Adventurers Backpack Cards

Where CKs swap ideas and players figure out what's coming.

Moderator: Keeper Advice Moderators

Persimmon
Ulthal

Adventurers Backpack Cards

Post by Persimmon »

So while I'm mixed on the quality and utility of the Adventurers Backpack as whole, I do love the custom backpacks in there and regularly select them when creating characters. But I never bought the deck of playing cards they made for them because I wasn't sure if I'd ever use them in play since the stuff was already written on the character sheets. But I came up with a cool idea last night as I was working on my random encounters table for Undermountain. One thing I like to do to spice up "random encounters" is to make some of them clues, discoveries, or dungeon dressing. So the party might find bloody footprints, a weapons cache, a discarded or lost bag of coins, or whatever. Last night I decided to make lost/discarded adventuring pack one of these things. I went into the book and selected a few for a random roll determination. Then I remembered the decks of cards. So now I'm ordering those and when I want a random pack, I'll just shuffle the deck. Not earth shattering I know, but a fun little justification to buy a luxury gaming item.
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Adventurers Backpack Cards

Post by Go0gleplex »

That's actually an awesome idea dude! Consider it yoinked! ;)
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Trueshaft
Skobbit

Post by Trueshaft »

I like the cards as an idea, but in practice, my 58-year-old eyes are unable to read the dang things without a magnifier ( I did buy a deck). I wish they made a jumbo tarot sized deck for us oldsters.
Enjoy playing and CKing C & C as much as I'm able. I'm usually free on Sundays and Tuesdays just about any time. Both as a player, and CK.

Persimmon
Ulthal

Post by Persimmon »

Got mine the other day, along with a new C&C t-shirt. They'll be perfect for what I want to do.
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....