View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
What are you reading? 
Cleric of Zagyg

Post Re: What are you reading?
Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan.

Hilarious, interesting, fun read ~ if a little over the top. But then, that's mebbe the point of the novel. There are peeps who are ultra rich and in some ways, it's fun to read about their life style.

:P

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:21 am
Henchman

I am reading brawling go manga. This is my favorite manga.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:30 pm
Greater Lore Drake

I recently finished another reread of the Dungeon World rulebook in preparation for a playtest on Saturday of one of my Gary Con events.

I'm working my way through Return of the Lazy Dungeon Master.

I started The Lies of Locke Lamora after hearing good things about it, but I'm not enjoying it so far. I'm about 8% of the way through. I liked the very beginning. The story is starting to drag now that the protagonist is an adult.

I spent the fall and early winter blitzing my way through Ilona Andrews's Kate Daniels series of urban fantasy novels. They were very good except for the sex bits and the protagonist repeatedly talking about the way her boyfriend tastes when she kisses him. Those parts are fortunately few and far between.

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:06 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

Just finished the 2nd book in the trilogy by Kwan ~ China Rich Girlfriend. Fast paced, great writing and fun to read.

8-)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:11 am
Greater Lore Drake

I hate to say that over time I've gotten further and further away from reading a lot and reading for fun. Read for work, read for learning, ready for Sunday school, but not for fun

However, today my mom had eye surgery for cataracts. So, I had some dead time in the waiting room and then at her home after I drove her home.

I used the time wisely, and returned to my first love .... JRRT "The Hobbit"

In the military I probably read it at least once every 3 or 4 years & had read it a few times before going in the military. So I have read it at least 7 or 8 times (maybe more) since picking it up the start of my 7th grade year.

That said, by the 2nd sentence of the book, I was back in Middle Earth, seeing the 'Hobbit Hole' hearing Bilbo "Good Daying" Gandalf ... I devoured it up to the point of the storm on the mountain side and making the choice to hide in the cave ...

Loved it and loved being back in feeling like I felt in 7th grade.

Can't wait till the evening chores and things are done and I can finish the book.

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:09 pm
Henchman

I am reading brawling go manga. This is my favorite manga.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:58 pm
Ungern

Tiamat's Wrath, book 8 in "The Expanse" series by James S.A. Corey. I flew through the first 7 books, 5 short stories, and the comic book, but am taking my time with this one since there are no more books yet. I understand there will be at least one more, but as this one only came out a couple of weeks ago, it won't be soon. The Expanse was also made into a tv show on Syfy, which is where I heard about it. Both book and show are excellent, IMHO.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 457 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16