Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications

Discussion of the pulp roleplaying system, including hard-boiled detectives, fedora-wearing action heroes, and steampunk gadgeteers rocketing to battle.
kreider204
Unkbartig

Re: Amazing Adventures Errata and Clarifications

Post by kreider204 »

The Grey Elf wrote:Updated thread with final errata for the Gen Con 2012 pre-release version, all PDF versions, and final first print softcover. See PDF download link.
I just redownloaded my PDF from DTRPG, and I'm still seeing some of those errata. Has that PDF not been updated yet?

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

What with the second printing out now, I don't know that they're going to do any more work on the first print.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Okay, folks, the second print debuted at Gen Con, and we've begun collecting errata. So far there are only two for the core book, and these are as always in the first post of the thread. As more are found, you know where they will be!

azcromntic
Ungern

Post by azcromntic »

I received my AA books and started a game here at home: The heart of Yhitll in the core book. So far the kids and I love it. We have many ideas on tailoring the game to be more futuristic (we also found the Science Fiction section in the revised rule book for lasers and such). Anyway...I also purchased the module Day of the Worm and have been reading it so as to continue what we started. It appears there are many typos in this module.

Page 3 second paragraph of Act One: "...they are a loosely-connectedloosely connected network..."
Page 6 paragraph 5 of Down The Rabbit Hole: "...side (Amazing Adventures, p.[?])..." which page is that?
Page 6 paragraph 11 of Down The Rabbit Hole: "...If the group askgroup asks..." and then "...machine might lielay..."
Page 7 paragraph 6 of Off To Egypt!: "...in the form of communiquescommuniques..."
Page 8 paragraph 1 of The Valley Of Kings: "...wrong place. The stehlessteles ...."
Page 9 second item in list on left: "...(Sthough see the passage..."
page 10 second paragraph of The Burial Chamber: "...remain pristenepristine..."
page 11 second paragraph of Running The Battle: starts out with "AsSo long..."
map on page 5 does not have three corridors and is somewhat difficult to understand based on the description on page 8

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Thanks! I've actually now included these in the top post, along with a link to more accurate maps.

pawndream
Red Cap

Post by pawndream »

Amazing Adventures (2nd printing)

Top of page 49, second column of text "modern aumages..." I am assuming this should be modern homage...

The weapon table on page 55 has a minor typo as well "reciever", instead of "receiver".

I'll post others as I come across them, and remember to do so. Still reading through the book now, so might take a while.

Again, these things are not a big deal to me, but since Jason asked...

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

pawndream wrote:Amazing Adventures (2nd printing)

Top of page 49, second column of text "modern aumages..." I am assuming this should be modern homage...
Nope. "Aumage" is the correct term. It's normally used in film, but it does apply to literature as well. In the end, however, it's French (I believe) for "homage," so there you have it. ;).
The weapon table on page 55 has a minor typo as well "reciever", instead of "receiver".
Good catch. Added to the errata post. Thanks!
I'll post others as I come across them, and remember to do so. Still reading through the book now, so might take a while.

Again, these things are not a big deal to me, but since Jason asked...

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Ugh. Found a number of errata all on one page in the Companion. Mostly typos and layout stuff, but it's still a bit embarrassing. I'll get it posted up later this afternoon.

pawndream
Red Cap

Post by pawndream »

The Grey Elf wrote:

Nope. "Aumage" is the correct term. It's normally used in film, but it does apply to literature as well. In the end, however, it's French (I believe) for "homage," so there you have it. ;).
Okay. I actually checked two different physical dictionaries on that word, because I had never seen it written that way. Looking online I did not see it at either.

I knew what the word was, from context, when reading the sentence, but it definitely stood out.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

pawndream wrote:
The Grey Elf wrote:

Okay. I actually checked two different physical dictionaries on that word, because I had never seen it written that way. Looking online I did not see it at either.

I knew what the word was, from context, when reading the sentence, but it definitely stood out.
It is a correct word and a term in film studies. I know this because of my minor in film studies. ;) I'm wrong about it being French, however (that's "hommage"). It may well be something of an archaic term (or at least a colloquial spelling) --I myself am having trouble digging up its origin on Google and am just coming up with "hommage." But I've got reams of notes from my film school days using the "aumage" spelling, so... :ugeek:

in any case, there's no reason I had to be all fancy-pants about it, so I'll just Americanize it in future printings to "homage."

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

New errata just added (thanks to Aergraith)!

On Page 88, under the Spellcraft Check, the reference to "CC" is a typo. It should be CL. the corresponding reference in the example is correct.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Clarified adding level to SIEGE checks in the top post.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Updated my homebrew character sheet for download, and added an errata for the Companion.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Added a couple more errata clarifying CLs and saving throws for a few psychic powers.

mrm1138
Henchman

Post by mrm1138 »

I'm not quite sure if this is an error, but it seems like one. In "The Heart of Yhtill," p. 232, Act One, toward the end of the third paragraph, it reads, "Amanda insists that she has no idea why anyone would want to kill her husband..." At this point, however, it's her brother, Jimmy Diamond, who has just been murdered.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

mrm1138 wrote:I'm not quite sure if this is an error, but it seems like one. In "The Heart of Yhtill," p. 232, Act One, toward the end of the third paragraph, it reads, "Amanda insists that she has no idea why anyone would want to kill her husband..." At this point, however, it's her brother, Jimmy Diamond, who has just been murdered.
Yup, that's a typo. It should be her brother. Thanks!

mrm1138
Henchman

Post by mrm1138 »

Request for clarification re: Mighty Blow (p. 51), please. The item includes the following:
However, the character must then make an unmodified d20 roll; a result of 1-9 on the d20 means that the weapon shatters as a result of the mighty blow (firearms are ruined from blowback). This ability is useful only in melee combat...
In the case of firearms, does that refer to making a point blank shot in melee?

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

mrm1138 wrote:Request for clarification re: Mighty Blow (p. 51), please. The item includes the following:
However, the character must then make an unmodified d20 roll; a result of 1-9 on the d20 means that the weapon shatters as a result of the mighty blow (firearms are ruined from blowback). This ability is useful only in melee combat...
In the case of firearms, does that refer to making a point blank shot in melee?
Hah. Seems you caught another typo. No, Firearms should not be allowed to perform a mighty blow at all. Only melee weapons.

Mediapig71
Skobbit

Post by Mediapig71 »

Just curious, how much of this erratta has been included in the current hardcover printings?