Darn You Troll Lords...

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
DangerDwarf
Maukling

Darn You Troll Lords...

Post by DangerDwarf »

and Goodman Games.

I got Shadows of the Halfling Hall, Dark Chateau, The Mysterious Tower, Fingers of the Forsaken Hand and Palace of Shadows today and will now be awake far longer than I should tonight soaking in all this modulely goodness.

You guys definately put out some quality work, C&C has managed to let me recapture those early years of my gaming where I was far less jaded and everything was still exciting.

Some initial thoughts on my recently aquired treasures:

Shadows of the Halfling Hall: This will definately be seeing use in my game in the very near future. I love it.

Dark Chateau: Only had a chance to flip through this one but the art is amazing.

I even got a copy of the Greyhawk City of Skulls module (which is something I've been wanting to pick up for awhile now) but it is still sitting untouched in the shrinkwrap as I read over the C&C stuff.
So yes Troll Lords...Darn you for depriving me of sleep while I read through your nifty products.

Oh well, sleep is overated anyways.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Especially on a work night.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Darn You Troll Lords...

Post by Tadhg »

DangerDwarf wrote:
So yes Troll Lords...Darn you for depriving me of sleep while I read through your nifty products.

LOL. Yep, we now have lots of excellent modules available and more on the way. Great times for Castle Keepers (and players)!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

sieg

Post by sieg »

DangerDwarf wrote:

Shadows of the Halfling Hall: This will definately be seeing use in my game in the very near future. I love it.

Damn, but you guys are great for a writer's ego!
Thanks, and let us know how the modules play out!

Ogma
Mist Elf

Post by Ogma »

I'm another C&C maniac who now owns EVERYTHING that has been released (including the PDFs, Crusader magazines, the collector's box set, etc., etc.) I can't stop myself!!!

~Ogma

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Poor, poor, addict. No. I really mean poor! Do you even have money for food?
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Ogma
Mist Elf

Post by Ogma »

Treebore wrote:

Well, the PDFs are cheap, the freebies are free and the other products have been released over months/years... Definitely easy to afford it all. Now, if stuff starts coming out faster, I might be in trouble... Nah, who am I kiddin'... I'd still buy it all!!!

~Ogma

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Treebore wrote:

A character with 2 weeks of rations counts though, doesn't it?

BASH MAN

Post by BASH MAN »

Hope you enjoy Palace of Shadows-- I penned that one myself, though I believe the editing left something to be desired. Some of the maps are missing and the monster stat blocks are missing some crucial information for the sake of brevity, I suppose. You'll need the M&T to run it (I did when I ran it at Kubla Con and I was the author!)

Check us out for free demos and downloads or visit us onFacebook.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Quote:
You'll need the M&T to run it

I don't need M&T. Oh, wait... yeah, that's right. Sorry.

Interesting module, though.

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

serleran wrote:
I don't need M&T. Oh, wait... yeah, that's right. Sorry.

Interesting module, though.

Dude, you ARE M&T...therefore they need you to run it.

Brian Miller

"I think therefore I'm confused."

ChaosImp
Hlobane Orc

Post by ChaosImp »

BASH MAN wrote:
Hope you enjoy Palace of Shadows-- I penned that one myself, though I believe the editing left something to be desired. Some of the maps are missing and the monster stat blocks are missing some crucial information for the sake of brevity, I suppose. You'll need the M&T to run it (I did when I ran it at Kubla Con and I was the author!)

I just bought that module.. darn ! So if there are some missing bits do you suppose you could post them somewhere so we could download it?

Cheers

IMP

Akrasia

Post by Akrasia »

I own the 'Palace of Shadows' (pdf version) and I think it looks quite good so far, although I haven't read it carefully yet.
BASH MAN wrote:

Missing maps!
What maps are missing, and will they be made available to download?

meepo

Post by meepo »

BASH MAN wrote:
Hope you enjoy Palace of Shadows-- I penned that one myself

I've only read through it, but I loved it. Can't wait to try it out, it is very reminiscent of some of the older TSR "gimmicky dungeon" modules, like White Plume Mountain. Good work and I can't wait to see your next one!

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Akrasia wrote:
I own the 'Palace of Shadows' (pdf version) and I think it looks quite good so far, although I haven't read it carefully yet.

Missing maps!
What maps are missing, and will they be made available to download?

Yes indeed. Inquiring minds want to know!

Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

DangerDwarf wrote:
and Goodman Games.

I got Shadows of the Halfling Hall, Dark Chateau, The Mysterious Tower, Fingers of the Forsaken Hand and Palace of Shadows today and will now be awake far longer than I should tonight soaking in all this modulely goodness.

You guys definately put out some quality work, C&C has managed to let me recapture those early years of my gaming where I was far less jaded and everything was still exciting.

Dark Chateau: Only had a chance to flip through this one but the art is amazing.

I even got a copy of the Greyhawk City of Skulls module (which is something I've been wanting to pick up for awhile now) but it is still sitting untouched in the shrinkwrap as I read over the C&C stuff.

Oh well, sleep is overated anyways.

Thanks for all the kind words! We have even more coming your way. I just hollered at Mike about my next module! Where is it Seig? Eh? Bring it on boyo!
Steve

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
[email protected]