(Aces and Eights RPG) The Montana Campaign.

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Kayolan
Lore Drake

Re: (Aces and Eights RPG) The Montana Campaign.

Post by Kayolan »

I'm back on first shift... :)

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Kayolan wrote:I'm back on first shift... :)
About time...
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

We are selling the house! It will be listed by January 4th. Woo hoo!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Treebore wrote:We are selling the house! It will be listed by January 4th. Woo hoo!
Congrats man!

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Treebore wrote:We are selling the house! It will be listed by January 4th. Woo hoo!
Great news! Did you head back yet?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

maximus wrote:
No, we hope to head back on the 22nd, which will allow us to get home Christmas Eve.

Things working out on your end?

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Great news.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Treebore wrote:
maximus wrote:
No, we hope to head back on the 22nd, which will allow us to get home Christmas Eve.

There's a chance I may be hired back, but it won't be until after the holidays. I'm keeping things positive and working on my plan. I'd still like to get down there to meet up. I'll shoot you a message if I can make it happen.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:
maximus wrote:

Great news both the sell the house (and getting the weight off your back) and getting home before Christmas.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Going to pick up a new Used Car in Phoenix today. We are leaving with plenty of time to spare, but just in case crap happens, I wanted to give you guys an idea. If you don't see me around, check SKYPE for updates.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I'm running to Tulsa today, so the girls can use some of their gift cards. In theory I'll be back in time to play. However, little girls, their mom & my mom, in Tulsa, shopping .... I may be late - and twitchy after being in all those crowds .

If not enough people show to game, I'd still like to talk about the future Victorious game if it will be only a few of us.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Almost 25 after, only one player is signed on.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I signed in at 2038 ... 5 min after everyone else called it a night .... sorry

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:I signed in at 2038 ... 5 min after everyone else called it a night .... sorry
Well, at least we got to have a good talk, and I finally got to bounce my ideas off of someone thats going to be in the game.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rgr good to have a bs session, and good to be a sounding board.

Like I said, for me it is which ever is best/easiest first for you as the DM and 2nd for the rest of the party. For my character, he will be easy to drop into which ever version of 'earth history' you decide to use.

Both my main character, and my back up, are a low to mid power level starting - main character a shadow / cloak inspired character, the back up a hunter inspired character. So, they may not be super flashy, but they will be useful no matter what lane of history you go with.

For the history of the character(s). I researched names /events for England and the Crimiea war and used the real events / people as the seed for his history. So, if you go with the close to real history idea, too easy to fit in. If you go with the more radical change, the you can easily take the real world history and change the events / people to fir your time line. Even that, just minor retooling on your part to the history and he will be good to go.

C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Your game or mine tonight?

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:Your game or mine tonight?

R-
I can definitely run mine, but I was thinking maybe we should wait until I am done making trips to Charleston? Get a consistent stretch of games ran? I am even willing to run for 4 to 6 weeks in a row, to make up for lost sessions, and get a much more solid experience under our collective belts.

I would also like to talk to everyone about how they want me to handle the setting for the Victorious game. I only got to talk to Les last week.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

You run yours and then I'll run mine for the next few weeks/month. I'm just getting over a sinus infection and I'm still feeling a little under the weather.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:You run yours and then I'll run mine for the next few weeks/month. I'm just getting over a sinus infection and I'm still feeling a little under the weather.

R-
OK, but I go back to Charleston Wednesday or Thursday.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I'll be late I just finished cleaning ducks, so now I have LOTS of feathers to sweep up ... I'll be in ASAP

C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Updated:

Jacob Allen Powers

Sex: Male
Hght: 5’ 9”
Wght: 189 lbs
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Black
Handedness: Right Handed
Race: Black
Religion: Pentecostal
Origins: Dallas, Republic of Texas

Str 16.63 (DM: +3; Lift: 318; Cry: 118; Drg 95)
Int 15.14 (SLM: 4; AccM 2)
Wis 12.46 (SLM: 1; SpdM: 1)
Dex 15.22 (Acc/To Hit: 2; SpdM: -1)
Con 13.25 (HPM: 2)
LKS 8.42 (RepM: -2; FameM: -2; ChaM: -1)
Cha 13.80 (SLM: 2; RepM: 2; Max# Comps: 6)

Fame: 82 (Minor Celeb - +1 to all die rolls, +1/10 BP gained, 1 free reroll/session)
BPs: 0 (31 Spent)

Number of Gunfights: 9
Hit Points: 26
Speed: -1
Accuracy: 7

Skills (Ticks/Mastery) – roll under
Agriculture (2/71%) – 29
Glean Information (4/32%) – 68
Interrogation (3/43%) – 57
Intimidate (3/68%) - 32
Language: Spanish (1/81%) – 19
Listening (4/33%) – 67
Mathematics (1/81%) – 19
Observation (2/69%) – 31
Reading Comp/Pen. (2/65%) – 35
Riding (2/54%) – 46
Sneaking (1/65%) – 35
Tracking (4/22%) – 78

Talents
Damage Bonus (+1 to all dmg)
Dead Eye (Any target over 30 feet away is treated as 1 ranger increment closer)
Veteran Gunfighter (?)

