Q/A With the Trolls

This forum is to discuss TLGs crowdfunding projects.
(NOTE: Until sorted, it will have legacy, non-crowdfunding threads in)
Dungeoneer
Mist Elf

Re: Q/A With the Trolls

Post by Dungeoneer »

Sir Ironside wrote: Have no idea, but I'm going to take advantage of the resurrected thread to point out that buying (Through off the shelf or ordering through...) from your FLGS would make them more inclined to stock TLG products. Which is always a good thing to expand the fan base.
I completely agree and I would do so if I was going to college near a gaming store. I wish there was but the town is just too small for one.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Hi Dungeoneer! Welcome. I ordered from the TLG store on August 29 and got my stuff on Sept 5. Even with the holiday weekend, I received the shipment in 1 week.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Dungeoneer
Mist Elf

Post by Dungeoneer »

Omote wrote:Hi Dungeoneer! Welcome. I ordered from the TLG store on August 29 and got my stuff on Sept 5. Even with the holiday weekend, I received the shipment in 1 week.

~O
Thanks for the reply, Omote! Not too worried either way just trying to start plan some C&C goodness, so just wanted some sort of idea. Thanks for the welcome, I hope to contribute to the community soon enough.

bloodymage
Hlobane Orc

Post by bloodymage »

Not getting much in results via email... hey Davis! What's the verdict on "Druids Isle?" And Steve, please, pretty, pretty please could I possibly share space at your dealer's table at GaryCon again?

Kalex the Omen
Henchman

Post by Kalex the Omen »

How long does it generally take for an order to ship from the store? I placed an order on the 10th, and it has been Processing for 8 days.

Thanks in advance.
Kalex the Omen
Dungeon Master Extraordinaire

Kalex the Omen
Henchman

Post by Kalex the Omen »

Kalex the Omen wrote:How long does it generally take for an order to ship from the store? I placed an order on the 10th, and it has been Processing for 8 days.

Thanks in advance.
15 days now! The lack of response isn't giving me much confidence either. Can/should I cancel the order?
Kalex the Omen

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

Kalex the Omen wrote:
Kalex the Omen wrote:How long does it generally take for an order to ship from the store? I placed an order on the 10th, and it has been Processing for 8 days.

Thanks in advance.
15 days now! The lack of response isn't giving me much confidence either. Can/should I cancel the order?
Have you tried emailing anyone yet?

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Dracyian wrote:Have you tried emailing anyone yet?
[email protected]

or

[email protected]
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

If you email them, they'll make it right.
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Kalex the Omen
Henchman

Post by Kalex the Omen »

Thanks everyone, but it finally shipped. With any luck I'll have it by tomorrow, or Monday.
Kalex the Omen

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Ghast Question

Post by Captain_K »

Lovely little note at the end under "Ghoul Fever" (which Ghouls cannot cause, only Ghasts, so miss named?) where there is a chance your PC will retain "much" of its memory, INT and 30-80% of its exp/levels, but what is missing is will and alignment.. is it just assumed you must be a Chaotic Evil (CE) Ghast. Might be wise to state clearly if that is the "hard rule". If you retain your alignment or only shift toward CE alignment this makes for some fun fantasy.

Aside: A nice nod to P. C .Hodgell's Character Ashe who is a "haunt" singer (aka Ghast Bard in CnC terms) who also maintained her "self" (alignment) despite becoming an undead. (Start with P.C. Hodgell's first book "God Stalk" (old copies about on places like ABEBooks.com) and you will love working your way to Honor's Paradox - a great series ripe for CnC).
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Is there a right way or location to submit to TLG "new" monsters? Ex. The Yale, from an original Euro-medieval bestiary http://web.cn.edu/kwheeler/monster_list.html

Thanks, Kirk
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

The first entry says this is the place to ask questions, how often should we expect replies?

I may be starting a new gaming group and would like to encourage the players to use some section of this forum system to stay in touch, recap a night's adventure and try their hand at "creative" writing. Is their such a place and can it work from smart phones as well as PCs?

Thanks, Kirk

Natha
Mist Elf

Post by Natha »

I don't know if it's the right place/topic to ask that but ... The forum is very hard to read on mobile devices (at least on my Android phone and tablet), as it seems to "refuse" to change font size/resize its width etc.
Is there any chance that a different CSS/viewing can be setup for mobile devices ? (or did I missed something).
ImageImageImageImage

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Kirk_O wrote:The first entry says this is the place to ask questions, how often should we expect replies?

