The field is extremely weak this year...

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Treebore
Mogrl

The field is extremely weak this year...

Post by Treebore »

in my opinion.

The only one on here that even excited me this year is Mindjammer. Sure, I was excited about others, but when I actually got to look at them, and in the case of 5E, play them? Ho hum.

Ah well, I was just hoping to find some new stuff to get excited about.

http://www.ennie-awards.com/blog/2015-e ... ht-winners
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Re: The field is extremely weak this year...

Post by Buttmonkey »

It's a grim state of affairs when Hoard of the Dragon Queen is nominated for a best adventure award. I get that 5E is the 8,000 pound gorilla and will attract nominations through sheer gravitational pull, but HoDQ is weak.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Definitely nothing presented that even sparks a tickle of interest. Went to my LFLGS and the only thing they are even carrying is 5E and Warhammer that is new. So even they didn't find anything worth trying to hawk to the gamers around here.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

How about write-ins for YARR! The Rules-Light Pirate PRG?

:D :mrgreen:
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

I need to pick up the DCC module called something like "Peril on the Purple Planet". It's supposed to be excellent, yet snubbed by the Ennies.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Buttmonkey wrote:I need to pick up the DCC module called something like "Peril on the Purple Planet". It's supposed to be excellent, yet snubbed by the Ennies.
Chained Coffin is pretty good too. I think both it and Peril were released too late to make it into the ENnies this year. I wish they had, they are something to be excited about.

I also agree that the Hoard adventure by WOTC is weak, very weak.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

There must be something wrong with their process. The "Save or Die" podcast has never even been nominated in all this time even though they have excellent production values and entertaining content. It almost looks like a bunch of friends got together and found a way to get free rpg loot. heh

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Penny-Whistle wrote:There must be something wrong with their process. The "Save or Die" podcast has never even been nominated in all this time even though they have excellent production values and entertaining content. It almost looks like a bunch of friends got together and found a way to get free rpg loot. heh
Considering 2 of them are married to each other...

Litzen Tallister
Red Cap

Post by Litzen Tallister »

Shadowrun pops up on the list a few times, which while often too rules-intense for my tastes, definitely deserves the nod on the Best Production Values category. The artwork is slick on everything that I've seen in the latest edition and they spend a lot of time on the setting, including ample short stories to help communicate the themes of the game.

Fifth Edition has been up front and personal on most award lists since it came out. For that matter, Achtung Cthulhu has been pretty popular. I haven't played the latter, but I like the excuse to say Achtung, Cthulhu!

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Yeah. Those DCC products are great. Hats off to our good friend Joe Goodman, and his cohorts. :)

maasenstodt
Hlobane Orc

Post by maasenstodt »

A Red & Pleasant Land is well worth looking into, and it's easily adapted to C&C.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I gave up on the ENnies after year 1. They mean nothing.