Completely new

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Plus the Owlbear still gets 3 attacks. In C&C the damage is 1d6 per claw, 2d6 for the beak, and 2d8 for the "improved Grapple" attack. STR check by defender to break free of the grapple each round until dead or free.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

serleran wrote:
Heh, not exactly what you said. You said "multiplied" and not "the number of dice used." Otherwise, one might think a 5 HD monster gets 40 HP, automatically.

*chuckles* Do you have picking nits as a feat action?
I know what I said!

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Quote:
Do you have picking nits as a feat action?

No, I can do it as a free action, without provoking a post of opportunity. ;)

concobar
Ulthal

Post by concobar »

nwelte1 wrote:
Planning on using C7C versions, but I have to wait for my books to arrive. In the mean time, I plan to play B-2 with the quickstart rules. Thanks for the help.

Excellent choice. If time permits post the results of your C&C game for us.

BASH MAN

Post by BASH MAN »

I do the conversions for Goodman Games DCC modules to make them into C&C modules.

Usually, the way I do this is to look up the monster in the Monster & Treasure. However, if that is not an option, then I need to make a new stat-block.

This is super easy if you are utilizing 1st ed material. The only things that change are the following:

1. AC. AC is simply 20- the listed AC. So if a monster in AD&D were listed as having AC 6, its C&C AC is 14.

2. Saves. In D&D, most monsters said they saved as Fighter 2, or Wizard 3, etc. For monsters, if their saving throw is as a fighter, that means they have physical prime. If it is as a wizard or cleric, they have Mental prime. Demons and other extremely powerful creatures had Physical AND Mental prime.

3. Magic Resistance converts to Spell Resistance. Usually I run this as is-- using the % system, but if I am converting it for an audience, this is what I do. Magic Resistance, divided by 5, +1. So a creature with 30% Magic Resistance has SR7 in C&C.

This help?

Check us out for free demos and downloads or visit us onFacebook.

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

So I just got my PHB and am thrilled with what I have read so far, but had a couple of questions.

1) Poison : I assume the CL of a monster or NPC to save against an assassin's poison is the level of the pc. This would make it similar to the rule found on page 110 of the 3rd ed. book. Correct?

2) what is the easiest way to do opposed checks?

3) Because I have to wait until late July/early Aug. for MT 2d, are the magic items in 3.5 DD similar to the magic items in MT? Can I use items in the 3.5 as fair substitutes or are they over/under-powered?

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

1) The difficulty is the level at which is was created which may, or may not be, the same as the PC.

2) Technically, all checks are "opposed" since they involve the HD/level of the thing to resist.

3) Anything that grants a bonus to an attribute or a skill or something along those lines, other than a pure enhancement bonus to hit (you know, the normal +1 - +5) should have those bonuses halved. Spells without counterparts should use something equivalent. But, otherwise, the majority should be ok.

Tank

Post by Tank »

nwelte1 wrote:
3) Because I have to wait until late July/early Aug. for MT 2d, are the magic items in 3.5 DD similar to the magic items in MT? Can I use items in the 3.5 as fair substitutes or are they over/under-powered?

Let me just add that if magic item prices are important to you, you will find them wildly different in C&C than in D&D 3x. If you have an AD&D DMG, you can get closer to the C&C values.

Oh! And welcome to the Crusade!

sykoholic

Post by sykoholic »

Hey nwelte1

If you need a short "dungeon crawl", try this:
http://madlabcreations.tripod.com/FRPG/ ... irloom.htm

I wrote it for a different game but it shouldn't really require much if any conversion. Just swap out the monsters and treasure. They're fairly "generic/universal".

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

Thanks for the module

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

nwelte1 wrote:

Don't know if you've seen this, but you might find this M&T preview helpful:
http://www.trolllord.com/newsite/downlo ... nsters.pdf

Enjoy.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

sykoholic

Post by sykoholic »

nwelte1 wrote:
Thanks for the module

I was bored this afternoon so I went ahead and converted "Family Heirloom" to C&C. Hopefully, I did everything right.
http://madlabcreations.tripod.com/FRPG/ ... om_CnC.htm

Tank

Post by Tank »

Great! Thank you my good sir. That will save me some work!

sykoholic

Post by sykoholic »

My pleasure.
As I said, I can't vouch for how pin-point accurate the conversion is. "Bat Swarm" and "Giant Centipede" weren't in M&T so I had to wing it somewhat with them. There isn't a C&C equivalent of "Rot Grubs" that I could find so I had to wing that one as well.

If anyone finds any severe mistakes, please point them out. Critiques, suggestions for improvement, and feedback are always welcome. If you should actually use the adventure, please let me know how it turns out.

Anyways... this is supposed to be nwelte1's thread so I'll shut up now and stop hi-jacking it.

nwelte1
Lore Drake

Post by nwelte1 »

hijack away

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I think the Rot Grub and swarms will work fine, The only thing I would do with the swarm is keep the CL equal to the HD of the swarm.

Even if you don't, if you advance the swarm like in 3E, just up the CL check the same amount you increase the HD of the swarms.

Easy stuff, once you decide how you want it to work.

Nice little adventure Syko.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.