In the service of the sorcerer-pbp-OOC thread

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Akrasia

Post by Akrasia »

eibon wrote:
... And your spells, Akrasia, you can slip in 2 more and the class ability (Alchemy) Herbal-Lore and Remedies. This reflects the higher magic of the world.

Sounds good!

Are the extra spells 1st level or 0-level?

Also, is there an ability score associated with the Alchemy ability? (I'm assuming if so, it would be INT.)

eibon

Post by eibon »

Akrasia wrote:
Are the extra spells 1st level or 0-level?

Also, is there an ability score associated with the Alchemy ability? (I'm assuming if so, it would be INT.)

O or 1st level spells, either will suffice. And yes, sorry, INT is the ability score in question, I should have mentioned that in my previous post as well.

--Clark Ashton Smith

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Rhuvein wrote:
"Greetings and well met, Garard Greenfeather.

LOL. Sorry, angelius. I have a Garrard in another PBP game that I'm in and must of had him (her actually) on my mind.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

angelius

Post by angelius »

LOL d00d I'm just kidding you know that!

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

angelius wrote:
LOL d00d I'm just kidding you know that!

For sure, and I'll just play along (or should I say, my PC will)!

eibon

Post by eibon »

Hopefully to speed things up and to play more often I would like to switch to angelius' pbp plan of making a move after everyone has. Is everyone ok with that? We might get in three or four moves a week that way.

edit: by the way, I love passing notes to players when I run a game, so you might get private messages from me concerning the game. I will always let you know in the subject line.

--Clark Ashton Smith

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

eibon wrote:
Hopefully to speed things up and to play more often I would like to switch to angelius' pbp plan of making a move after everyone has. Is everyone ok with that? We might get in three or four moves a week that way.

edit: by the way, I love passing notes to players when I run a game, so you might get private messages from me concerning the game. I will always let you know in the subject line.

Yes, OK with the schedule and PMs!

Akrasia

Post by Akrasia »

I'm rather busy right now, and will be in Helsinki next week for a conference. So I will not be able to take part in the game again until after September 4th. Feel free to 'CK-puppet' Thrasymachus until then.

BeZurKur
Hlobane Orc

Post by BeZurKur »

Okay Eibon, that sounds good. If I don't have really anything to contribute to the scene, I'll just have Au'rune pick his nose or contemplate his navel for his "action."

eibon

Post by eibon »

BeZurKur wrote:
Okay Eibon, that sounds good. If I don't have really anything to contribute to the scene, I'll just have Au'rune pick his nose or contemplate his navel for his "action."

Nono, you are an integral part of the scene, I was waiting for Akrasia to post, now that he won't be playing for a few days we can proceed.

--Clark Ashton Smith

BeZurKur
Hlobane Orc

Post by BeZurKur »

That was the creepiest description of stirges I was ever witness to. And the creepiest display by a Half-Orc too! Or could it be Sphere's jumpy ass?

Whichever, just wanted to say: it's all pretty cool!

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

I aim to please.I did WAY too much driniking in the Marines, I have plenty more where that is needed. All I can say is than goodness for my high AC, stirges are tough puppies for a 1st lvl party. I should know I just ran some against my group.

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

eibon

Post by eibon »

I will say that the game is shaping up to be a fun one. Too bad it isn't face to face.

As for the stirges; you should be fine, there are less than a hundred. Just don't let them latch onto you.
I never found much realism in monsters waiting for characters to raise in level to fight them. I have several 3x5 cards one of which has a list of wandering monsters. Some will be easy, some won't. Sometimes you have it easy, sometimes you scrape by, sometimes you run for your skin and sometimes you find yourself in the belly of the beast.

--Clark Ashton Smith

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

eibon, do you wish for us to post our iniatiative (and other rolls) here, in the IC thread or via PM?

Thanks,

Rhu.

eibon

Post by eibon »

Sorry for not specifying. I feel that the IC thread will work with your action. This will keep everything in one place.

--Clark Ashton Smith

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

eibon wrote:
Sorry for not specifying. I feel that the IC thread will work with your action. This will keep everything in one place.

No problem at all. Makes sense to me. Thanks.

eibon

Post by eibon »

Tomorrow, after I catch up and check up on a couple of things I will get the encounter rolling along. Sorry, I have had a busy week with a skunk under the house then a refrigerator dying on me. Hopefully I have my tragedies under control for a while.

--Clark Ashton Smith

angelius

Post by angelius »

No prob man, real life comes first.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

eibon wrote:
Tomorrow, after I catch up and check up on a couple of things I will get the encounter rolling along. Sorry, I have had a busy week with a skunk under the house then a refrigerator dying on me. Hopefully I have my tragedies under control for a while.

Yikes, skunk. I usually don't mind the smell, but if the bastard sprayed then I'm in deep sympathy for ya. Good luck and no worries about the game.

PeelSeel2
Ulthal

Post by PeelSeel2 »

eibon wrote:

That just stinks. I hope you come out smelling like a rose on that one.

-George Washington

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

No probs ebion, I check the boards everyday so when you start again I will continue, no worries.

eibon

Post by eibon »

Thank you for your understanding. The refrigerator/freezer has been fixed, the skunk, however, is holding its ground for a while. Looks as if tomato juice might be added to the grocery list (beyond the bit used to enhance beer).

--Clark Ashton Smith

BeZurKur
Hlobane Orc

Post by BeZurKur »

Eibon, I'm a little confused. Your post with the wizard casting the sleep is the narration of the round up to the wizard, correct? I'm assuming then after everyone left in the round gives their actions, you will narrate an update and call for initiative. I just want to make sure I don't act out of sequence.

eibon

Post by eibon »

BeZurKur wrote:
Eibon, I'm a little confused. Your post with the wizard casting the sleep is the narration of the round up to the wizard, correct? I'm assuming then after everyone left in the round gives their actions, you will narrate an update and call for initiative. I just want to make sure I don't act out of sequence.

Correct. I was working with the intentions that I surmised from the posts only to get caught up. I wasn't sure what you wanted to do, but now it is your turn to act.

--Clark Ashton Smith

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

Krunx will just keep swinging with his morningstar until no enemies are left standing.

BeZurKur
Hlobane Orc

Post by BeZurKur »

Is Au'rune behind the wizard yet?

PeelSeel2
Ulthal

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Sphere will go in swinging.

-George Washington

eibon

Post by eibon »

BeZurKur wrote:
Is Au'rune behind the wizard yet?

Yes, it is your turn.

--Clark Ashton Smith

grrrowler39

Post by grrrowler39 »

I hate skunks - we have a dead one on our road almost every day. What a smell.

Master of Animals

eibon

Post by eibon »

The skunk isn't moving, and I became super busy, but am not abandoning, all will be caught up tomorrow, and THEN I should be back to regular schedule.

--Clark Ashton Smith