Fantastic Adventure

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
Dorf the Dwarf
Mist Elf

Fantastic Adventure

Post by Dorf the Dwarf »

So, I saw that "Fantastic Adventure" is one of the oldest modules, one that actually predates C&C. Has anyone ran or played it? What can be said about it?

soloplayer
Mist Elf

Re: Fantastic Adventure

Post by soloplayer »

No knowledge here, but I recently noticed that one as well. Might have to give it a go...

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I read it a long time ago, but never ran it. From what I can remember it was your standard 1st level dungeon crawl. I think there is an enemy adventuring party that you have to face.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Dorf the Dwarf wrote:So, I saw that "Fantastic Adventure" is one of the oldest modules, one that actually predates C&C. Has anyone ran or played it? What can be said about it?
Indeed. But, this module and a few others were not C&C adventure modules (d20) - cause they were written before C&C was created.

That said, most of these early mods were later converted to C&C (excellent for us, of course because they were fabulous).

Many of those early d20 modules were released in 2001, but I believe "Lion in the Ropes" by Steve was the first adventure from TLG.

And a great one too!

:D
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Following up on the OP. I re-read this module and had forgotten how well written and interesting it is. Mac Golden did a great job on this.

As Rigon mentioned ~ standard dungeon crawl (so the players may think), but with a clever and fun twist. The other adventuring party is one that your players will decide what to do with. Friend or foe, they will figure it out.

4-6 characters, lvls 1-2. Excellent tips and instructions on how the CK can run the module.

The Fantastic Adventure is . . . a fantastic adventure. Highly recommended.

Well done, Mac and TLG! :)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Rigon wrote:I read it a long time ago, but never ran it. From what I can remember it was your standard 1st level dungeon crawl. I think there is an enemy adventuring party that you have to face.

R-
Hehe, I had so forgotten this module that I didn't mention it to Mac when we met him down at TrollCON. Remember him? Nice fellow and his wife was quite funny, IIRC.

Mac Golden
Hlobane Orc

Post by Mac Golden »

Thank you Rhuvein!