Origins... who's going?

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Origins... who's going?

Post by Captain_K »

I hope to run some games and play in some Origins games.. I hope to get some trolls to show too.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

T1Hound
Hlobane Orc

Re: Origins... who's going?

Post by T1Hound »

With 2-3 conventions within 3 hour drives and GaryCon / GameHole con, I've spent my luck points with the wife.

I have not been to Origins in years and was earlier considering this.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

One day, just not this year.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

Post by Jyrdan Fairblade »

I am going. Looking forward to seeing the events schedule. Thinking about finally trying out True Dungeon this year, since it's Kingkiller Chronicles-themed.

Last year I ended up writing a C&C adventure and running it on the spot when the planned CK no-showed. It was a blast, and probably not a feat I could’ve easily accomplished in any other system.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I want to come down for at least one day, but the lack of hotel space is a problem. I would definitely play in a TrueDungeon event if I could.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I would like to but the odds are about my age to 0.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

How did I miss your game at Origins last year? Damn.. I too had to run two CnC games when the CK was a no show.. watch for me this year.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

Post by Jyrdan Fairblade »

Assuming this refers to me, after realizing that the CK was a no-show, it was a “hey, if you guys still want to play, my brother can teach you the rules and I’ll come up with something I can run” moment. I'm guessing it was the same CK that you had to shoulder the burden for.

I’ll keep an eye open!
Captain_K wrote:How did I miss your game at Origins last year? Damn.. I too had to run two CnC games when the CK was a no show.. watch for me this year.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

I attended Origins in 2010 and 2011 then hit Gen Con in 2012 - 2014 and Gary Con ever since. Wouldn't mind hitting Origins again one of these days but Gary Con just has so much Old School goodness compared to every other con that i don't know when it would happen.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

We should try to coordinate running games on Fri and Sat. I'm trying to talk some of the Trolls into coming on a social manner I do not think they will do a booth.

The date to sign up to run is early April.

I'm going to run "Three Faces of Evil", its a four hour to six hour game. For 4-5th lvl 6-8 players. Simple enough for beginners. I was going to run it once each day. I'm going to run it ideal for new to CnC players with seasoned players mixed in with give aways of CnC stuff and low cost books. Kind of a play it before you buy it cheap. Sales idea... much more fun for the Trolls than standing in a booth. How better to sell the game.

We will likely go down Thur night and head home Sunday.

Thoughts?

Caladbolg
Skobbit

Post by Caladbolg »

I will be there Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I'm all in for any C&C game. Let's figure out a day and time. :)
An accountant who doesn't play by the rules. :)

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Likely I will run a 4-6 hour game on Friday and Saturday. Hope other will run games too!

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Whomever is going to run a game please email or pm me so that we can attempt to coordinate times and not be assigned an overlapping time slot. I'm going to run 4 hours or 5 at most and the other at 5 or 6. Same game, two times, trying to get a feel for how long it really takes, 4 hours is a bit to short for most folks, but I think 6 hours is too long.

We have to sign up in a matter of days (April 4th or so).

Caladbolg
Skobbit

Post by Caladbolg »

I think the event submission deadline has passed at Origins. If there are no official TLG events, is anyone going to do an *unofficial* game? I'd be down for that as well.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

I just realized April 2 was the end of submissions, not the start.. :oops: so, I just pleaded my case to run a game with the admin folks. I'm still shooting for official games. If not I will run unofficial games 8-)

Can't believe I blew that!

I've got no news on Trolls coming for fun, but I hear nothing official.

Anyway, those going should see what we can do about some gaming.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

There is one CnC game. #4963 "Day Job for the Dark One".

Who's running it? We cannot seem to sign up to play.

Plus I have great stuff for whomever is running the game.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

So who's going and what day? We're driving through Cleveland Thursday night I think for Friday through Sunday am gaming.

