Gary Con XII

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
Ancalagon
Ulthal

Gary Con XII

Post by Ancalagon »

Badges went on sale today. All of the gold badges sold out within 4 minutes but I managed to snag one. 8-)

Who else is going?

Who else will be running an event(s)?
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Re: Gary Con XII

Post by finarvyn »

I keep telling myself that I need to get off my tushie and go to GaryCon again. The one I attended was a ton of fun. It always seems to happen at a tough time for me each year -- as a teacher we have lots of parent-teacher things and the like in March. Ugh.
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I'm in for GaryCon this year. I plan to run at least one C&C event. There was some talk of a giant unified Aufstrag mega-dungeon event but I haven't heard anything about that in a a handful of months.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Omote wrote:I'm in for GaryCon this year. I plan to run at least one C&C event. There was some talk of a giant unified Aufstrag mega-dungeon event but I haven't heard anything about that in a a handful of months.

~O
Post some details of your event as time gets nearer and I'll gladly take a look.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

I haven't purchased my badge yet, but I'll be there. I plan to run at least one C&C event this year after taking the last couple years off (from running C&C at Gary Con).
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Well its been almost 3 months since the last chatter in the thread so here goes a BUMP.

Anyone else attending?

Anyone else running an event(s)?

Hope everyone is doing well. 8-)
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Ancalagon wrote:Well its been almost 3 months since the last chatter in the thread so here goes a BUMP.

Anyone else attending?

Anyone else running an event(s)?

Hope everyone is doing well. 8-)
What he said!
How about it?
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

As one of the unlucky bastages who was relocated to the Fairfield Inn this year for GaryCon, I have decided to cancel my C&C games for the con. I'm still going, but this year I'll be sticking to being just a player. Hopefully I will still get some pick-up games this year.
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Dang, Omote! I hate to read you got the short end of the stick and don't blame you for cancelling your events.

Since you are firmly on the player side this year, here is some info for what I'm running at GCXII:

I ran C&C at GC the last 2 years, have run numerous demos at other conventions, game stores, at an Extra Life charity fundraiser, and have been CKing C&C for my home group since July 2018 so I'm ready to flex my AD&D muscles for GCXII. Two sessions are planned: Thursday, noon to 4, and Sunday, 11 to 3. Each session accommodates 5 players.

My event is The Skull of Tamoachan.

A day’s walk from the ruins of Tamoachan, your party found a valley that holds an unexplored temple of Mictlantecuhtli, Lord of Mictlán, the Land of the Dead. Among the natives of the region, legend speaks of priceless treasures of gold and gems within the temple. The natives also fear the valley, considering it damned and a place of certain death. But you are a member of The Iron Circle Adventuring Company, a group known for accomplishing any mission undertaken! Will your team reach the temple, gain entry, explore and return alive?

The Skull of Tamoachan is an AD&D 1st Edition adventure set in the World of Greyhawk. Characters from the Players Handbook and Oriental Adventures of 5th to 7th level will be provided. Players should, at a minimum, bring dice, a pencil, a Players Handbook, and their wits!
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Did anyone else register for events today? If so, how did it turn out for you? I was fortunate to snag a seat in everything on my list.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

I was really looking forward to attending this year, but it fell off the radar screen. I've put a a reminder on my calendar to book a room as soon as they are available next year. Will be a good excuse for a quick visit with the folks in Chicago too.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Omote wrote:As one of the unlucky bastages who was relocated to the Fairfield Inn this year for GaryCon, I have decided to cancel my C&C games for the con. I'm still going, but this year I'll be sticking to being just a player. Hopefully I will still get some pick-up games this year.
Looks like we're both in the Friday, 9AM, C&C game Secrets of the Hidden Temple. Look forward to slinging dice with you on the same side of the screen.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Excellent! I'll see you in a 3 or so weeks. Let's take this temple down!

~●
VAE VICTUS!

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

As of now GCXII is still ON. Assuming it remains so, who still plans to attend?

EDIT: Nevermind. GCXII has been cancelled. https://garycon.com/gary-con-xii-cancel ... mtocifS7UE
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

Actually, GaryCon is now virtual. All games are online this year.
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

While I can appreciate the thoughts and efforts, it is just not the same. Computer gaming is not my cup o' tea.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander