CKG UK Purchase

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Zirlock
Skobbit

CKG UK Purchase

Post by Zirlock »

Good Evening Folks,

After a few years of Pathfinder, and a few more of D&D 5e, I’m looking to switch back to C&C. I’ve still got my physical books (PHBs, M&T, etc), and those, plus the CKG, in PDF, but I’m looking to pick up a physical copy of the CKG (printing irrelevant).

I’ve done a fair bit of internet searching over the past few days, but can’t find anything in stock anywhere in the UK. Anyone have any inside knowledge of a local game store that might have one?

Cheers,

Z

Grandpa
Ulthal

Re: CKG UK Purchase

Post by Grandpa »

try this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Castles-Crusad ... 1936822172

Only item I could find over there

Zirlock
Skobbit

Post by Zirlock »

Thanks, seen them.

They are all coming from the US, so there will be customs and VAT to pay on top, probably bringing the total to over £100. If that is my only option, I'd rather buy direct from TLG.

Z

Grandpa
Ulthal

Post by Grandpa »

I couldn't find any physical CKG in any UK store listing. I hate VAT. Probably cheapest option would be a private non-commercial sale from a USA gamer. Post and see if anyone has a copy they want to sell cheap. Or direct from TLG I guess.

Zirlock
Skobbit

Post by Zirlock »

Thanks 👍

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

If nothing comes up here, you can always post something in the Classified section over at Dragonsfoot. Might get a bigger audience there.

Zirlock
Skobbit

Post by Zirlock »

Nice one, thanks.

BigJackBrass
Mist Elf

Post by BigJackBrass »

You’ve perhaps already seen Dungeonland, although they’re also out of stock at the moment. However, they do seem to carry the largest C&C selection in the UK these days so may well be ordering more soon. I’d suggest getting in touch if you’ve not already.

Zirlock
Skobbit

Post by Zirlock »

Thanks. I’ve seen them, and dropped them a message.

BigJackBrass
Mist Elf

Post by BigJackBrass »

It’s strangely difficult to find a copy over here; I left a search running on eBay and eventually picked up a new one at a discount due to a dinged corner.

The only other potential stockist I can think of offhand is Fanboy 3 in Manchester. Nothing on the website, but last time I was there (admittedly a few months ago) I did notice a display of the latest Monsters & Treasure printing on the shelf.

Zirlock
Skobbit

Post by Zirlock »

Thanks mate. I know the owner a little from my PFS days, so I will see what he has.

Cheers,

Z

jebear
Henchman

Post by jebear »

I'm in the UK and just getting into C&C. I'm also waiting to get a copy of The Castle Keepers Guide. Dungeonland is great and my favourite supplier. I hope that they get more stock soon.
Always a Gamer
UK Based
https://twitter.com/7deadlywins

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Welcome to the group!

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

jebear wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:47 pm
I'm in the UK and just getting into C&C. I'm also waiting to get a copy of The Castle Keepers Guide. Dungeonland is great and my favourite supplier. I hope that they get more stock soon.
Welcome to the board. Hope you have as much enjoyment from C&C as I've had over the years !
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Indeed, welcome. I blame the Library Offences Act of 1898 (which forbids/makes illegal any form of gambling inside a library, amongst other things) although, strangely, it was repealed in 2005... just a nip after the release of C&C so, umm, maybe not so much?

What I've done to help those pond jumpers is to ship direct, rather than try to inform them to go to a store... even in the US, it is hard to find C&C stuff on shelf. I certainly cannot and there are at least 4 gaming stores that could sell it. They used to but then stopped.

Zirlock
Skobbit

Post by Zirlock »

jebear wrote:
Cool. Where are you based, and are you interested in a face-to-face game as a DM or Player?

Z

jebear
Henchman

Post by jebear »

Zirlock wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:07 pm
jebear wrote:
Cool. Where are you based, and are you interested in a face-to-face game as a DM or Player?

Z

Hi Z

I'm based in Mid Wales. I've recently found a gaming group in Aberystwyth and am hoping to do some face-to-face gaming in the new year. I'm planning to DM B/X to start and hope to sidestep into some C&C.
Always a Gamer
UK Based

jebear
Henchman

Post by jebear »

Thanks for the Welcome.

As I mentioned I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of The Castle Keepers Guide. Dungeonland have announced that their restock of C&C has just shipped from the US. Does anyone know if there is a 4th printing of the Castle Keepers Guide?
Always a Gamer
UK Based

Grandpa
Ulthal

Post by Grandpa »

jebear wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:45 pm
Does anyone know if there is a 4th printing of the Castle Keepers Guide?
3rd Printing is the latest. From earlier this summer.

jebear
Henchman

Post by jebear »

Grandpa wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:55 pm
jebear wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:45 pm
Does anyone know if there is a 4th printing of the Castle Keepers Guide?
3rd Printing is the latest. From earlier this summer.
Brilliant. Thank you.

Needless to say I will be buying a copy as soon as I can. I love the alternate covers.

John
Always a Gamer
UK Based