Troll Lord and Yahoo

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Troll Lord and Yahoo

Post by Troll Lord »

Hey folks maybe someone out there can give me a hand. I am unable to email people with a yahoo email address. 3 out of 4 emails bounce and frequently I don't know it as they have been going into the junk mail and I've been dumping them sight unseen. I've looked about for yahoo tech support, but can't get ahold of anything. Anyone have a number or can you find a number for me so I can get this fixed right up.

Thanks,

Steve

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
[email protected]

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

How long has this been happening, Steve? Yahoo! is in a beta stage for its 'new' email and many people are reporting various problems in the last few weeks. From what I understand, some people cannot even log into their accounts. If your problem just started recently, I'd attribute the problem with Yahoo! and just ride it out. Yahoo! will eventually fix it. July, August. Of 2008.
Just email everyone you know with a Yahoo account and tell them to drop it and go with gmail. (I have tons of invites if anyone wants one).

Kim

Inkpot

Post by Inkpot »

I have lots of invites for gmail as well, if anyone needs one.

As for Yahoo, they have been having lots of problems with their servers lately. Email not working, people using the IM getting kicked off. They're probably tinkering with "the next big innovation" to keep up with Google.

Silly internetz....
Ink

C&C: Blissfully devoid of gestalt neko-hin rogue/fighter/mages!!

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: Troll Lord and Yahoo

Post by gideon_thorne »

Heh, my yahoo messenger is not wanting to work now.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

jamesmishler
Ulthal

Post by jamesmishler »

Crap, I was wondering what was wrong with Yahoo Chat last night... hope this gets cleared up soon, otherwise, how will I harass Peter and Steve all the time?

Main Man, Adventure Games Publishing
[email protected]
http://adventuregamespublishing.blogspot.com/
http://jamesmishler.blogspot.com

Inkpot

Post by Inkpot »

I suggest using Trillian or Miranda instant messengers. They let you talk on all the major IM networks, but without all the silly bells and whistles that end up crashing all the time.
/Miranda kicks ass and is free.
Ink

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Inkpot wrote:
I suggest using Trillian or Miranda instant messengers. They let you talk on all the major IM networks, but without all the silly bells and whistles that end up crashing all the time.
/Miranda kicks ass and is free.
Ink

Yes, but Trillian wont let you sign into yahoo either. ^_~`

Tried that.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

dadiceguy
Ungern

Post by dadiceguy »

Yahoo chat was very strange yesterday. It kept messing my Adium messenger.

Magic is the cheat codes for the world.

--- the Drummer (Planetary #7)

Inkpot

Post by Inkpot »

gideon_thorne wrote:
Yes, but Trillian wont let you sign into yahoo either. ^_~`

Tried that.

I'm signed into yahoo via Miranda right now....

Ink

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Its been going on for about 2 months. The problem isn't really with me email particular folks, but its when I send out confirmation emails for orders or reply to someone who has a question and he never gets an email cause it bounced. I'm guessing yahoo has me on some strange status or some such. Though perhaps not as some of the emails get through.

My im isn't working either. Peter lets get in a chat room here...can we do that?

Steve

[email protected]

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Troll Lord wrote:
My im isn't working either. Peter lets get in a chat room here...can we do that?

Steve

That work's.

Although I do have all my messengers working now.

Peter Bradley

SavageRobby

Post by SavageRobby »

Troll Lord wrote:
Its been going on for about 2 months. The problem isn't really with me email particular folks, but its when I send out confirmation emails for orders or reply to someone who has a question and he never gets an email cause it bounced. I'm guessing yahoo has me on some strange status or some such. Though perhaps not as some of the emails get through.

Steve

From what domain are you sending (trollord.com?) Are you sending it through a Troll Lord mail server? A third party mail server? Another yahoo account? Does it happen when you email from a specific location (home, as opposed to the office)?

Often mail problems like that are because your mail provider (or you, if you host your own mail server) has been tagged as a spammer on one of the spam lists, or because your mail server has open relaying (which means it could be used as a spam server, isn't if it isn't currently).

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I would like a gmail invite.

My yahoo email is b o r z o i a d d i c t at yahoo dot com

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Nifelhein

Post by Nifelhein »

Gmail does not need an invite any more.
"We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects." - Attributed to Herman Melville.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Yahoo has been screwed for the last few days, acting all weird. I suggest trying to connect to it via no firewall or proxy, which is an option in the messenger. Otherwise, you might try an alternate DNS...

Nifelhein

Post by Nifelhein »

I know that yahoo seems ot be screwing the connection between yahoo messenger and msn, after a while it makes my messages going from msn to an yahoo client rebound for no reason, it solves after the person on the other side closes the yahoo messenger and reopens it.
"We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects." - Attributed to Herman Melville.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

SavageRobby wrote:
From what domain are you sending (trollord.com?) Are you sending it through a Troll Lord mail server? A third party mail server? Another yahoo account? Does it happen when you email from a specific location (home, as opposed to the office)?

Often mail problems like that are because your mail provider (or you, if you host your own mail server) has been tagged as a spammer on one of the spam lists, or because your mail server has open relaying (which means it could be used as a spam server, isn't if it isn't currently).

I'm sending it from troll at trolllord.com. It is a troll lord mail server. It happens every comp a use.

How do I untag myself as a spammer. AOL had me listed thus for awhile, but they have a good on phone tech support team that I called. I can't find such a number for yahoo. Any ideas?

Steve

[email protected]

SavageRobby

Post by SavageRobby »

Here is some information about it:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/o ... se-57.html

From this general mail help page:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/o ... index.html

Do you have access to your mail logs, or to the error codes you get when your mail is rejected?

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Ah serleran has found me a number!!

I shall call forthwith!!

Thanks dadeo,

Steve

[email protected]

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

De nada ou rien to switch languages on you.

Nifelhein

Post by Nifelhein »

Serl, you are my new hero, if you tell what language you used on the first option.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Heh, would it be wise to not say Portugese? ;)

Nifelhein

Post by Nifelhein »

It is official.

Serl is my new hero.

Emryys

Post by Emryys »

Troll Lord wrote:
Peter lets get in a chat room here...can we do that?

Alright!... Online gaming in the castle...