I may be starting a new gaming group and would like to encourage the players to use some section of this forum system to stay in touch, recap a night's adventure and try their hand at "creative" writing. Is their such a place and can it work from smart phones as well as PCs?

Thanks, Kirk
I'd suggest starting a thread in the Crusades forum for your game.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

Natha wrote:I don't know if it's the right place/topic to ask that but ... The forum is very hard to read on mobile devices (at least on my Android phone and tablet), as it seems to "refuse" to change font size/resize its width etc.
Is there any chance that a different CSS/viewing can be setup for mobile devices ? (or did I missed something).
You must have missed something, because I have no problem viewing the forums using Boat Browser on either my phone or tablet. This includes resizing.

Natha
Mist Elf

Post by Natha »

Traveller wrote: You must have missed something, because I have no problem viewing the forums using Boat Browser on either my phone or tablet. This includes resizing.
Coud you tell me if you see the forum the same on your phone :
(beneath, these are actual screenshots from my phone)

If I open this very thread on my phone (browser is Chrome), this is what I see :

Hence, it can't be read (too small).

If I zoom in (pinching "out" with 2 fingers), this is what I see :

The text is cropped on the right and I have to scroll horizontally to the right to read, then scroll to the left and down for next line ... very cumbersome.

But other forums (almost all of them, I must say), when I open the thread's page, looks automatically like this (screenshot taken from Dragonsfoot), wich can be read without zooming and/or scrolling :
ImageImageImageImage

mcgsmanor
Henchman

Post by mcgsmanor »

I have a question about the web spell but don't know which forum to use so I shot for the top. Thanks

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

mcgsmanor wrote:I have a question about the web spell but don't know which forum to use so I shot for the top. Thanks
Use this forum. viewforum.php?f=8
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Not sure how to get notes to you, but nice job, well done with the CKG and small bits for the three sisters KS.

I would suggest a form fitting lid for the dice "cup" so it becomes a carrier that does not spill also.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Hello Trolls. Will a black & white interior PHB hardcover ever be offered again, either through special order or limited run?
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

T1Hound
Hlobane Orc

Post by T1Hound »

Black and white interior first caught my eye. The other part is the type of paper used. I feel the glossy magazine paper (perhaps while cheaper) does not hold up as well and harder to "write-up".

-T1

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

Current printings are in color, though the paper is semi-gloss. The third print's glossy paper was a printer error and removed for the 4th print.

Kashmir666
Henchman

Re: Print Codes

Post by Kashmir666 »

Hi

Just bought a Bundle from DriveThruRPG and I seem to have a couple of books twice but with different release codes. What's the difference between the 'TLG', 'A', 'C' & 'F' codes I've seen?

Sorry if this has already been asked but couldn't find an answer anywhere.

Tony :?:

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

TLG XXXX or XXXXX is the stock number of the book. For example, the stock number of "Of Gods & Monsters" is TLG 8017. When it is finally reprinted (which may take a little while) the new printing will have the stock number TLG 80171. The letter codes, such as A, C, and F, all refer to related adventures. For example, adventure A0 is "The Rising Knight" and its sequels would be A1 (Assault on Blacktooth Ridge), A2 (Slag Heap), A3 (Wicked Cauldron) and so on. This letter code is distinct from the stock number. All TLG items will have stock numbers, but not every TLG item has a letter code.

Kashmir666
Henchman

Post by Kashmir666 »

Cheers. Appreciate the reply.

Tony

Kersus
Red Cap

Post by Kersus »

Since they put the Borderhounds RPG into Free RPG Day 2017 (the gem of the lot lot me), does this mean they have some upcoming plans for releasing adventures for the 'game?'

Is there news somewhere I'm not seeing?
Join the scorn. Don't hate us as the home of the SCHWA RPG. Hate us because we're Furiously Eclectic. Be wildly multifarious on our dime.

El_Sijo
Henchman

Post by El_Sijo »

Hello, I was invited to this Monday's game but I lost the thread Link. Also, I was asked to post my character but I don't know where (presumably in the game thread.)