font size adjustments?

Updates, bugs, and fixes that are strictly related to the TLG forums.
Chaotic Evil Funtime
Skobbit

font size adjustments?

Post by Chaotic Evil Funtime »

henlo, forum newbie here! :D

is there an option to change the font display size for the forums? i'm not too keen on changing the browser zoom, as it throws off all the formatting when i browse. thank you!
chaotic evil for fun and profit

Bifford
Site Admin

Re: font size adjustments?

Post by Bifford »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

There is not currently a way to do it, but it is something I am acutely aware of it needing. I took over the curatorship half a year or so ago, so most of what you see here is legacy and out of my control. I will look into the possibility of a module once more, but in the meantime the CTRL+Scroll Wheel enlarging of the entire GUI is your best best. It will only affect the tab you are in and these text-based pages shouldn't change the look much at all at bigger zoom levels.

Chaotic Evil Funtime
Skobbit

Post by Chaotic Evil Funtime »

Bifford wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:21 pm
Hello and welcome to the forum!

There is not currently a way to do it, but it is something I am acutely aware of it needing. I took over the curatorship half a year or so ago, so most of what you see here is legacy and out of my control. I will look into the possibility of a module once more, but in the meantime the CTRL+Scroll Wheel enlarging of the entire GUI is your best best. It will only affect the tab you are in and these text-based pages shouldn't change the look much at all at bigger zoom levels.
hi bifford, thanks for taking a peek. i understand that legacy is legacy, and there's only so much you can do (i've been on that end of code myself). i appreciate it, and if it doesnt work out, then it is what it is.
chaotic evil for fun and profit

Bifford
Site Admin

Post by Bifford »

Hello there!

I found a plugin which works :)

1. Go to your User Control Panel by clicking on your username top right, by your avatar.
User Control Panel 1
User Control Panel 1
User Control Panel 1.jpg (22.61 KiB) Viewed 63 times

2. Under "Board Preferences" change "Would you prefer the font to be larger?" to "Yes" and a value, for a general font size change. Change "Would you prefer a different font size for mobile devices?" to "Yes" and a value for your phone browsing. You can also set all fonts to Bold. Press "Submit" to save the changes.
User Control Panel 2
User Control Panel 2
User Control Panel 2.jpg (79.67 KiB) Viewed 63 times

This is an example of the fonts being changed to 150%. You will notice that all text on the site is larger but the logo is not.
User Control Panel 3 (150%)
User Control Panel 3 (150%)
User Control Panel 3 (150%).jpg (94.53 KiB) Viewed 63 times

I hope this helps!
Best regards, Sam / Troll Bifford.