A-Series Supplemental Material

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
MaxKaladin
Mist Elf

A-Series Supplemental Material

Post by MaxKaladin »

Hi,

I've been looking into what I might run as a first C&C campaign and I'm considering the A-series. I bought a bunch of modules on sale a while back and I have A0-A12 as well as the PDF of the Umbrage Saga boxed set and the Umbrage Fragments PDF. I'm wondering if anyone has anything to recommend in terms of material to flesh out the campaign, whether official products of fan-made stuff. I've seen a couple of maps here on the boards, but that's about it. Normally, I'd look for setting material, but it looks like TLG hasn't published any sort of "regional" book for the area or the towns involved.

Thanks!

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: A-Series Supplemental Material

Post by Treebore »

Since this is set in Aihrde the Codex of Aihrde has some material on this area, but not much beyond what the modules already give you. Plus they released some Aufstrag adventures as a kind of prelude to the A 13 boxed set for Aufstrag.

As for what else I would use? Well, if you have old school stuff, such as Keep on the Borderlands, I would at least add the Caves of Chaos to the Blacktooth Ridge area. Its what I plan on doing the next time I run this series. Beyond that, I wouldn't run just the A series, I would add in any other material you have that you feel would fit in. Not a lot, maybe an additonal adventure between each A series module.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

MaxKaladin
Mist Elf

Post by MaxKaladin »

Heh, KotB has a reputation in our group for being the place where the dungeon was less dangerous than the road to get there. :D

So, I have a book for Aufstrag, is that the adventures you mentioned? I didn't realize an A13 box coming.

I gather that I need to add additional material to fill in between the adventures?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

MaxKaladin wrote:I gather that I need to add additional material to fill in between the adventures?
I did add material. As for the Aufstrag book, I'd have to have a title to say with any certainty.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

MaxKaladin
Mist Elf

Post by MaxKaladin »

The title is "The Dungeons of Aufstrag" and it is subtitled "Umbrage Saga Part 3. Inside, it says Adventure Modules A13-A17. I'm presuming the box set you mention will take this and add material like the one for A0-A5 did?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

MaxKaladin wrote:The title is "The Dungeons of Aufstrag" and it is subtitled "Umbrage Saga Part 3. Inside, it says Adventure Modules A13-A17. I'm presuming the box set you mention will take this and add material like the one for A0-A5 did?
Unless they changed plans, and I missed it, they are still doing a boxed set with much more material than these give. These were, as I understood it, Kickstarter incentives, not a replacement for the boxed set.