Hello, all: my introduction

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
GeorgeFields
Skobbit

Hello, all: my introduction

Post by GeorgeFields »

I'm not really new here as I joined over 6 years ago, but this is my first post.
I've only played C&C a few times, but it's a game I'd love to use for a long term campaign.

I started D&D with the Holmes box set back in '79/'80. My first sets were the Moldvay B/X sets.
It wasn't long, and I was running B/X for one set of friends and playing AD&D1e with another set.
When my B/X group split, I was running & playing AD&D1e exclusively.
I moved to AD&D2e and D&D3e as they were released. I had a few TLG d20 products back then.

When D&D4e came out, I moved on from D&D altogether and switched to HackMaster Basic. HackMaster remains my game of choice these days, but C&C looks to good to ignore.

I'm a GM much more often than I'm a player, but I'm happy with that. I've had a few articles and adventures published, nothing major; but it's something I'd always dreamed of as a kid.

Over the past few years, I've become friendly acquaintances with the Trolls (mainly Stephen & Tim - and Tyler); and they keep making me give them money. I met Davis for the first time at GaryCon this year.

My new group of three players decided they want to try D&D5e instead of C&C. Their funerals are in a few days...I mean, I acquiesced for now but hope to get them switched to C&C in the future.

Hello, my name is George; and I love RPGs.

Omote
Battle Stag

Re: Hello, all: my introduction

Post by Omote »

Welcome to the crusade.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Hi George! Pretty sure we played HM Basic and Aces and Eights together. On line and maybe at Gary Con 4 or 5 years back.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

GeorgeFields
Skobbit

Post by GeorgeFields »

Treebore wrote:Hi George! Pretty sure we played HM Basic and Aces and Eights together. On line and maybe at Gary Con 4 or 5 years back.
I'm pretty sure we haven't; but I do recall watching you run A&8s at GaryCon one year, so we have met face to face. You had hit up Wal-Mart for some plastic cows and horses.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Welcome to the Forums, George. I look forward to seeing you again at Gary Con in March.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

GeorgeFields
Skobbit

Post by GeorgeFields »

Buttmonkey wrote:Welcome to the Forums, George. I look forward to seeing you again at Gary Con in March.
You have me at a disadvantage as I'm not familiar with the screen name.
And at this time, the wife and I are planning to be there. :)

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

GeorgeFields wrote:
Treebore wrote:Hi George! Pretty sure we played HM Basic and Aces and Eights together. On line and maybe at Gary Con 4 or 5 years back.
I'm pretty sure we haven't; but I do recall watching you run A&8s at GaryCon one year, so we have met face to face. You had hit up Wal-Mart for some plastic cows and horses.

Yeah, that was me at Gary Con. So you didn't play online with all the Kenzer forum members when just HM Basic was out?
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

GeorgeFields
Skobbit

Post by GeorgeFields »

Treebore wrote:So you didn't play online with all the Kenzer forum members when just HM Basic was out?
No, I didn't start any online play until a few years ago; but I'm currently not doing anything online.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

GeorgeFields wrote:
Treebore wrote:So you didn't play online with all the Kenzer forum members when just HM Basic was out?
No, I didn't start any online play until a few years ago; but I'm currently not doing anything online.
I guess its just your frequent posting on Kenzer that made you seem so familiar, then. I haven't been posting much in recent years. In the last few years I've only ran an Aces and Eights game for a few months. Just waiting to get the 2E book in my hands lately.

GeorgeFields
Skobbit

Post by GeorgeFields »

Treebore wrote:I guess its just your frequent posting on Kenzer that made you seem so familiar, then. I haven't been posting much in recent years. In the last few years I've only ran an Aces and Eights game for a few months. Just waiting to get the 2E book in my hands lately.
Yes, I'm on there every day.

T1Hound
Hlobane Orc

Post by T1Hound »

George!
It’s me, George!
Glad you’re posting. Will we be seeing you at one one GameHole or GaryCon?

GeorgeFields
Skobbit

Post by GeorgeFields »

T1Hound wrote:George!
It’s me, George!
Glad you’re posting. Will we be seeing you at one one GameHole or GaryCon?
GameHole is unlikely but not completely out of the question.
The wife & I are planning on GaryCon.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Hi.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Welcome George.. great to have you back... I too am trying to bring folks into CnC soon... time will tell.

We NEED writers for the Domesday Books.. we'll take just about whatever you want to publish.. check them out at the Knights of the Crusade site.. the other TLG site.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Hi George,

Welcome to the forum!

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Welcome to the monkeyhouse, George.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

GeorgeFields
Skobbit

Post by GeorgeFields »

I'm curious how many people here I actually know but don't know their forum names.
Buttmonkey is one. We've met a few times and gamed together at GaryCon in the past. And Treebore.
I'm sure there are others.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I'm a yearly GaryCon attendee, but I am not sure if we met. I go by the terrestrial name Derrick, and pretty much only play C&C and OSR games while at the con. I sometimes wear a sombrero... at GaryCon. If I have played a game with you, great to see you again. If I haven't (the rainbow glasses kind of throw me), then we should chuck die together soon!

Onward towards adventure!

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<