Help Flying Buffalo's Rick Loomis fight Cancer

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Gringnr
Ulthal

Help Flying Buffalo's Rick Loomis fight Cancer

Post by Gringnr »

Rick Loomis, founder of Flying Buffalo, is battling Cancer. As someone whose wife is also struggling with this, I know that means overwhelming medical bills. There is a gofundme set up for him, and also the new Bundle of Holding features a bunch of Flying Buffalo Stuff, and BoH is donating their usual 10% to the publisher's share to help. Here is the BoH link, which also has a link to the gofundme, so shichever route you want to go, you can find it here.

https://www.bundleofholding.com/presents/Catalyst2019
It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Help Flying Buffalo's Rick Loomis fight Cancer

Post by Tadhg »

Gringnr wrote:Rick Loomis, founder of Flying Buffalo, is battling Cancer. As someone whose wife is also struggling with this, I know that means overwhelming medical bills. There is a gofundme set up for him, and also the new Bundle of Holding features a bunch of Flying Buffalo Stuff, and BoH is donating their usual 10% to the publisher's share to help. Here is the BoH link, which also has a link to the gofundme, so shichever route you want to go, you can find it here.

Hi Gring. Sorry to hear this, but more sorry to hear about your wife. I hope she is winning the battle!

Rhu.
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rhuvein wrote:
Gringnr wrote:Rick Loomis, founder of Flying Buffalo, is battling Cancer. As someone whose wife is also struggling with this, I know that means overwhelming medical bills. There is a gofundme set up for him, and also the new Bundle of Holding features a bunch of Flying Buffalo Stuff, and BoH is donating their usual 10% to the publisher's share to help. Here is the BoH link, which also has a link to the gofundme, so shichever route you want to go, you can find it here.

Hi Gring. Sorry to hear this, but more sorry to hear about your wife. I hope she is winning the battle!

Rhu.
Rgr that, bad news but worse to hear it about your wife.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Rick Loomis has lost this battle.

May your wife survive the TPK attempt.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

R.I.P.

Does anyone have any of this material from FB/Loomis? Is it good? Thought?

It does look and read well from the descriptions, but I always like to hear from a Crusader.

Many thanks,

Rhu. :)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Rick Loomis wrote Buffalo Castle, for Tunnels and Trolls which is likely, arguably, the first solo RPG item ever published, predating CYOA (choose your own adventure) and other "adventure path" books.

He was, at the minimum, the idea man for Grimtooth's Traps, a series that is either lauded as awesome (from me anyway) or derided (by the same people who don't like meatgrinder dungeons, like Tomb of Horrors.)

He may have been more of a "publisher" than "creator" but that doesn't really change his impact -- just visibility.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

serleran wrote:Rick Loomis wrote Buffalo Castle, for Tunnels and Trolls which is likely, arguably, the first solo RPG item ever published, predating CYOA (choose your own adventure) and other "adventure path" books.

He was, at the minimum, the idea man for Grimtooth's Traps, a series that is either lauded as awesome (from me anyway) or derided (by the same people who don't like meatgrinder dungeons, like Tomb of Horrors.)

He may have been more of a "publisher" than "creator" but that doesn't really change his impact -- just visibility.
Thanks! :)