CR for Turning Undead

Open Discussion on all things C&C from new product to general questions to the rules, the laws, and the chaos.
Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

CR for Turning Undead

Post by Snoring Rock »

It has been a while. Where is the rule about the CR for turning undead? As I remember, it is determined by HD. Is it 10 + HD = CR? Where is it in the rules?

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Re: CR for Turning Undead

Post by Go0gleplex »

Snoring Rock wrote:It has been a while. Where is the rule about the CR for turning undead? As I remember, it is determined by HD. Is it 10 + HD = CR? Where is it in the rules?
Check Page 180 of the PHB (6th printing)
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

Ok yeah I saw it right after I posted this. It is the creature's HD that is equal to the CL. The CL then is added to 12 or 18, in this case it will always be 12. A lich has a CC of 30. Seems good.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Snoring Rock wrote:Ok yeah I saw it right after I posted this. It is the creature's HD that is equal to the CL. The CL then is added to 12 or 18, in this case it will always be 12. A lich has a CC of 30. Seems good.
and that just made every paladin I've ever played cry and wet themselves a little at the thought of a CL 30
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

don't forget situational modifiers... holy ground, curse, bless, bane, scared, coming off heroism.. I like modifying this roll. Also to roll affects each creature differently.. and just because they're a cleric does not give them instant undead ID ability... make them guess a while...
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

T1Hound
Hlobane Orc

Post by T1Hound »

From one of my old DMs, we would add in a roleplaying modifier. If you did the epic turning dead speech, it could give big benefits to your role. Little pieces of the cleric of Thor dropping down to 1 knee at the end of the speech hitting the hammer against the floor - exploding the undead with the purest lightning / holy light!