Swords & Chaos

Discuss the SIEGE engine, and SIEGE Engine games other than C&C, such as StarSIEGE, in this forum.
finarvyn
Global Moderator

Swords & Chaos

Post by finarvyn »

Looks like a SIEGE based RPG, but not done by the Troll Lords. Not sure if that's good or bad, but they advertise that it's inspired by Karl Edward Wagner and Robert E Howard.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bl ... escription

Anyone know anything about this?
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

maximus
Unkbartig

Re: Swords & Chaos

Post by maximus »

I saw something about it on another forum. I go by a different name (same picture) over there. @Persimmon might be able to provide some information.

Looks pretty cool, although I've been hesitating to buy any new systems.

Persimmon
Red Cap

Post by Persimmon »

I backed the KS but we haven't seen much since a preview a few months ago. It looked promising, a sort of mash-up of C&C & DCC, with elements of Modiphius Conan thrown in. Spell system based on points, not Vancian. There are corruption & luck mechanics. No clerics, so I'm not sure how healing works. Hopefully not like in 5e. The most recent update, which was about three weeks ago, said that the pdf will be dropping soon, with hard copies available in November. I'm pretty psyched, because I've been itching to do a Sword & Sorcery campaign, but haven't found the right system for my group. Since we know C&C and DCC, but find the latter too clunky, this could fit the bill.

The author also hinted that he's doing something else for Troll Lord, but didn't say what that is.
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....

maximus
Unkbartig

Post by maximus »

This sounds intriguing. Let us know how things look once the pdf is issued.