In the service of the sorcerer-pbp-OOC thread

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Akrasia

Post by Akrasia »

My apologies for taking so long to post. Real life issues & limited internet access were the culprits. I'm back now, and should be able to post 2+ times per week. I'll be sure to post a warning if I have to be away again.

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

Yes, because we may have to come up with cunning plans without the mage, and that would be bad.

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

eibon

Post by eibon »

I was tail-dragging a little on the move to touch bases with Akrasia. I will post the Wednesday move a day late, tomorrow, then resume the Sunday-Wednesday schedule.

--Clark Ashton Smith

eibon

Post by eibon »

Hey, Rhuvein:

I noticed this in your equipment:

Equipment:

backpack

bedroll/blanket

holy water (x3)

waterskin

wineskin

rations (2 wks)

garlic

bandages (x10 = 20 wounds)

cloak/boots

trousers/tunic

sewing kit

flask (of Fireamber)

pipe/tobacco

tinder box

torches
walrus

winter clothes

small steel mirror

signet ring

Is there a story behind your choice of steeds? I was looking over the gear to see who had horses and who didn't, and then I saw this. You set quite a challenge.

--Clark Ashton Smith

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

eibon wrote:
Hey, Rhuvein:

I noticed this in your equipment:
walrus

Is there a story behind your choice of steeds? I was looking over the gear to see who had horses and who didn't, and then I saw this. You set quite a challenge.

Hehe, good eye. No, no story other than the Trolls put a diggery-do in the 1st PH book which generated some fun posts over a DF. Since then I usually have my PCs carry a diggery-do (1d4, if used as a weapon) for laughs. And of course, there are several new fun items in the 2nd print, one of which is a walrus. Btw, I actually couldn't afford him anyway!
[In one of my AD&D games, I've listed a large galley (25,000 GPs) on my char sheet which hasn't been noticed yet!]

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

eibon

Post by eibon »

Gotcha. I thought perhaps you intending to keep the walrus a secret then spring it on the big bad guy at the opportune time.

--Clark Ashton Smith

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

"Haha evil priest take this!"

CooCoo Cah Choo

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

"Tusk, tusk", said the adventurer. Hmm, maybe I should keep him then? 'Course, how the heck am I going to feed him?
He could come in handy, if we see some water scenarios.

eibon

Post by eibon »

Oh, sure. I saw that Sinbad movie with the giant walrus. You get a mage to enlarge the tusked one and foil the CK. I see through your plan!

--Clark Ashton Smith

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

eibon wrote:
Oh, sure. I saw that Sinbad movie with the giant walrus. You get a mage to enlarge the tusked one and foil the CK. I see through your plan!

Muhahahaha - sneaky bastard PCs always trying to foil the CK!
OK then, the little halfling will bring "Wally" along. I'll also need to tote about 4000 clams a day for rations!
Wally:

Edit: I removed Wally's pic, 'cause he's too big!

Moorcrys
Red Cap

Post by Moorcrys »

Eibon,

Is there a way to grab a larger version of the map, I can't read the smaller version and attempting to enlarge it using my minimal paint skills only makes it bigger and blurrier.

Moorcrys

eibon

Post by eibon »

Moorcrys wrote:
Eibon,

Is there a way to grab a larger version of the map, I can't read the smaller version and attempting to enlarge it using my minimal paint skills only makes it bigger and blurrier.

I have been trying to upload it on freewebs for quite some time to no avail. I am going to try again right now. I realized last night that the map wasn't going to be sufficient at that size and I waited for it to upload for over two hours last night to no avail. Here's to trying again.

--Clark Ashton Smith

eibon

Post by eibon »

Hey everyone, I will get back into the swing of things tomorrow. I was a little busy and wanted to get my posts back up to the size of the initial post in the game. And I am looking for a host for the map. Freewebs is not working for me and photobucket is too small.

--Clark Ashton Smith

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

eibon wrote:
Hey everyone, I will get back into the swing of things tomorrow. I was a little busy and wanted to get my posts back up to the size of the initial post in the game. And I am looking for a host for the map. Freewebs is not working for me and photobucket is too small.

Thanks for the update, eibon.

Say, how big is the map? Ephotohut.com allows an image of 800X600 @ 500K. And if it's a bit bigger, it will resize to fit.

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

eibon wrote:

Try http://www.deviantart.com/

eibon

Post by eibon »

I will get the game going later this afternoon, the week has been a bit hectic, but we will get back into the swing of things.

--Clark Ashton Smith

angelius

Post by angelius »

Hey I'm in! Just replied to the PM by eibon.

