(Aces and Eights RPG) The Montana Campaign.

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Treebore
Mogrl

Re: (Aces and Eights RPG) The Montana Campaign.

Post by Treebore »

I'm not sure if I am going to back this yet, I need more details as to what they are "reloading", rules wise. However, if you have enjoyed this enough to want a physical copy, the KS is live...

Its live! Get in on the Origins Award w ... e-playing

If I like what I hear about the details, which I have liked what little I have heard so far, you at least know you can get me to run it!

Edit:

Some examples to tide you over: revamped skills (in-line with hackMaster), new career paths/rewards, revamp certain weapons, campaign advanced one year (ie the history of the shattered frontier advanced one year -- we figure one year per decade of real time works for everyone

Yes, there will be ways to increase attributes after character creation.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker, check out our Monday SKYPE chat group for the Cloak and Dagger official trailer...
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:Lurker, check out our Monday SKYPE chat group for the Cloak and Dagger official trailer...

Thanks for hanging it ... man I don't know though ... looks like a lot of teen drama to set the story up. Hoping it isn't that, or just that, we'll see. Hopefully it gets away from the teen drama love story stuff and gets to them killing and driving bad guys insane ...
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Ready to mount up and ride like the wind?

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

I'll be about 20 minutes late tonight

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:Ready to mount up and ride like the wind?
Rgr that. I might end up hung, but it won't be in Canada by some red shirted Mountie !!!!!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Tonights session, the dead and worthless were buried. The dead and valuable were wrapped up and taken back to the states, along with everyone else you captured alive. You never took 3 of the look outs into custody. You never even saw them. The vast majority of the goods were obviously stolen, over half from Canada itself. Over half of it was canned foods. The Valuables were as follows:

8 x 25 Gallon Barrels of Candadian Brandy. Worth $137.50 per barrel in the USA. So $1,100 at full retail.
Gatlin Gun Barrel, ONLY. Not even the trigger piece. Value: Unknown
4 Crates of Canadian Club Whiskey, 14 1 Gallon Jugs each. $8/Jug, So $112/crate, so $448 total, at full retail.
14 Bolts of Silk, 100 yds/bolt, $50 per bolt at full retail. $700 total.
22 Bear Skins at $12 each. $264 total. This is the price YOU will be able to sell them at.
30 Elk Hides at $3.50 each. So $105 total. This is the price YOU will be able to sell them at.
42 Beaver skins at $8.75. $367 Total. Again the price YOU will be able to sell these at.
4 Sets of SOLID silver setting sets. 10 place sets per set, IE Fork, 2 spoons, knife, plate, cup, saucer. Each set is REATAIL value of $240, so $960 total retail.
Weapons:

You recovered, in saleable condition:

4 Derringers, 6 Colt New Line (Pocket Gun), 2 Knuckle Dusters, 8 Colt Pattersons, 6 Griswold and Gunnisons, 2 Lemat Two-Barrels, 5 Colt 1877 Lightnings, 4 Colt Flattop Targets, 4 S&W Schofields. Shotguns: A Colt 1868, A LC Smith, A Parker and a Winchester. RIFLES: 6 Henry Rifles, 3 Remington Rolling Blocks, 4 Sharps Carbine Conversions, 8 Spencer Carbines, and 3 Wichester 1863's, a .32, a .38 and a .44 Caliber. Ammo: Averages out to 70 rounds per gun, execpt Shot Guns, those had an average of 20 rounds each.
Knives: 6 Bowies and 18 hunting knives and 2 Sabers.

Horses (all of average quality for their breeds) 1 Morgan, 4 Quarter Horses, 12 Mustangs and 7 Thoroughbreds. Each with Common Saddles and plain saddlebags, except for 2 of them. Those had Fancy Saddles with Fancy Saddle Bags.
Rule of thumb, you can sell items at 25 to 40% of retail, depending on Negotiation rolls. When like new. Obviously used will depend entirely on Negotiation rolls, and can vary greatly from buyer to buyer. Horse value depends on a number of factors, but for sake of being easy, average qualitieis will be assumed. So the main factor you will need to worry about is age.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Quite a haul.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rigon wrote:Quite a haul.

R-

and then some ... wow that plus the bounty on the ones we brought in, we should be high on the hog !

With all those guns, Clemons should have his pick of the litter, and we can all have our preferred primary and back up gun(s) with plenty to spare !

C&C Society

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Lurker wrote:With all those guns, Clemons should have his pick of the litter, and we can all have our preferred primary and back up gun(s) with plenty to spare !
I wouldn't mind getting a better rifle for combat purposes.

