North TX RPG Con 2024

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
Ancalagon
Ulthal

North TX RPG Con 2024

Post by Ancalagon »

Greetings All,

I'm shifting gears in 2024 and opting for North Texas RPG Con (NTXRPG) in 2024 in favor of another trip to Gary Con. This will be my first trip to NTXRPG as my plans for attending in 2022 were derailed by illness. I'm really looking forward to attending!

At the moment, I'm undecided on running an event(s) since it will be my first time there. If I do run something, it will be either AD&D or C&C. Does anyone know if C&C events are usually offered and, if so, are they well-received?

Chime in if you plan to attend!
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Persimmon
Ulthal

Re: North TX RPG Con 2024

Post by Persimmon »

I was there this year and there was not a huge C&C presence, though there were a couple, I think. One thing I noticed was that slots for most games fill up pretty quick so I think you'll be fine either way. And you can post pick-up games on a board there so you can sort of gauge interest at the conference as well.

I would certainly play C&C if I attend, but too early to tell if I'm going again.
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....

Joe Mohr
Skobbit

Post by Joe Mohr »

There are always a lot of different OSR games offered at NTRPG. I am sure you can find some interested parties.

Joe Mohr
Skobbit

Post by Joe Mohr »

This year I am going to be running the same event on two different days. My event is and AD&D 1E adventure that I wrote for Dragonsfoot a while back called "The Temple of Chaos." Basically it is an extension of the Keep on the Borderlands adventure.

It will be offered on Wed at 7:00 PM and Sat at 2:00 PM.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Joe Mohr wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:45 pm
This year I am going to be running the same event on two different days. My event is and AD&D 1E adventure that I wrote for Dragonsfoot a while back called "The Temple of Chaos." Basically it is an extension of the Keep on the Borderlands adventure.

It will be offered on Wed at 7:00 PM and Sat at 2:00 PM.
Thanks for the heads up! I'm in your Wed 7:00 PM session and looking forward to it.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Joe Mohr
Skobbit

Post by Joe Mohr »

Awesome!

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I'm envious. I've never been able to go to a con. Nort Texas is the closest to me and one day I hope to go.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Lurker wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:55 pm
I'm envious. I've never been able to go to a con. Nort Texas is the closest to me and one day I hope to go.
When you do, be sure to give a shout out here so we can meet if I'm also attending that year. I enjoy putting faces with forum names at conventions. 8-)
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander