View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:13 am



Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Gary Con XI 
Author Message
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 am
Posts: 438
Location: Bellevue, NE
Post Gary Con XI
Badges went on sale today, Crusaders! Gary Con is my favorite convention so I snagged mine as soon as registration opened. :)

Will you be attending? There are several folks here on the board I gamed with, ran into, said hello to, etc. at GCX and it would be most agreeable to see each of you again.

Will you be running any games? If so, please tell a little about what you'll be running without giving away too much info. ;)

I ran C&C at GCX and, since I had so much fun with the game, will do so at GCXI. For GCXI the adventure will be set in the Kingdom of Orbaal, located on HârnWorld. Pregens of levels 4-5 will be provided. When the event is approved by the GC folks, I'll post a blurb about it in this thread.

DMing/CKing two sessions feels right so I can have plenty of time to indulge my player side. There are a few DMs/GMs in whose games I'd very much like to play if I could be so fortunate.

See you in March 2019! 8-)

_________________
Imaginatio est Vita


Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:25 pm
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 am
Posts: 438
Location: Bellevue, NE
Post Re: Gary Con XI
I remembered this post from Treebore after GCX and thought it worth posting here for consideration.

Treebore wrote:
[...] Well, if this year doesn't work out for everyone, I am suggesting we, in future years, reserve, say, Saturday morning for a board member game. <snip>

_________________
Imaginatio est Vita


Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:38 pm
Profile
Hlobane Orc
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:16 am
Posts: 193
Location: Allentown, PA
Post Re: Gary Con XI
I will be attending. When do you plan on running events? I will try to run at a different time.


Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:16 am
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 2021
Post Re: Gary Con XI
I booked my room months ago. Not sure if I'll be running anything this year. Work has been intense this year. I don't think I've gamed live since Gary Con in March, actually. My gaming is pretty much limited to a C&C PBP I run.

_________________
tylermo wrote:
Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.


Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:48 pm
Profile
Battle Stag
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 11558
Location: The fairest view in the park, Ohio.
Post Re: Gary Con XI
Snagged my reg for GCXI so I plan on attending.
Not sure if I am going to run anything or not. I tend to go and play as much as I can. But maybe, just maybe.

I played in Anc's game last year and had a great time. Probably the best 4-hour game I played in the entire weekend.

I very much look forward to GaryCon every year.

~O

_________________
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<


Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 am
Posts: 438
Location: Bellevue, NE
Post Re: Gary Con XI
T1Hound wrote:
I will be attending. When do you plan on running events? I will try to run at a different time.
That's definitely still up in the air at this point but I'm looking at Thursday and/or Friday so as to leave open all of Saturday for me on the player side of the screen. I'll post something in this thread when I'm closer to a decision.

_________________
Imaginatio est Vita


Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:25 am
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 am
Posts: 438
Location: Bellevue, NE
Post Re: Gary Con XI
Buttmonkey wrote:
I booked my room months ago. Not sure if I'll be running anything this year. Work has been intense this year. I don't think I've gamed live since Gary Con in March, actually. My gaming is pretty much limited to a C&C PBP I run.
Sounds like you'll be long overdue for some face-to-face gaming goodness! ;)

_________________
Imaginatio est Vita


Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:27 am
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 am
Posts: 438
Location: Bellevue, NE
Post Re: Gary Con XI
Omote wrote:
Snagged my reg for GCXI so I plan on attending.
Not sure if I am going to run anything or not. I tend to go and play as much as I can. But maybe, just maybe.

I played in Anc's game last year and had a great time. Probably the best 4-hour game I played in the entire weekend.

I very much look forward to GaryCon every year.

~O
Emphasis mine.
Very kind of you, sir. Thank you!

_________________
Imaginatio est Vita


Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:29 am
Profile
Skobbit
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:34 am
Posts: 17
Location: Alexandria, VA
Post Re: Gary Con XI
I am going. I will probably add more games, but so far my schedule is:

Thursday:

2:00 B/X Stonehell Dungeon
7:00 Castles and Crusades: Hall of the Predators

Friday:

2:00 B/X Stonehell Dungeon
7:00 Castles and Crusades: The Conquistador's Tomb

Saturday:

2:00 Empire of the Petal Throne: Fresh off the Boat
7:00 Numenera: Ashes of the Sea


Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:46 pm
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 am
Posts: 438
Location: Bellevue, NE
Post Re: Gary Con XI
Is The Conquistador's Tomb a history themed / based adventure set on Earth?

_________________
Imaginatio est Vita


Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:07 pm
Profile
Skobbit
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:34 am
Posts: 17
Location: Alexandria, VA
Post Re: Gary Con XI
No, although it is inspired by historical conquistadors. It originally was a sub-level I designed for use in Stonehell.


Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:24 pm
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 am
Posts: 438
Location: Bellevue, NE
Post Re: Gary Con XI
Ancalagon wrote:
I remembered this post from Treebore after GCX and thought it worth posting here for consideration.

Treebore wrote:
[...] Well, if this year doesn't work out for everyone, I am suggesting we, in future years, reserve, say, Saturday morning for a board member game. <snip>
BUMP
I know GCXI is still 5 months away but just a friendly reminder about Treebore's Saturday morning board member game idea. Anyone interested or want to discuss?

_________________
Imaginatio est Vita


Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:59 am
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 2021
Post Re: Gary Con XI
It looked like I might not be able to make Gary Con this year, but the seas have parted and I will be there once again. I'm up for playing or even running an event for forum members on Saturday morning.

_________________
tylermo wrote:
Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.


Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:32 am
Profile
Hlobane Orc
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:16 am
Posts: 193
Location: Allentown, PA
Post Re: Gary Con XI
I am considering running G2 - The Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl as 2-3 slots.


Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:03 pm
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 am
Posts: 438
Location: Bellevue, NE
Post Re: Gary Con XI
Buttmonkey wrote:
It looked like I might not be able to make Gary Con this year, but the seas have parted and I will be there once again. I'm up for playing or even running an event for forum members on Saturday morning.
Glad to read you'll be at GCXI!

_________________
Imaginatio est Vita


Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:07 am
Profile
Battle Stag
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 11558
Location: The fairest view in the park, Ohio.
Post Re: Gary Con XI
I'm definitely still interested in Saturday Morning C&C Board Member shenanigans. But, 'tis a bit far away yet.

~O

_________________
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<


Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
Skobbit

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:53 am
Posts: 7
Post Re: Gary Con XI
Snagged a badge, but still sorting the lodging. Regardless I'm returning to Geneva for some gaming goodness. I look forward to seeing many of you again.


Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:08 am
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 am
Posts: 438
Location: Bellevue, NE
Post Re: Gary Con XI
captain_blood wrote:
Snagged a badge, but still sorting the lodging. Regardless I'm returning to Geneva for some gaming goodness. I look forward to seeing many of you again.
Will be great to see you again, Cap'n Blood!

_________________
Imaginatio est Vita


Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:55 am
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 am
Posts: 438
Location: Bellevue, NE
Post Re: Gary Con XI
My event submissions for GCXI have been approved.

This time I'm running Castles & Crusades in HârnWorld: Zoanthropic Benediction.

Session 1 is Thursday from 10 AM to 3 PM (that's right, five hours!)
Session 2 is Friday from 7 PM to midnight (or later depending on how things go and if no one else has the table scheduled)

The adventure will accommodate five players. I requested age range of players is 18+ (adult) and that they possess some experience in the specific rules of the game.

My event description is as follows: Winter has come to Hârn. Snow blankets the land as ice forms along the banks of the river Anoth which separates the southern reaches of the fractious kingdom of Orbaal and the tribal lands of Nuthela. The once plentiful game has grown scarce, fish avoid hooks and nets, and the people of your village go hungry. A fortnight ago, at the behest of the Tuathaich, the venerable priestess of your village, your hunting party set out to find food sufficient to hold at bay the threat of starvation for kith and kin. However, as you return to your village, you can see things are not as they were when you departed….

The published event description will be shorter as I was limited to 400 characters including punctuation and spaces.

Anyone not familiar with the HârnWorld setting can find info about it at the Columbia Games website or contact me and I can direct you to some cool videos to watch.

_________________
Imaginatio est Vita


Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:55 am
Profile
Battle Stag
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 11558
Location: The fairest view in the park, Ohio.
Post Re: Gary Con XI
Good news! Thanks for the heads up. Planning for games will be commencing soon.

~O

_________________
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<


Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:40 am
Profile WWW
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 2021
Post Re: Gary Con XI
I'm planning to run White Plume Mountain using Dungeon World this year. Would there be interest in me running it with Castles & Crusades on Saturday morning? The adventure is a classic, so I suspect most people have read or played it by now, but maybe folks would be interested.

_________________
tylermo wrote:
Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.


Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:02 pm
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 am
Posts: 438
Location: Bellevue, NE
Post Re: Gary Con XI
Buttmonkey wrote:
I'm planning to run White Plume Mountain using Dungeon World this year. Would there be interest in me running it with Castles & Crusades on Saturday morning? The adventure is a classic, so I suspect most people have read or played it by now, but maybe folks would be interested.
C&C with White Plume Mountain sounds like a good time waiting to happen.

_________________
Imaginatio est Vita


Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:41 am
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 am
Posts: 438
Location: Bellevue, NE
Post Re: Gary Con XI
Ancalagon wrote:
My event submissions for GCXI have been approved.

This time I'm running Castles & Crusades in HârnWorld: Zoanthropic Benediction.

Session 1 is Thursday from 10 AM to 3 PM (that's right, five hours!)
Session 2 is Friday from 7 PM to midnight (or later depending on how things go and if no one else has the table scheduled)

The adventure will accommodate five players. I requested age range of players is 18+ (adult) and that they possess some experience in the specific rules of the game.

My event description is as follows: Winter has come to Hârn. Snow blankets the land as ice forms along the banks of the river Anoth which separates the southern reaches of the fractious kingdom of Orbaal and the tribal lands of Nuthela. The once plentiful game has grown scarce, fish avoid hooks and nets, and the people of your village go hungry. A fortnight ago, at the behest of the Tuathaich, the venerable priestess of your village, your hunting party set out to find food sufficient to hold at bay the threat of starvation for kith and kin. However, as you return to your village, you can see things are not as they were when you departed….

The published event description will be shorter as I was limited to 400 characters including punctuation and spaces.

Anyone not familiar with the HârnWorld setting can find info about it at the Columbia Games website or contact me and I can direct you to some cool videos to watch.
My games are now listed in the Events Schedule.

_________________
Imaginatio est Vita


Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:36 pm
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 2021
Post Re: Gary Con XI
Ancalagon wrote:
Buttmonkey wrote:
I'm planning to run White Plume Mountain using Dungeon World this year. Would there be interest in me running it with Castles & Crusades on Saturday morning? The adventure is a classic, so I suspect most people have read or played it by now, but maybe folks would be interested.
C&C with White Plume Mountain sounds like a good time waiting to happen.

I might still be able to run an off-grid C&C adventure, but Saturday morning is now out for me. The organizers scheduled one of my Dungeon World sessions for 9 am on Saturday.

_________________
tylermo wrote:
Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.


Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:47 pm
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 am
Posts: 438
Location: Bellevue, NE
Post Re: Gary Con XI
Were all gold badge members here able to register for the events they wanted?

I had a few hiccups (communication errors) with the interface but after 3 attempts it worked and I snagged my event tickets.

_________________
Imaginatio est Vita


Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:22 am
Profile
Greater Lore Drake
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 2021
Post Re: Gary Con XI
I'm just a wee silver badge holder, but I saw a Facebook post from someone affiliated with the registration system who said he screwed up the start time and failed to have enough servers ready for the gold badge registration. He's got it straightened out for next week's silver rush.

_________________
tylermo wrote:
Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.


Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:42 pm
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 am
Posts: 438
Location: Bellevue, NE
Post Re: Gary Con XI
Ancalagon wrote:
Ancalagon wrote:
My event submissions for GCXI have been approved.

This time I'm running Castles & Crusades in HârnWorld: Zoanthropic Benediction.

Session 1 is Thursday from 10 AM to 3 PM (that's right, five hours!)
Session 2 is Friday from 7 PM to midnight (or later depending on how things go and if no one else has the table scheduled)

The adventure will accommodate five players. I requested age range of players is 18+ (adult) and that they possess some experience in the specific rules of the game.

My event description is as follows: Winter has come to Hârn. Snow blankets the land as ice forms along the banks of the river Anoth which separates the southern reaches of the fractious kingdom of Orbaal and the tribal lands of Nuthela. The once plentiful game has grown scarce, fish avoid hooks and nets, and the people of your village go hungry. A fortnight ago, at the behest of the Tuathaich, the venerable priestess of your village, your hunting party set out to find food sufficient to hold at bay the threat of starvation for kith and kin. However, as you return to your village, you can see things are not as they were when you departed….

The published event description will be shorter as I was limited to 400 characters including punctuation and spaces.

Anyone not familiar with the HârnWorld setting can find info about it at the Columbia Games website or contact me and I can direct you to some cool videos to watch.
My games are now listed in the Events Schedule.
My Friday game is full up but 3 seats remain for the Thursday 10AM session if anyone is interested in some C&C action.

_________________
Imaginatio est Vita


Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:14 am
Profile
Battle Stag
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am
Posts: 11558
Location: The fairest view in the park, Ohio.
Post Re: Gary Con XI
Damn Anc! I can't make any of those games. I'll be there in spirit though.

~O

_________________
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<


Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Henchman
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:25 pm
Posts: 3
Post Re: Gary Con XI
Hey Ancalagon! I'm locked in on your Thursday session really looking forward to that one.


Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:50 pm
Profile
Ulthal
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:13 am
Posts: 438
Location: Bellevue, NE
Post Re: Gary Con XI
weare138 wrote:
Hey Ancalagon! I'm locked in on your Thursday session really looking forward to that one.
Excellent! Please introduce yourself when you reach the table. I enjoy putting faces with names of forum members. 8-)

_________________
Imaginatio est Vita


Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:32 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.