Aergraith's Sunday C&C: "Heroes and Scoundrels of Xylh"

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Aergraith's Sunday C&C: "Heroes and Scoundrels of Xylh"

Post by Tadhg »

Sorry I missed the game ~ Father's Day got the BEST of me!

Hope y'all had a good session. I'll be trying to be available for next time!

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Great! You have 21 Development Points to spend before then. The rules are on page 95 I think. You can only improve by +5 in a particular ability or skill per game session, but for purposes of this particular expenditure you can pretend you are spending them over 2 sessions.

You are also now an official Investigative Officer for the Nebula Vista Corporation. This is mostly just a title, but it does mean you can get rides all over the federation.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Also, if you didn't catch it you had:

6 days (minus your advance) x (Your Rank 0 pay grade) of pay
plus
8 x your pay grade as a bonus

Look at Discord for information about armor plating and armor on robots (they can't wear it)

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Should be finishing up the mission tonight.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

PM sent!

:P

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Ok, I am sure you will finish this mission tonight.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Hi. Just got back from Indy . . a little tired, but I'll try to hang in there for a couple of hours!

I'll be along in a few minutes!

yetihermit
Mist Elf

Post by yetihermit »

To Rhuvein: I'm sorry for that outburst last night. I have to explain a bit more of the context of this year so you'll understand why it was so sensitive for me. I have a cousin who was restrained and raped by his wife who suffered a psychotic break, and in so doing, began to think delusionally. The police immediately sided against him and put him in jail for months, where he contracted a flesh eating disease in the squalid overcrowded conditions. He has been labeled as "bipolar" or having a "god complex" in the past. Another good friend of mine was in a house fire and suffered a psychotic break when he was trapped in a storm door and almost asphyxiated from smoke (we bipolar people start to think like fiction novels when we are under extreme stress or suffering mental trauma). When the police found him, because he has a history of being labeled bipolar because he sometimes thinks or behaves independent of authority, they immediately blamed him for the fire, he was evicted and incarcerated in a psych ward for 3 months, was then homeless for 6 months, only to finally find a room mate by the grace of God. My mother suffered a break in 2015 due to extreme frustration with aspects of her relationship with my father, and those tensions have been coming up with other difficulties we have been facing financially and with physical health. I didn't mean to get all in your face about it, but I have been patronized and marginalized the moment I begin to show signs of independent thought or action over and over since 2015, after many years of "remission" when I consciously decided to eliminate as much of the stress from my life as I could, and eventually applied for a disability pension. I know in the US a recurring condition like bipolar is basically bankruptcy, and I really feel for people in countries without public healthcare who suffer from these conditions. They are not pathological for the most part, especially nascently. Usually it's just a matter of having a little more sensitivity in one or more senses that can create a feeling of discorporation or surrealness if the processing time of the senses gets out of sync. They can start to spin. Anyway, I wanted to offer my apologies to you for that. I didn't mean to make your night any more stressful than it already might have been, but I was primed for a reaction from the stresses I was undergoing. Again, apologies.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Apology accepted. Thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear about these troubles, I hope everything gets better for you.

Rhu.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

My wife is leaving for Lithuania Sunday night. Not sure if I'll get back from the airport for the game, but I'll try.

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

ooooh! Bon voyage to her. Hope you can make it.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Penny-Whistle wrote:ooooh! Bon voyage to her. Hope you can make it.
Thanks for the BV. So far, so good.

Sorry I didn't make the game. Did y'all finish it? And what's next?

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

We didn't end up playing. I was planning another session of FrontierSpace, but open to other ideas.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Aergraith wrote:We didn't end up playing. I was planning another session of FrontierSpace, but open to other ideas.
Thunderrift! ;)

Or if you wish to take a break, I can run something.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Aww, shoot!

Another SORRY!

Bear vs. Packers on Sunday Night Football!

Mack vs. Rodgers!

Vegas has the Pack @ 7-0 favs. F that!

Go Bears!!!

Scitzz
Hlobane Orc

Post by Scitzz »

Rhuvein wrote:Aww, shoot!

Another SORRY!

Mack vs. Rodgers!

Go Bears!!!

You should have played :D

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Scitzz wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:Aww, shoot!

Another SORRY!

Mack vs. Rodgers!

Go Bears!!!

You should have played :D
For sure!

It was a great game . . well until the Bears decided that they didn't want to win.

No worries, I'll not miss another Sunday gaming for the Bears unless it's a Superbowl Game!

See y'all next time!

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Should be on for gaming tonight.

