Castles & Crusades What's Next

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
narpet
Red Cap

Re: Castles & Crusades What's Next

Post by narpet »

Great info... and a lot of good stuff coming. For me:
Troll Lord wrote: 2) Adventurers Backpack. I've gotten a large working outline on this and some of the classes made their appearance in Black Box. But the outline needs updated and the classes need thoroughly revised. But when done this book will serve as the Unearthed Arcana of Castles & Crusades. At least I hope it does. With luck and no explosions I will be deep into this by Spring and it will be ready by Fall.

3) Planescape (untitled). This book covers all the planes, from Valhalla to the Ethereal. At first we wrote it for Aihrde, then backed off that, but with the return of Aihrde we are going to include a great deal of Aihrde mythology in it. You'll be able to use it without Aihrde of course.

Steve
These two, for the win! Yes. I can't wait for the Adventurers backpack... and Planescape would be amazing.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

I have access to photo at least 100 different Chinese weapons, some very old.

Any book you make I much prefer non-glossy pages. Black and white print is just fine with me. Look into high cotton content paper, its lighter and has a great feel. Possibly all this just for the special edition leather bond ones.. your kick starter could allow for book to be purchased in one of three way, pdf, lowest cost hard cover and high end hard cover.. you kind of do this now but as a reward for lots of money.. lower the level to cover just the book itself.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Fizz
Lore Drake

Post by Fizz »

I think an Oriental Adventures and Adventurer's Backpack would be at the top of my list. I tend to like new options (abilities, classes, spells, etc), and so those both appeal to me.

Though there are certainly more regions in the world than just Europe and Asia. What about other types of regional books? An Arabian Adventures, for example?

I can certainly see Planescape having a lot of appeal, though it is probably farther down my list just because of the settings i tend to play in.

-Fizz

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Compleat Genome.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Troll Lord, what's happening with #1 on your list, the Tome of the Unclean? We know #2, the Adventurers Backpack is in process, but it's been well over a year since there's been an update on our (well mine anyway...) evil denizens.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

maximus wrote:Troll Lord, what's happening with #1 on your list, the Tome of the Unclean? We know #2, the Adventurers Backpack is in process, but it's been well over a year since there's been an update on our (well mine anyway...) evil denizens.

I know they gave printed "previews" of it in one of their recent KS'. Saw pics of it in the G+ community.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Just saw Steve posting about Tome of the Unclean on Facebook. Apparently they have it ready for distribution, but Steve wasn't being very clear about anything. Frikkin Trolls! They don't need to act like everything is covered in mud!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Treebore wrote:Just saw Steve posting about Tome of the Unclean on Facebook. Apparently they have it ready for distribution, but Steve wasn't being very clear about anything. Frikkin Trolls! They don't need to act like everything is covered in mud!
Interesting... why wouldn't they post something about it here? Or send out an update via email? I get emails about everything else from them.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I have a copy of the printed version of the Tome of the Unclean. It's definitely pretty cool looking, but needs more entries in my opinion. Also, it definitely needs to have an expanded treatment to get the hardcover book option going. I definitely like the author's take on many of these iconic baddies, and even most of the new Troll Inspired baddies. Looking forward to more of this book Trolls, if they are listening.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

spudeus
Ungern

Post by spudeus »

Now that I have many of the C&C 'core' books, I keep thinking a big, thick, consolidated 'Monster Tome' would be nice (and could incorporate the Unclean). In color, with fan submissions and some new art, the kind of thing that seems to do well on Kickstarter. . .

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

spudeus wrote:Now that I have many of the C&C 'core' books, I keep thinking a big, thick, consolidated 'Monster Tome' would be nice (and could incorporate the Unclean). In color, with fan submissions and some new art, the kind of thing that seems to do well on Kickstarter. . .

I would not mind having them all in one cover... fully merged/combined and not kept broken up. Including the Of Gods and Monsters material.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Omote wrote:I have a copy of the printed version of the Tome of the Unclean. It's definitely pretty cool looking, but needs more entries in my opinion. Also, it definitely needs to have an expanded treatment to get the hardcover book option going. I definitely like the author's take on many of these iconic baddies, and even most of the new Troll Inspired baddies. Looking forward to more of this book Trolls, if they are listening.

~O
Did they beef them up or do they still have soccer arms?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

maximus wrote:
Omote wrote:I have a copy of the printed version of the Tome of the Unclean. It's definitely pretty cool looking, but needs more entries in my opinion. Also, it definitely needs to have an expanded treatment to get the hardcover book option going. I definitely like the author's take on many of these iconic baddies, and even most of the new Troll Inspired baddies. Looking forward to more of this book Trolls, if they are listening.

~O
Did they beef them up or do they still have soccer arms?
Steve showed the Pit Fiend? Or maybe it was supposed to be a Balor demon? Anyways, it was by Walton, and he mentioned how it needs to be in color. I suppose I could just hit Steve over the head and make him give specific plans rather than let him give these disjointed drips and dabs, etc...