T1Hound
Hlobane Orc

Post by T1Hound »

I haven't been to Origins in 17-18 years. I would love to make it out but I don't think the dice are with me.
I've gone to GaryCon and will be going to Gamehole later this year.
Finance wise - I think the wife would be happy with me not going.
One must pick battles carefully. ;)

Caladbolg
Skobbit

Post by Caladbolg »

Well, the evil demon known as Budget has struck me. :) I hope to still go to Origins, but if I do, I will only be there Saturday (all day) and Sunday morning. Any word on any TLG games to be played there?

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

If someone does go, would you do me a favor?

Please stop by both C150 (Steve Jackson Games' dedicated game room) and booth 935 (Adventure Retail) and grab any Munchkin promos (preferably not the collectible card game [CCG]) they have. There should also be a "card machine" at one of the places and get some of the cards out of it -- I think they're usually ¢50 ($.5) each.

I'm willing to pay you for the effort and, if you find the card machine, $10 for that (so if they are half a dollar each, that's 20 cards) and of course shipping.

Thanks.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

I'm going. I'm going to run "Three Faces of Evil"... I need players and spread the word of mouth as this game did not get registered officially. That said, I'm also looking for NEW players to CnC so if you have friends or those with you or just met that want to try CnC that is the purpose of the game. Plus there is one registered CnC game too. Saturday, 1 pm, "Day Job for the Dark One". I will have PH (new) for new players to borrow and ideally buy if they like the game for just $10! Plus prozes and give aways.. so spread the word, again, ideally for some CnC players who know the game but largely to introduce the game to new folks.

I will be there Fri - Sun. Hope to see you at the tables.. I think none of the Trolls are going this year.

Caladbolg
Skobbit

Post by Caladbolg »

I'm going to defiantly be there on Saturday (all day) and Sunday morning. I tried to register for the 1PM game, but I couldn't even find it in the system. I guess it was sold out, so I am playing something else in that time slot.
Captain_K wrote:I'm going. I'm going to run "Three Faces of Evil"... I need players and spread the word of mouth as this game did not get registered officially.
When are you running this? If it is Saturday after 5 or so, can I join in?

T1Hound
Hlobane Orc

Post by T1Hound »

capt k - we can place this up on the C&C page

Can you provide a small schedule? Location, times, etc.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

serleran... please send me a bit more detail Munkins the card game? I'd be happy to help.

Caladbolg.. love to have you, seat at the table saved. Did you sign up for the official CnC game being run?

TIHound and others.. as I am unofficial.. I'm hoping to see when others are playing and work around their schedules.. but as I hear from few.. I should be able to pick them soon and let you know and get the word and time out.. not sure where I'll be allowed to set up a game "off the grid".

Celticgamer
Hlobane Orc

Post by Celticgamer »

For everyone going to Origins, please cast your votes for two of our Codices that are nominated for awards this year! That is right, both the 'Codex Germania' and 'Codex Slavorum' are up for awards in the 'Best RPG Supplement' Category this year. There will be a voting booth there for all Con-Goers to put in their vote early in the weekend.

Thanks!

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Who is it that is running the 1-5 pm on Sat game, "Day Job for the Dark One"? I want to try to run a game right after your game (same table ideally).. please reply.

Caladbolg, I'm shooting for starting right after the above game. You in this one too?

T1Hound
Hlobane Orc

Post by T1Hound »

Captain_K wrote:Who is it that is running the 1-5 pm on Sat game, "Day Job for the Dark One"? I want to try to run a game right after your game (same table ideally).. please reply.

Caladbolg, I'm shooting for starting right after the above game. You in this one too?
can you give more info on where it would be?
will you be running any other events?

Caladbolg
Skobbit

Post by Caladbolg »

Captain_K wrote:Who is it that is running the 1-5 pm on Sat game, "Day Job for the Dark One"? I want to try to run a game right after your game (same table ideally).. please reply.

Unfortunately, no. I am signed up for a different game in that time slot.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

OK, When are you free for say 5 hours Friday (anytime) or Sat not 1-5 pm? Also, PM me so we can exchange contact info..

Captn K

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

OK, Look for me. 5'11" tall, 50 years old, red hair.. easy to spot, especially with my 6'9" tall fellow gamer.. look for us say hello email me at [email protected] so we can find each other to game Friday and Saturday!