Yex is a yes?

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
anglefish
Unkbartig

Yex is a yes?

Post by anglefish »

http://www.trolllord.com/newsite/d20/yex.html

1 through 20 level campaigns always get my attention. My time has become to short to create a whole campiagn from scratch.

I'm just hoping it has some nice C&C conversion notes. And since the CKG will hopfuly come out before the high level adventures, we'll be able to put those 13+ level PCs rules to good use.

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

This caught my eye when it was first announced some time back, looking forward to picking this up.

ChaosImp
Hlobane Orc

Post by ChaosImp »

Only 8 mods to get to 20th level? We played a campaign for five years and I think that two characters got to 20th. Thats only because I had someone else DM for me a couple of times and he handed the players stupid amounts of xp. Although when they played the Paladin in Hell the party met a horrible end. They thought that they were unbeatable and stopped playing as a group and instead went for individual glory, unfortunately Geryon and his group kicked the poo out of them.

IMP

anglefish
Unkbartig

Post by anglefish »

ChaosImp wrote:
Only 8 mods to get to 20th level? We played a campaign for five years and I think that two characters got to 20th. Thats only because I had someone else DM for me a couple of times and he handed the players stupid amounts of xp. Although when they played the Paladin in Hell the party met a horrible end. They thought that they were unbeatable and stopped playing as a group and instead went for individual glory, unfortunately Geryon and his group kicked the poo out of them.

IMP

It all depends on the version/editon of DnD or d20 your running. It took less than two years to have a 2nd edition game go to 20th while I was in a 3.0 game that stopped at 16th in two years.

ChaosImp
Hlobane Orc

Post by ChaosImp »

Thats a lot of playing ! But I always thought it was easier to go up in levels in 3rd ed than 2nd ed, or did I read it wrong.

IMP

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

ChaosImp wrote:
Thats a lot of playing ! But I always thought it was easier to go up in levels in 3rd ed than 2nd ed, or did I read it wrong.

It's a lot faster going up levels in the v3.X game then any other edition of D&D for sure. Even if you have a stingy GM, as long as he is following the rules, advnacement is much faster in general.

..............................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

anglefish
Unkbartig

Post by anglefish »

Omote wrote:
It's a lot faster going up levels in the v3.X game then any other edition of D&D for sure. Even if you have a stingy GM, as long as he is following the rules, advnacement is much faster in general.

..............................................Omote

FPQ

My bad, I meant to say that it all depends on the GM as compared to the version your playing (that's what I get for writing at work when I' stressed. Then again, these board give me a much needed break.)

My examples are true however.

The 2nd ed. GM gave out XP by the bucket loads, but we were always near death at the end of every combat. He made us pull out every trick in the book and then some.

The 3.0 GM followed XP guidelines to the "T" and we were challenged, but in no serious danger.

Regardless, tweaking XP speed in all versions of the game is simply a numbers game (pun intended). Simply divide or mulitiply the rate to suit your sweet spot.

In fact, I get a good laugh when I read about XP arguments during an Edition flame war.

The same sort of old timers who have answers to general level advement arguments back when I was pushing GURPS or Storyteller suddenly spout the same questions I used to ask.

i.e., "How come we don't have a legion of 20th level warriors running around after a war since all those 1st level soliders must get tons of XP." Answer for all editons of DnD, because the GM says "no."

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

I'll be the semi-wet blanket here.

I would rather see this for C&C and possibly will wait on it in case the Troll do a C&C version of it. D20 stuff no matter if it is by TLG doesn't interest me anymore.

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Julian Grimm wrote:
I'll be the semi-wet blanket here.

I would rather see this for C&C and possibly will wait on it in case the Troll do a C&C version of it. D20 stuff no matter if it is by TLG doesn't interest me anymore.

I think this is kind of cool. I'd much rather see in in C&C, but if TLG can get some good PR behind this....

You'll have d20 players going.. TLG huh? That Yex was pretty damn cool, wonder what else they put out.

Then, when their least suspecting it...

We nab them.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

True and I do have a crapload of D20 TLG stuff. I've read it all and thought I wish I had known about them when I was playing 3e. And if I ever did get back into it I would use TLG's and Necro's stuff exclusively.

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

anglefish
Unkbartig

Post by anglefish »

So anybody verify this product has C&C notes in it?

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

There are no C&C notes in Yex. Its a d20 product entirely.

As much as I championed that cause, it didn't happen.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

anglefish
Unkbartig

Post by anglefish »

gideon_thorne wrote:
There are no C&C notes in Yex. Its a d20 product entirely.

As much as I championed that cause, it didn't happen.

The battle might have been lost, but we apprecate the effort.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

I'm disappointed but TLG does do some excellent D20 stuff as well.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Its possible the author did not want TLG to make his/her work C&C-based, but I don't know. In any case, I'm glad to see TLG releasing another module... since adventures are what people scream they need all over the place. The format is of little concern to me, since I have the luxury of being able to use it, regardless of what edition it is for.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

You never know, maybe the module will do well enough for TLG to open up a team of writers dedicated to d20.

............................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Omote wrote:
You never know, maybe the module will do well enough for TLG to open up a team of writers dedicated to d20.

............................................Omote

FPQ

*chuckles* Someone else can lay all that out then. Those d20 stat blocks are agrivating as all get out to organize.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach