Pugmire?

TLG d20, Necromancer Games and general. Discuss any game not covered in another forum.
serleran
Mogrl

Pugmire?

Post by serleran »

Anyone bought Pugmire?

Seems to be a post-apocalypse world where the players take on the roles of dogs (maybe other animals) but humans are gone. I wanted to do a world like this before so I want to pick it up but was curious how it played. I think it's somewhat like 5e but not too sure.

I think I'll get it anyway.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Pugmire?

Post by alcyone »

Haven't played it but whenever I see a game with anthropomorphic animals, I wonder, if they all act like humans, what's the reason for making them animals?
I guess if their canine nature comes through in the setting and changes it significantly it justifies it. I looked at the kickstarter video and it did seem sort of interesting.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Incidentally, I have the same grumpy idea about demihumans. Elves that are humans with pointy ears are boring. Elves like Crow from Hawk the Slayer that are creepy, taciturn, staring weirdos with strange voices that can shoot 20 arrows a second are badass.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Aergraith wrote:Haven't played it but whenever I see a game with anthropomorphic animals, I wonder, if they all act like humans, what's the reason for making them animals?
I guess if their canine nature comes through in the setting and changes it significantly it justifies it. I looked at the kickstarter video and it did seem sort of interesting.

I don't know much but, as I understand it:

1) Humans are gone, dead. They left behind the "Law of Man" or "Law of the Old Ones" which the dogs try to live up to, like being "good" or loyal or protecting.

2) Breed and background are important. Being a doberman gives you different things than being a chihuahua. Also, if a "free dog" and not some other kind, that changes stuff.

3) Dog traits come in. One thing is that there are invisible demons (or whatever; I'm not sure how this works) and dogs can sense them, barking and such. This is actually part of the inspiration for the world... the designer wanted to explain why his puppy kept woofing at stuff he couldn't see.

4) Cats are some sort of evil empire.

Some cliche there but I figure that it might make a good foundation for a long-wanted Thundercats game. Just would have to change a few things, possibly.

Parts of it sound interesting. Some of it seems meh. Hence, asking if anyone has more experience. Seems it was a KS project.