Castles and Crusades PbP - In Game Thread

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Post Reply
acererak
Mist Elf
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:00 am

Castles and Crusades PbP - In Game Thread

Post by acererak »

Mist rises from Bigfish Lake as the three of you make your way north on Lakeham Lane. There is a slight chill in the air, a drop in temperature from the day before. As you makeyour way towards Garham you pass a farmhouse on your left, barking dogs can be heard in the distance. The smell of smoked fish becomes strong as you approach the hamlet. A modestly attired man with a wide brimmed hat is walking along the road towards you. His skin has the quality of beaten leather, he is old, past his prime, but you can still see youth in his eyes. Over his shoulder is a sturdy stick with line attached from which three respectfully sized fish hang. The man tips his hat as he passes.

The three of you pause, considering your next course of action. You were thrown together by chance, in search of adventure. You came to be companions simply by fate, you were travelling in the same direction. Now you stop to wonder where to find the next big adventure....

Moorcrys
Red Cap
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am

Post by Moorcrys »

Gelias beats some dust from his cloak and breathes deeply, taking in the cool lake air.

"Well fellows," the lad smiles, "not the bustling town we may have been hoping for, but perhaps there is a warm meal to be had and some paying errand to be run here. We might earn a few coin on our way to Yggsburgh, if that indeed is our destination."

He quietly whistles a short tune to himself and nods cordially at the passing man.
_________________
----------------

Moorcrys

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10792
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Post by Rhuvein »

Cedric waves and smiles at the man passing, and looks up at the sky - thinking it will be a great day. Satisfied with his morning prayers, he is excited and ready to travel and see the world!

He pulls out his pouch of Longbottom Leaf and fills his pipe. With a little hop in his step he lights up and puffs away while walking along observing the road and trees around him.
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Rigon
Clang lives!
Posts: 7199
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA

Post by Rigon »

Azikr quitely studies his new "companions" as he walks along.
_________________
Rigon o' the Lakelands, Baron of The Castles & Crusades Society
The Book of the Mind
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10792
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Cedric - halfling cleric

Post by Rhuvein »

Moorcrys wrote:
Gelias - We might earn a few coin on our way to Yggsburgh, if that indeed is our destination."

"Yes, a few coins to feed our bellies and help those less fortunate, but a little adventure would be welcome as well . . . I have never been to Yggsburgh. I fear I will be overwhelmed in such a large city!" says Cedric holding his pipe for the moment.
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Moorcrys
Red Cap
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am

Post by Moorcrys »

Barring any objections, Gelias continues on to the small village, smiling and nodding to passersby and looking for the local tavern or inn.
_________________
----------------

Moorcrys

User avatar
Rigon
Clang lives!
Posts: 7199
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA

Post by Rigon »

Azikr quietly states, "Lead on. I'll follow."
_________________
Rigon o' the Lakelands, Baron of The Castles & Crusades Society
The Book of the Mind
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

acererak
Mist Elf
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:00 am

Post by acererak »

Following Gelias' lead you continue down the road as at a relaxed pace. You notice a few watchful eyes peeking from behind doors. You decide to stick to Lakeham Lane as it winds passing streets with names like Broad Street and Loop Lane. You pass a sturdy looking dwarf standing atop a cart adjacent to a wooden building.He huffs and puffs as he packs wooden crates onto the cart. Stopping to admire his work he scratches his red beard and says, to no one in particular:Hrrmph, that looks about right."

Moorcrys
Red Cap
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am

Post by Moorcrys »

Gelias walks toward the working dwarf until he stands a few paces off. The half elf nods and smiles, glancing at the crates for a moment before addressing him.

"Good morning, longbeard. Please pardon me for troubling you - I am Gelias, and these are my fine companions Azikr, Cedrus, and the lady Carmiliana... Karma, if you would address her as a friend. My companions and I are seeking the nearest tavern or lodging place here in Garham. Or barring that, somewhere one might fight the prospect of work, and, frankly for my taste, a bit of adventure if it can be had. We are low on coin and weary of the aimless road. Can such things be found here?"
_________________
----------------

Moorcrys

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10792
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Post by Rhuvein »

Moorcrys wrote:
"Good morning, longbeard. Please pardon me for troubling you - I am Gelias, and these are my fine companions Azikr, Cedrus, and the lady Carmiliana... Karma, if you would address her as a friend. My companions and I are seeking the nearest tavern or lodging place here in Garham. Or barring that, somewhere one might fight the prospect of work, and, frankly for my taste, a bit of adventure if it can be had. We are low on coin and weary of the aimless road. Can such things be found here?"

The halfling starts suddenly at hearing his name mispronounced and speaks quietly to Gelias, "It's CedRIC, my name is Cedric . . . !"