Just wondering if the players had a preference for me? Since I'm filling in the party.

Looks like you guys might need a ranger?

Akrasia

Post by Akrasia »

Thrasymachus has the following spells prepared:

0-Level: Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Light, Prestidigitation

1st-Level: Sleep x 3

Also: Do we all have mounts? I didn't purchase one myself.

eibon

Post by eibon »

Akrasia wrote:
Thrasymachus has the following spells prepared:

0-Level: Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Light, Prestidigitation

1st-Level: Sleep x 3

Also: Do we all have mounts? I didn't purchase one myself.

As far as mounts, I was hinting at everyone taking a mount when I mentioned it before. Not everyone has one, but that doesn't mean that people with mounts cannot ride forward (or back) as need be for the group (if they are willing to).

And your spells, Akrasia, you can slip in 2 more and the class ability (Alchemy) Herbal-Lore and Remedies. This reflects the higher magic of the world.

--Clark Ashton Smith

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I didn't have enough gold left for a horse, but if it's not too late, I could afford a donkey!

eibon

Post by eibon »

angelius wrote:

Just wondering if the players had a preference for me? Since I'm filling in the party.

Any class would be fine, a ranger would be handy.

--Clark Ashton Smith

eibon

Post by eibon »

Rhuvein wrote:
I didn't have enough gold left for a horse, but if it's not too late, I could afford a donkey!

Squander all of your money on the walrus?
You see, you had ample time to purchase, steal or beg a donkey off of someone. I am afraid you are hoofing it until you find a used steed salesman.

--Clark Ashton Smith

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

eibon wrote:
Squander all of your money on the walrus?
You see, you had ample time to purchase, steal or beg a donkey off of someone. I am afraid you are hoofing it until you find a used steed salesman.

Haha, I guess that makes me an ass! LOL.

Hmm, a "used steed salesmen", that sounds very scary. Who knows what I'd end up with?

[Shout out to the other PCs - anyone have room for the halfling on their horse? ]

PeelSeel2
Ulthal

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Rhuvein wrote:
Haha, I guess that makes me an ass! LOL.

Hmm, a "used steed salesmen", that sounds very scary. Who knows what I'd end up with?

[Shout out to the other PCs - anyone have room for the halfling on their horse? ]

I have an ass. It is already carrying alot of junk in it's bags, so adding you may chap my ass, but we can find out.

-George Washington

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

PeelSeel2 wrote:
I have an ass. It is already carrying alot of junk in it's bags, so adding you may chap my ass, but we can find out.

LOL!

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

angelius wrote:

angelius, welcome. Glad to be gaming with ya again. Our last one fizzled out - hmm, was it this year or last?
This game looks to be a real winner and methinks it will last a long time!
Thanks to eibon!

angelius

Post by angelius »

Yeah it was too bad really, I checked everyday for the CK to post but nothing ever came up
My PC is almost done, busy day today.

angelius

Post by angelius »

Okay here's what I got so far. I think I'm ready to go, I didn't have my PHB handy but I used the CK E-screen for the notes.
Gerald Greenfeather

Male Human Ranger

Chaotic Neutral

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Brown

Height: 59

Weight: 165lbs

STR 13 +1 *

DEX 15 +1 *

CON 14 +1

INT 9 +0

WIS 15 +1 *

CHA 9 +0
AC 15 (+4+1)
HPs 11
Melee: +1
Range: +1
Base Movement 30ft
Abilities

Combat Marauder +1 damage vs Humanoids/Giants

Conceal (Dex)

Delay/Neutralize Poison (Wis)

Move Silently (Dex)

Scale (Dex)

Traps (Wis)

Survival (Wis)

Track (Wis)

Equipment
Armour:

Chainshirt +4 AC, ENC 3

Weapons:

Composite Longbow 1d8, 110ft, ENC 4

Arrows 40 ENC 2

Longsword 1d8+1, ENC 3
Other:

Backpack ENC 4

Bedroll ENC 3

Candle ENC 1

Chalk ENC 1

Fish hook

Flint and Steel

Silk rope 50ft ENC 3

Torch x 2 ENC 4

Grappling Hook ENC 2
45gp 7sp 6sp

angelius

Post by angelius »

Okie, I'm ready to go.

Eidon, should I write myself in or let you do that?

eibon

Post by eibon »

angelius wrote:
Okie, I'm ready to go.

Eidon, should I write myself in or let you do that?

You can write yourself in, that is fine with me and the group hasn't gotten into the thick of it yet. You can be a member of the mage-guard that was newly appointed or someone they meet on the road.

--Clark Ashton Smith