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Seems he did answer such a question:

"We have a bit more to go. I want to include a few more demons...its seems shy of those, as well as a random demon generator. After that I want to do a treatment of adventuring/traveling in hell and the abyss and outline the roles of devils in hell. I'm guessing another 20 pages or so."

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

What's next, Issue IX of The Domesday Book.. just got the edits from Mike, hope to get the last bits in there and get this thing issued on KoC.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Captain_K wrote:What's next, Issue IX of The Domesday Book.. just got the edits from Mike, hope to get the last bits in there and get this thing issued on KoC.
Oh crap! I'm sorry.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Just got an email update on the Adventurer's Backpack. Also included was a plug for... Tome of the Unclean. Only problem is they are going to Kickstart it. Ugh... I already have the pdfs from the old version and was looking forward to just getting an update from DrivethruRPG. Not sure I want to back this without knowing significant changes were made.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

maximus wrote:Just got an email update on the Adventurer's Backpack. Also included was a plug for... Tome of the Unclean. Only problem is they are going to Kickstart it. Ugh... I already have the pdfs from the old version and was looking forward to just getting an update from DrivethruRPG. Not sure I want to back this without knowing significant changes were made.

I know he posted he wanted to expand it a good bit, because right now they don't have enough of a page count to justify a hard cover. So they are going to create a lot more content to get it to the needed page count. Obviously their writer quit before he converted much of the old material to C&C. That or I am seriously mis remembering how many demon, devils, daemons and similar were created in other editions of D&D.

Mordekai82
Mist Elf

Post by Mordekai82 »

1) Have you ever thought about a supplement containing adventures for one player, with no GM? Some kind of Choose your own adventure, with C&C tropes. Roll your own character and start right out of the box!

2) It would be great to see some Codex for Egyptian, Mesopotamic or Levantine civilizations!

M.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Mordekai82 wrote:2) It would be great to see some Codex for Egyptian, Mesopotamic or Levantine civilizations!

M.
I believe these are coming at some point.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Anyone have an update on the Tome of the Unclean?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

maximus wrote:Anyone have an update on the Tome of the Unclean?
No, but I will have one by the end of Gary Con.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Steve estimates about 2 more weeks of work on the back pack, then being able to go full out on wrapping up Tome of the Unclean.

Mediapig71
Skobbit

Post by Mediapig71 »

I would LOVE to see a Code Asia book.

BUT, one pet peeve of mine is I always hate it when systems make Ninaj's and Samurai their own unique class... to me, it always seemed liek these were just examples of Rogue / Assassins (for he Ninja) and Fighter / knight (for the samurai). It never made any sense to me for every possible variation of these things to get their own classes. but Asian flavored magic, monsters, artifacts, honor systems, locales... etc. YES PLEASE!

Would buy that in a heartbeat!

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Treebore wrote:
Steve estimates about 2 more weeks of work on the back pack, then being able to go full out on wrapping up Tome of the Unclean.
Well that's not going exactly as planned...

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Mediapig71 wrote:I would LOVE to see a Code Asia book.

BUT, one pet peeve of mine is I always hate it when systems make Ninaj's and Samurai their own unique class... to me, it always seemed liek these were just examples of Rogue / Assassins (for he Ninja) and Fighter / knight (for the samurai). It never made any sense to me for every possible variation of these things to get their own classes. but Asian flavored magic, monsters, artifacts, honor systems, locales... etc. YES PLEASE!

Would buy that in a heartbeat!
The Ninja is probably closest to the Assassin and the Samurai the knight. The reason for them being individual classes is due to the widely different skill sets involved, including several that the western cultures never developed if I remember my reading correctly. But it looks like there won't be just one book, but three focusing on different parts of the orient-southeast asia according to a FB group comment made. :D So coolness across the board there.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I'm hoping to get a Rings of Brass.

Actually, I would also like a racial codex. I'm thinking not like a Complete Book of Dung, but more like something awesome...

The Dwarf Codex.

The Codex of Gnomes.

Or, combine a few and get something like The Codex Underground.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

serleran wrote:I'm hoping to get a Rings of Brass.

Actually, I would also like a racial codex. I'm thinking not like a Complete Book of Dung, but more like something awesome...

The Dwarf Codex.

The Codex of Gnomes.

Or, combine a few and get something like The Codex Underground.
That would be fan-effing-tastic.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Gary Con, is that the place to meet and greet every one? Going for sure next year. How can I sign up now for a game with all you folks?

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

GaryCon games wont go up for signup until late January 2019/February 2019. The call for games hasn't even started yet. August/Sept 2018 maybe? Every GaryCon I get to play with at least a few C&C players from these message boards and others.

Other than that, if you host a [OFF GRID] game on the Wednesday before the con officially starts, or a late night game during the Thursday, Friday, or Saturday of the con you can get a lot of C&C regulars.

Signups for games at GaryCon usually go pretty quick if you are a SILVER level attendee (which 90+% are). You wont get all of your games, but hopefully you get into a few of the ones you really want.

Also, GaryCon is growing every year. Get in on the action now before it turns into a bigger convention.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<