I think I'll stick with my S&W Russian pistol though.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

I'd like a shotgun to add to my growing arsenal. Banditos can never have enough guns.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

A heads up, I will have to miss next week. It is production week and you all know what that means (long nights and impossible days).

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I just remembered I'll be out of state on the 22nd of this month. Going to see my brother's wife graduate from Medical school and using it as an ecues to take a week long road trip with the family ...

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

My daughter has had a work schedule change, so good chance she may rejoin us for at least a few sessions.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/15-T ... 6971_zpid/

House we are currently attempting to buy. Wish us luck!

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Great! It's very close to the Botanical Gardens, the Zoo, and the Hill. Nice location.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/15-T ... 6971_zpid/

House we are currently attempting to buy. Wish us luck!

You are going to live in a castle !!!!! Coooooollllllll !
Treebore wrote:My daughter has had a work schedule change, so good chance she may rejoin us for at least a few sessions.
I know I haven't played in the game with her as much as others here, but it'll be good to have her back in the Monday night ne'er do wells

C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

That house is amazing. Good luck.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:That house is amazing. Good luck.

R-
Thanks! This is another foreclosure bidding process, so it will be an unknown number of days before we know if we submitted the winning bid. We are hopeful that with it needing a Central AC installatioon along with its other relatively minor problems that we might actually win it.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I know this isn't the exact right place to ask, but .... Kirk keeps asking me to try and get 1 more person to do a room for the next Domesday. That and get some pregen characters in for it - 3 - 4 level. I've taken a room and gotten 3 characters in - 1 of them you'll recognize along with my homebrew swashbuckler class :D - And Tree has taken a room. However, out of all you that also gm or have gmed ... can we get him one more guy to do the cave inference ?????

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Treebore wrote:
Rigon wrote:That house is amazing. Good luck.

R-
Thanks! This is another foreclosure bidding process, so it will be an unknown number of days before we know if we submitted the winning bid. We are hopeful that with it needing a Central AC installatioon along with its other relatively minor problems that we might actually win it.

Its looking like the house has a bunch of ugly hidden secrets, which isn't exactly a surprise. Our realtor is touring it tomorrow and we will know if we will move forward on this then.

Ready to mount up and head back into Canada tonight?

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Sorry for the late notice, but I'll be logging on late, if I'm able to attend tonight at all. My son has basketball practice and a band concert, so I'll be running all over town... nice of him to let us know yesterday the concert was tonight. Gotta love teenagers.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

maximus wrote:Sorry for the late notice, but I'll be logging on late, if I'm able to attend tonight at all. My son has basketball practice and a band concert, so I'll be running all over town... nice of him to let us know yesterday the concert was tonight. Gotta love teenagers.
Mine aren't even teenagers yet & I'm having that fun .... soccer soccer, dance soccer and dance, .... plus I'm trying to get the last of the garden in 2 - 3 weeks late (stupid flooding rain)

so yeah I understand rushed and running around. Speaking of garden ... I have to shower because I stink right now ... I guess I could say I'm trying to better role play a cowboy ...

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Sorry, my ISP crapped out on our whole service area for a few hours.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Figured something like that happened, and believe me I know the pain when it does all toooo well :lol:

As a reminder I will be out of pocket on the 22nd. So someone play Tom as needed. I think I have all his skills loaded on the character sheet. I'll try and check it between now and then to make sure.

As the big question, before coms went TU, was how much do you want to get for everything we found ... Tom isn't a trader type, and isn't greedy, so a decent price with little haggling is good for him. However, if there is someone with the skills needed to up the price we bring in, by all means do so. Also, Tom would give some of his share to the character that owes $400.00 . As long as Tom can get a good hot bath, sleep in a nice bed for a few nights, have a few good steak dinners, a few more good beers, and wink at a cuttie or 2 he'll be happy and not need the money.

If things go sideway and you all get in a big fight, remember Tom has improved vision in the dark, and improved arches of fire. If needed he will use the street cannon to clear a crowd, then switch to his carbine . He doesn't have any long gun so wouldn't try to snipe anyone, but tries to use cover as much as possible.

C&C Society

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Enapay has good scores in both Deception and Intimidation. Not sure if those will come in handy when haggling prices. He is still concerned about being found by his former "associates", so drawing attention to himself may not be the best course.

I'm good with a fair price for everything, no need to get too greedy. Just enough for a little Gambling, which he is not so good at...

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Are you running on Monday?

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:Are you running on Monday?

R-
I sure plan too, as long as my ISP doesn't crap out on me again. Last session was the second time in two months that it did that. Both times lasted several hours.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

I'll probably be late again; my son has basketball playoffs tonight.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

maximus wrote:I'll probably be late again; my son has basketball playoffs tonight.

I hope his team wins! See you when you sign on.