Scitzz
Hlobane Orc

Post by Scitzz »

I'll be here! I'm welding right next to my gaming setup today, wash hands, sign in, play!

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I'll be there!

8-)

Scitzz
Hlobane Orc

Post by Scitzz »

Session on 9/23/2018 "Giskard gets ionized!

Back inside the Proxima Ascendant tonight.

(Lost a bunch of notes)

A large crystal covered snail creature scratches its way down the corridor towards us. It comes to a stop near us, and Liz Norton fires a blast into it. Sidewider studies it with her life science skills. She has heard of these things, being kept in better zoos. It is called a Shell maw. They get in corridors and roll over their prey abrading them and crushing them to a pulp they can slurp up. It can bite and crush by rolling. She pokes it with her pole arm.

Murdock steps around the corner, and blasts 5 shells from his auto pistol into the Shell Maw, dealing out 27 points of damage.

Giskard brings some pain, as does Liz and Sidewinder, although Murdock heroically stands in place ready to dodge. Then the Shell Maw rolls over Sidewinder and Liz! Giskard manages to dodge out of the way, then Murdock deals out 10 bullets, hitting with 5. He then takes cover behind an elevator, well out of sight.IT bites at Sidewinder, but she dances to the side, and stabs it with her polearm before dashing close to Murdock.

Then Liz attacks wildly, flaily wildy with her vibro axes, looking like a blender, until she scores a couple of strikes, but then slips on the slime oozing from the wounds of the Shellmaw, landing on her back!

Giskard fires a couple rounds from his rifle, scoring on his second shot. Killing it!

Sidewinder is beginning to feel a little sick. The other 3 make their way straight to sick bay to see if Sidewinder can get some aid, and Liz tries to access log books. He finds logs from a few days ago, but just regular entries, nothing of note.

Murdock seeks loot, errr, clues in crew quarters, seeking also survivors, and prepared for traps. Sidewinder is panicking and runs for our ship. First door looks like Captains quarters, a human female captain, there are pics of her and her family and friends. Theres a terminal in here. There are 2 bodies in the room. They look like they stabbed each other, holding knives, blood covering much of the floor. They are wearing patches on their outfits that says raging rascals. Murdock has heard of them! They are a Mecenary team. Kind of troubleshooters. Usually fairly effective.

Liz tries to check the terminal. She finds information about the cargo, it is top secret research material. There are bots guarding the cargo bay. There is an ionizing radiation chamber the doctor needed.

Murdock locates an intercom and pages the ship for survivors, and hears his voice echoing through the ship. There is no response. He finds a full clip for his auto pistol and loads one up. Sidewinder rejoins us, still feeling bad.

We head down to the cargo deck. Sidewinder opens the door to the cargo bay. There are 3 dead bodies on the fllor, looks ike a battle. It doesn't look like it was fought in the normal way, more like prison rush, holes all over the walls, no discipline to shits, and bodies looked like they hacked on each other. One is wearing crew uniform, a ship security officer. The other 2 are more mercenaries. We check their packs. Murdock scavenges a few bullets.

Then we pass through the airlock. There are many cargo containers, a chamber near the back, and dead bodies strewn around. There are four cybogen bots that fire on us immediately. Sidewinder runs right up to one and stabs at it, but it moves. Liz goes into blender mode on another! In a whirlwind of axes, she chops one to bits. Then sneaks into cover. This does no good, as she takes fire from one robot. She is severely damaged.

Sidewinder takes fire from almost point blank range, She tries to dodge but fails miserably, hitting her head on the barrel, and slips around on the floor.

Murdock tries diplomacy. It works! They lower weapons and tell us to leave the cargo bay, they give no extra info though. They do point to one body as the one who activated, then they killed because he was in the cargo room.

Sidewinder bolts for a one of the exoskeleton cargo loaders. Then climbs in, this triggers the bots to open fire again.

"Surrender to the blender" Liz cries, and charges into another bot. He damages it but it retaliates. She takes heavy damage and sparks begin shooting out of her. Another opens fire on Giskard, and he takes a lot of damage, before he runs for the ionizing chamber, gets inside and some green light comes on. The door is locked on him. Murdock tosses an entanglement grenade at the one closest to him before ducking back into cover. It is encumbered in strands, and Giskard begins taking damage from the ionizing chamber. He tries to break free, and he manages to get outside.

Session ends.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Excellente!

So, does the ionization beef up all Giskards skills and abilities? And can he now turn invisible and fly?

I thought this must be the case.

Thanks!

[Sorry for fading away and crashing the other night! My meds must be working!! :-D

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Leaving for Indiana, not sure if I'll be back in time for the game.

