What's the highest level you've played using C&C?

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

What's the highest level you've played using C&C?

Post by slimykuotoan »

And did it work out well o.k. rules-wise?
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

Turanil

Post by Turanil »

I ran a 5th-8th level AD&D module called "Trouble at Tragidore" (that included several drow NPCs). The three PCs of this one-shot were all 11th level, and included a druid, a thief, and an assassin. In this case, 11th level was appropriate for the 5th-8th level module. Maybe using a fighter, cleric, and wizard would have required lower level PCs, I don't know.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Level 20.

Worked great, the wizard was obscene though.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Played? 8 th level. CKed? 12th level right now.

Playing well. Much like it did back in 1E and 2E days. More 1E, because I haven't had this much fun CKing, or playing, since my 1E days.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

36th, using serleran rules.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I'm currently a 7th level Elf Knight and yeah the rules slightly favor this class compared to the others (combat wise anyway) best I can tell ~ but it would be interesting for our group to do some analysis on our respective classes!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

JediOre
Ulthal

Post by JediOre »

I've been (very slowly) running a friend through Fane of the Witch King with a 10-level wizard and a multiclass ranger of 10th level with two low level PCs.

It's been going great. However, that wizard's charm monster spell has played havoc with me. He is running around with a charmed hill giant and a charmed minotaur.

No bumps so far.
In the words of my good friend Trevor, "Hey, put an arrow in that falling mummy! What could possibly happen?"

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

My campaigns have both stopped at about 5th level, not much to go on but we had no problems up to that point.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I have a 7th bard who could take over a small kingdom, if he wanted to. I've also played a 9th level ranger in Treebore's Ravenloft game. He seemed to do very well, except for the fact that I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with my bow.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

So far, the farthest I think any of our characters has gotten is 4th level, or almost 4th. But, we've rebooted our C&C game once already, and the normal attrition rate has applied. We make fun of our DM for being deadly, but truthfully, sometimes we game like idjits.

Oh, and the character that just hit 4th, or almost? Now dead.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Unfortunately, nothing remarkable yet... it's been fun getting the group in my campaign to 6th level (they all cleared 6th level in last night's game with a significant chunk of xp for finishing the major story arc).

I intend to go much higher though since we are all having fun with the current characters.

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

10th level Cleric,

10th Level Elf.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

9th/name level.

Know your roll!

Joe Mac
Hlobane Orc

Post by Joe Mac »

Rigon wrote:
I have a 7th bard who could take over a small kingdom, if he wanted to.

R-

You mean France?

...sorry, couldn't resist.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Joe Mac wrote:
You mean France?

...sorry, couldn't resist.

Are you kidding, NO BODY wants to rule in France.
R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Rigon wrote:
Are you kidding, NO BODY wants to rule in France.
R-

Hell my family could take france...

Back on topic: I think 5th is the highest we went with it so far.

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

jfall

Post by jfall »

Sup w/ the France-bashing boys?

I remember reading somewhere that retiring characters at 20th level is preferable. Any reason for that? Or just personal preference?

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

jfall wrote:

I remember reading somewhere that retiring characters at 20th level is preferable. Any reason for that? Or just personal preference?

My personal preferance at the moment is 20th level, because otherwise we would be trying to get to 36th level. And that is just too long. I don't have that kind of game time anymore.

We've been doing up to around ninth level just to get a solid cast of characters for the next round of campaigning.

Know your roll!

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

jfall wrote:

It's there. Speaking of which I bought a french WWII rifle it was in great condition.

Dropped once and never fired.

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

Julian Grimm wrote:
It's there. Speaking of which I bought a french WWII rifle it was in great condition.

Dropped once and never fired.

HAHAHHAHAHHA! Love it!

jfall

Post by jfall »

Titania Lefey wrote:
HAHAHHAHAHHA! Love it!

The French must have done you a great disservice at one time in your life. Sorry bout that... I personally know plenty of French folk who I'd gladly trust my life to.

Saying that though...

There's enough derogatory BS floating around the internet these days... Let's not wander into contentious waters on the Troll Lord forums.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

You do realize we are joking. Would you prefer we target the Polish or Blondes? Besides france bashing is one of the great pastimes of western civilzation...

jfall

Post by jfall »

Julian Grimm wrote:
You do realize we are joking. Would you prefer we target the Polish or Blondes? Besides france bashing is one of the great pastimes of western civilzation...

I do of course... and I apologize for sounding like some kind of stick up the @$$ jerk in my response. I guess that I just get a bit sick of the anti-France thing. My problem...not yours.
Doesn't help of course that I'm 1/2 French, 1/4 Welsh, and 1/4 Irish....which of course equals 100% confused. "Sigh"

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Hey, I'm a Heinz 57 myself. I don't know the amounts but that I know of there is: German. Scots-Irsih (Typical Ozarker mix), Osage Indian ( Not enough to matter but it's there) Possibly English, Maybe Jewish (Point of debate among the family history scholors in my family) Lithuainian ( Second debate point) etc..etc..

I can understand the confusion.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Thanks Julian.

Speaking for myself, I'd prefer not to see any bashing even if in jest, as our friends from around the world may not "see it" ~ meaning they may not be as articulate and understanding of our language and what constitues "kidding around".

And right here in this thread, our good friend from France, Turanil has posted, so I think we should be a little more sensitive and respectful and realize that TLG has C&C fans from around the world.

Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

You do have a point and I wouldn't take a poke in the ribs stabs at us Americans to heart either. But, in light of confusion and that it may be taken wrong I'll definately be using this guy ----> or this one ---> to indicate I mean no harm.

Remember this is coming from the resident hillbilly who has been on the recieving end of a few Banjo and inbreed jests as well.

JediOre
Ulthal

Post by JediOre »

Julian Grimm wrote:
Remember this is coming from the resident hillbilly who has been on the recieving end of a few Banjo and inbreed jests as well.

Ah, yes. I'm only one step away from being a hillbilly myself; a hayseed!
In the words of my good friend Trevor, "Hey, put an arrow in that falling mummy! What could possibly happen?"

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Well, us foreign types would poke more fun at you colonials too, but its like shooting fish in a barrel. So much material.
Anyhow....

I've more or less converted several of my favorite high(er) level characters to C&C and have encountered no problems.

High level just means higher challenges, creatures with class levels and so forth. It all evens out.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

simontmn

Post by simontmn »

9th level, converted over from 3e - made PCs a lot more powerful!

You French-bashers should visit Normandy, where they remember WW2 and actually like Americans & Brits - you'd get a different impression of France.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Ah too true, simon. Frankly, I don;t think anybody was maliciously attacking France, it was all probably in jest. I would like to say though that the Country of France has some of the most beautiful vistas on this whole earth. What a gorgeous country.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<