troll Con was to have it separately from Gary Con. Discussion on the C&C FB page looks to have narrowed it down to Arkansas but no dates that I know if at this time.
NICE, that is close to me so I might be able to go !

C&C Society

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

any new on troll con?
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.