R. :)

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

Hey Ross

I am making up a one off for those weekends when my usual dm needs to cancel. Sunday 7:00 central opposite Gabe's game. There would be very little notice unfortunately but when the stars line up right you would be welcome to join. C&C. rules. No knights or paladins but the other classes are fine. If you want to invent something new that fits the setting I'm probably open to the idea. Your enemies are humans so this might not be your cuppa at all but we do love gaming with you.

The scenario:

Everyone is a goblin. Not negotiable. You are a ragtag group that just found a safe haven from the humans who have been persecuting you.
Your intel suggests you have about a week to fortify your position. You will need to set traps and go on raids for provisions. At the same time, it would be wise to keep a low profile to avoid leading your enemies back to your den.

Your assets:

A defensible fortress inhabited by a mystic mole and Grimlock who have agreed to help you
Your leader is Zorro, defender of goblins
4 welplings who have completed some fighter training including shield wall. They are injured and not as high a level as player characters.
One of the whelplings, Pennington, is a worg rider.

Problems;
You have sick goblins who require tending
You are out of food. The only source of water is the mystic mole.
You know the humans are gunning for you.

Race Characteristics:
Goblins are wary, wily creatures. Small bands still exist but generally they have been hunted to near extinction.
Traits and Abilities: Dark Vision 60 feet; Enhanced sense of smell; +2 to setting, disarming, detecting traps; -1 to hit in sunlight
Language: Common, Goblin, Orc (Speaking Common is not politically correct and generally avoided).
Movement 30
Attribute Modifiers: +1 Int +1 Dex -2 Cha

Goblin Perks

Coward's Advantage: Goblins inflict double damage when attacking a surprised foe, a target who is unaware of the attack, or a victim who is prone or unable to defend themselves (such as being bound or restrained).

Play Dead: Any time a goblin suffers damage in battle they can choose to fall over and pretend to be slain. Anyone observing this must make a saving throw or they will believe the goblin is dead until he moves or takes action.

Character Creation:

4d drop the lowest. Level 2 characters. Full hit points at 1st, roll for second. Full coin allowance for your class.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I'm in.

It looks like it will be fun and interesting!!

Edit: [Thanks for the invite and yes, love gaming with you and Aergraith!]

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Female shaman ~ Clodilla Wartface!

Chaotic good. Follows Maglubiyet (Greater god) and Khurgorbaeyag (lesser) ~ from the AD&D 2nd E Monster Mythology book.

STR 9
DEX 16 (+2) Prime
CON 10
INT 9
WIS 13 (+1) Prime
CHA 9

HPs 14

AC 18

Coat of plates (+5)
Morningstar 2D4
War hammer 1D8
Dagger 1D4
Small steel shield (+1)

Spells:

Detect alignment
Detect poison
Endure elements
First aid

Cure light wounds
Bless
Shield of Faith

Equipment:

backpack
bedroll
bandages X 4
blanket
fishing gear
holy symbol (wood)
marbles
flask (containing 4 jiggers of fire amber bourbon)
flask of oi
flint & steel
waterskin
wineskin (filled)
flask of holy water
cloak
diggery do
small animal trap
silk rope
10 ft. pole
small sack

Larry's Stats
Roll 3d10 for HP
AC14,
MV 60.
Tusk attack 1d4+2
bite for 1d4 points of damage

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Do we need to purchase mounts?

I'm thinking a razorback or warthog (per PH donkey costs) would be interesting and enjoyable!!! :lol:

Otherwise, I'll just use the golf cart that Clodilla was gifted from her uncle Tiger Wartface.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Larry!
Attachments
Larry.jpg
Larry.jpg (186 KiB) Viewed 14770 times

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

You won't need mounts but I realize they are nice flavour. Since you went to the trouble of finding a picture Clodilla can have one. You will need to deduct 150 gold and you will have to provide food, water and bedding to make sure it will be happy and healthy. Larry will be equivalent to a light warhorse.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Penny-Whistle wrote:You won't need mounts but I realize they are nice flavour. Since you went to the trouble of finding a picture Clodilla can have one. You will need to deduct 150 gold and you will have to provide food, water and bedding to make sure it will be happy and healthy. Larry will be equivalent to a light warhorse.
:lol:

Very nice! A polite yet hilarious CK response to an outrageously ridiculous player request!!

With 200 starting gold, Clodilla would have to ride Larry naked and without any weapons or armor (as Clod would like to provide a saddle, bridle, and blanket - in addition to what you mentioned!)

;)