View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Help Flying Buffalo's Rick Loomis fight Cancer 
Ulthal

Post Help Flying Buffalo's Rick Loomis fight Cancer
Rick Loomis, founder of Flying Buffalo, is battling Cancer. As someone whose wife is also struggling with this, I know that means overwhelming medical bills. There is a gofundme set up for him, and also the new Bundle of Holding features a bunch of Flying Buffalo Stuff, and BoH is donating their usual 10% to the publisher's share to help. Here is the BoH link, which also has a link to the gofundme, so shichever route you want to go, you can find it here.

https://www.bundleofholding.com/presents/Catalyst2019

Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:18 am
Cleric of Zagyg

Post Re: Help Flying Buffalo's Rick Loomis fight Cancer
Gringnr wrote:
Rick Loomis, founder of Flying Buffalo, is battling Cancer. As someone whose wife is also struggling with this, I know that means overwhelming medical bills. There is a gofundme set up for him, and also the new Bundle of Holding features a bunch of Flying Buffalo Stuff, and BoH is donating their usual 10% to the publisher's share to help. Here is the BoH link, which also has a link to the gofundme, so shichever route you want to go, you can find it here.

Hi Gring. Sorry to hear this, but more sorry to hear about your wife. I hope she is winning the battle!

Rhu.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:15 am
Greater Lore Drake

Rhuvein wrote:
Gringnr wrote:

Hi Gring. Sorry to hear this, but more sorry to hear about your wife. I hope she is winning the battle!

Rhu.

Rgr that, bad news but worse to hear it about your wife.

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:35 am
Mogrl

Rick Loomis has lost this battle.

May your wife survive the TPK attempt.

Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:14 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

R.I.P.

Does anyone have any of this material from FB/Loomis? Is it good? Thought?

It does look and read well from the descriptions, but I always like to hear from a Crusader.

Many thanks,

Rhu. :)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:41 am
Mogrl

Rick Loomis wrote Buffalo Castle, for Tunnels and Trolls which is likely, arguably, the first solo RPG item ever published, predating CYOA (choose your own adventure) and other "adventure path" books.

He was, at the minimum, the idea man for Grimtooth's Traps, a series that is either lauded as awesome (from me anyway) or derided (by the same people who don't like meatgrinder dungeons, like Tomb of Horrors.)

He may have been more of a "publisher" than "creator" but that doesn't really change his impact -- just visibility.

Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:57 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

serleran wrote:
Rick Loomis wrote Buffalo Castle, for Tunnels and Trolls which is likely, arguably, the first solo RPG item ever published, predating CYOA (choose your own adventure) and other "adventure path" books.

He was, at the minimum, the idea man for Grimtooth's Traps, a series that is either lauded as awesome (from me anyway) or derided (by the same people who don't like meatgrinder dungeons, like Tomb of Horrors.)

He may have been more of a "publisher" than "creator" but that doesn't really change his impact -- just visibility.

Thanks! :)

Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]