Quirks
Hardcase (hard & feelingless)
Lynch Lawman (over developed sense of Justice)

Flaws
Epileptic (d10: 6 or lower seizure; d12 for hour & d4 for am/pm; d6-1 for mins & d10-1 for seconds; d12 for severity)

Firearms
Colt SAA (7.5 inch barrel; Revolver; .45 cal Cartridge; 6 shoots; Draw Spd Mod: +1; Reload Spd: 10; Dmg: 1d6+1; Range Increments: 5’/+8, 10’/+4, 15’/+2, 20’/0, 25’/-1, 30’/-2, 40’/-3, 50’/-4, 70’/-6, 90’/-8. 120’/-12, 150’/-16, 200’/-24, 250’/-32, 300’/-40, 350’/-50)
Sharps Long Range (34inch barrel; Rifle; .45 cal Cartridge; 1 shoot; Draw Spd Mod: +8; Reload Spd: 25; Dmg: 2d8; Range Increments: 5’/+8, 10-15’/+4, 20-25’/+3, 30’/+2, 40-50’/+1, 70-90’/0, 120’/-1, 150’/-2, 200’/-3, 250’/-4, 300’/-5, 350’/-6, 400’/-7, 450’/-8, 500’/-9, 600’/-10, 700’/-12, 800’/-14, 900’/-16, 1000’/-18, 1250’/-20, 1500’/-25)

Combat Mods
Speed: -1
Accuracy: 7
+1 to all damage
Any target over 30 feet away is treated as 1 ranger increment closer
+6 Aiming
+2 Steady
+2 Prone

Items
300 rounds of .45 cal cartridges
Fancy rig/holster
Pocket knife
Silver Ring
Gold Nugget ($25)
Clothes (Shirt, vest, pants, boots, cowboy hat)
Oilskin Slicker
Oilskin Tarp (10’ x 10’)
Canteen
Mess Kit
Field Glasses
Hunting Knife
Rifle Scabbard
Rope (8 yds)
Hatchet
Flint & steel
Trail Rations (3 days)
Used Saddle (w/stirrups)
Saddle Blanket
Used Saddle bags
Leather Brindle (6 ft)
Mustang Horse
Pack Mule

Cash on Hand: $120.28

Thumbnail Description
Jacob Powers was never a slave, only a paid servant of a Texas Ranger captain and his family. The ranger saw potential in Jacob and taught him the ins and outs of shooting and tracking. When his mentor was killed (shot in the back, actually), Jacob set out looking for the killers and brought them in, filled with lead.
Since then he’s been tracking wanted men all over the country, and he doesn’t often bring them back alive. He prefers to specialize in murderers.

Notes:
-I brought in Dolly, Daniel, and Wes alive and Frank dead. Collected bounties and split with my posse.
-Going with the Professor to check on Indians.
-Brought in some outlaws with the Professor.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I AM HOME! Well, technically in Tucson, for that SS hearing this afternoon, but its the closest I have been to home since the middle of January, so I will take it! Plus, after the hearing, and about a 2 hour drive, and I will actually be at home! WOOHOO!

Anyways, until my Charleston house sells, and a closing date is set, I should be at home for the foreseeable future, which means I can get this game back on track and wrapped up so we can move on to Victorious!

Also, if any of you have taken a liking to this RPG, the KS for its new Second Edition should be starting up soon.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I was wrong.

Since we now have an offer on our Charleston house, we will now be heading to St Louis on Monday to go house hunting there.

Now I will be taking my Aces and Eights material, so as long as I get into a hotel in time, I will still run my game.
If not, it will fall on Rigon yet again. :(

So hopefully we will get into a hotel in time Monday night. Same will go for NEXT Monday, since that is when we will be heading home. Most likely, anyways. We might head home Sunday if we have looked at all the houses we are interested in. Which is what I hope the case will be. So far its only 10 houses, so as long as we don't find any more to our liking, we will probably be heading home Sunday. Maybe even earlier. One can hope, at least.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Hope the SS hearing went well, and the house offer is as much or more than you hoped for, and it holds. And, hope you have good house hunting luck.

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:Hope the SS hearing went well, and the house offer is as much or more than you hoped for, and it holds. And, hope you have good house hunting luck.
It was basically an initial hearing, but we feel good about the final one, whenever we have it. We got our asking price. Charleston is a sellers market right now.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Congrats on the sale!

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:I was wrong.

Since we now have an offer on our Charleston house, we will now be heading to St Louis on Monday to go house hunting there.

Now I will be taking my Aces and Eights material, so as long as I get into a hotel in time, I will still run my game.
If not, it will fall on Rigon yet again. :(

So hopefully we will get into a hotel in time Monday night. Same will go for NEXT Monday, since that is when we will be heading home. Most likely, anyways. We might head home Sunday if we have looked at all the houses we are interested in. Which is what I hope the case will be. So far its only 10 houses, so as long as we don't find any more to our liking, we will probably be heading home Sunday. Maybe even earlier. One can hope, at least.
Congrats man!

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

winds are screaming here and TStorms headed this way, sooooo my coms may be poop tonight.

If not, I'll be at the game with bells on, but if sooo ....

C&C Society

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

& Skype just started updating and shows 30 min left on download .... so I may be late even without the wind and bad coms ...

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I couldn't believe how crappy SKYPE was being for me on the road. It was actually probably my cell phone carrier. It would claim I have full bars, LTE access, etc... but I still couldn't even join the call.