Turning to the dwarf, he says, "Greetings master dwarf!, and executes a slight bow.
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Rigon
Clang lives!
Posts: 7199
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA

Post by Rigon »

Azikr says nothing and hangs back from the dwarf as the others talk to him.
_________________
Rigon o' the Lakelands, Baron of The Castles & Crusades Society
The Book of the Mind
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

acererak
Mist Elf
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:00 am

Post by acererak »

The dwarf stops to consider Gelias' words. He seems to suppress a smile at Cedric's indignation at having his name mispronounced. Scratching his beard again the Dwarf speaks:The Jolly Fisherman is just up the road, easy enough to find lads. As for work.....Don't know much about that, I suppose it would depend on your occupation. With that the dwarf climbs down from his cart. He stops near the halfling: Say, what sort of leaf be that? Been a while since I had a good smoke and the smell is pleasing lad.

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10792
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Post by Rhuvein »

acererak wrote:
He stops near the halfling: Say, what sort of leaf be that? Been a while since I had a good smoke and the smell is pleasing lad.

Cedric smiles at the dwarf's friendly tone and tosses a bag of tobacco his way. "Tis Longbottom Leaf. I believe you'll enjoy it . . say - any tips or recommendations for traveling the roads hereabout? We're making our way to Yggsburgh!"
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Moorcrys
Red Cap
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am

Post by Moorcrys »

Gelias grins, "Apologies, my halfling friend, I was using the elfish pronunciation.'

Giving the dwarf some time to fill his pipe, Gelias says, "Cedric is correct, our ultimate destination is Yggsburgh. As to our occupation... it depends on the need. Nothing nefarious, mind you, but I'm sure an astute dwarf such as your self realizes we are no fishermen."
_________________
----------------

Moorcrys

acererak
Mist Elf
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:00 am

Post by acererak »

The dwarf happily produces a pipe from his pocket and packs it with Cedric's longbottom leaf. As he does this he continues talking:A gift given to one of my kind is not forgotten, thank you friend Cedric. I am Ivar. Come, my boys can tend this cart till I am ready to ride out, I'll show you the way to the Jolly Fisherman. As for Yggsburgh, I'm headin' there myself lads if you're going straight away. 'Tis up to you, course I'll give you the friend price....Drinks first though. With that the dwarf continues up the road with short, steady strides.

Karma_Murphy
Henchman
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 7:00 am

Introducing Karma

Post by Karma_Murphy »

Karma is a young beautiful Elven female who appears to be the equivalent of a woman in her late teens except with pointed ears. She's well proportioned to her 5 feet 8 inch height with a clearly physically fit physique. Her midnight blue-black hair is silky and smooth much like the rest of her and is shoulder length but often worn tied up in a pony tail due to her active lifestyle. Soft luminescent jade green irises that reflect that feisty inner fire are set into her almond shaped eyes accented by thin even naturally arched brows. Tanned skin speaks more of her active lifestyle yet still seems well taken care of and soft. She wears no make-up for her natural beauty is quite enough with her heart shaped face, petite nose, and smooth rouge colored full lips. Her natural beauty cannot even be dimmed by her usual grim expression, but you can definitely tell she's a serious one.

As she's introduced she nods to the Dwarf in acknowledgment. However, she frowns slightly as Gelias and Cedric seem to be telling this Dwarf all their business as she's used to being much more discreet. Alas she says nothing allowing them to build a rapport with a hopefully friendly Dwarf. She raises an eyebrow as it seems the two's persistence has paid off, a road to Yggsburgh with what she could only guess as a caravan.

As they begin to walk to the Jolly Fisherman Karma moves to walk with the Dwarf, Ivar, which isn't hard considering her legs are at least twice the length of his. She speaks softly, almost a whisper, but seems just loud enough to be heard by someone standing next to her, and is almost melodic in tone, "Good Dwarf, are you caravaning to Yggsburgh? If so, perhaps we could provide you with additional protections in exchange for accompanying your caravan?" She cocked her head slightly inquisitively.
OOC: FYI, She is only known as "Karma" as that is her road name. Her true Elven name is not known to anyone, yet. And certainly she wouldn't be introducing herself to strangers using her real name. A lady has to take precautions on the dangerous road.

Moorcrys
Red Cap
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am

Post by Moorcrys »

Gelias follows the dwarf and halfling, discreetly falling back from the two as they seem to have hit it off. He unstraps his mandolin and quietly tests the strings as they walk.
OOC: Sorry Karma, noted. Jumped in with both feet... I'll be good from now on, I promise.
_________________
----------------

Moorcrys

User avatar
Rigon
Clang lives!
Posts: 7199
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Conneaut Lake, PA

Post by Rigon »

Azikr follows a few steps behind the others. He studies the "friendly" dwarf closely as he walks down the street.
_________________
Rigon o' the Lakelands, Baron of The Castles & Crusades Society
The Book of the Mind
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10792
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Post by Rhuvein »

Cedric is surprised when the tall beautiful elvish female appears out of no where and suddenly starts talking. He stares at first and then catches himself and continues to follow along puffing away but saying nothing.

Being somewhat shy around women folk, especially very tall ones, he will wait for an opportunity to introduce himself. The halfling then directs his attention to Ivar, listening to his answers.
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Post Reply