Aihrde Missing Race?

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Alden
Skobbit

Aihrde Missing Race?

Post by Alden »

I'm posting this here because it falls under C&C, my niece recently received a copy of the Players Guide to Aihrde. She was really excited about a race called the half-faerie listed among the other races in the age and height/weight charts in the beginning of the book on page seven. However neither she nor I could find any information on the race anywhere else in the book. I suggested she take the initiative and try making a version of it herself and she currently trying to create a half-faerie race. I'm just wondering if this was an oversight, and maybe something was added to or subtracted from the book, that maybe shouldn't have been?

serleran
Mogrl

Re: Aihrde Missing Race?

Post by serleran »

My guess is the language used is Trollspeak and it should merely have said "half-elf."

The authors sometimes get cutesy.

However, a half-fey would be, potentially, interesting. I know I've used a folklore-inspired version of gnome in my personal setting so something more along the darker pathways would be fun... vulnerability/refusal to use iron, mirror/reflection magic, nature affinity, shield surfing archery.... you know, the usual.

Persimmon
Ulthal

Post by Persimmon »

Hackmaster 4e has a supplement called "The Adventurers Guide to Pixie Fairies" that has lots of fey variants one could easily port over to C&C. But used copies are running around $50 on Ebay. Even better, there are fey races in "The Crusaders Companion." Is that still available online somewhere?
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....

Alden
Skobbit

Post by Alden »

serleran wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:52 pm
My guess is the language used is Trollspeak and it should merely have said "half-elf."
I'd agree with you except half-elf is listed right above it, on all three charts on page 7.

Alden
Skobbit

Post by Alden »

Persimmon wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:42 pm
Hackmaster 4e has a supplement called "The Adventurers Guide to Pixie Fairies" that has lots of fey variants one could easily port over to C&C. But used copies are running around $50 on Ebay. Even better, there are fey races in "The Crusaders Companion." Is that still available online somewhere?
I actually already own that book, but it's been more than a decade since I've even looked at it so I didn't even remember that. I'll bookmark the page and give it to my niece later. Thanks for the info.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

I have a home brew Sprite race I made for one of my campaigns as well, though it is more in line with anime/manga trope. PM if interested.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Hero's Journey has a Half Fay race. It might fit, and it is fairly easy to convert anything from Hero's Journey into C&C.

Interesting things about it is if the character does nothing that draws attention to themself, people will not notice them &/or forget they were there. Really useful for a thief type. The cost is that normal animals are spooked in the presence of one.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society