Gringnr's Sunday Night Spacejacking

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Gringnr
Ulthal

Re: Gringnr's Sunday Night Spacejacking

Post by Gringnr »

Penny-Whistle wrote:Thanks again for the link.

The map is not visible.

I can't access a character sheet. There are a couple of places where you might need to do your gm magic. 1. When you add the character names in the section called the Journal the choices are invisible to us unless you change the default. (I assume they do it this way so you don't accidentally show info about the bad guys.) If you click on a name listed then a window will open. At the top of that window there is a tab called 'show to players' that needs to be selected if you wish us to see the information. 2. Next to that 'Show to Players' button is an 'Edit' button. If you click that button you will see under the Name box two more boxes: 'in player's journals' and also 'can be edited and controlled by' These boxes allow you to decide the character's visibility and control.

OK, cool, I think I got this...? Maybe take a look see when you can.
It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I'll take a look as well . . be online in 10 minutes or so.

:P
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

I am primarily using the Traveller Starter Set, although little black books 1-3 OR the Traveller Book will give you all of the info you need as well.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Mission to Mars ~

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0183523/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Careful . . there might be some spoilers. I'm just posting this link as a reminder . . Watch it!!

8-)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

Making final preparations... added some tokens for everyone to use. Please let me know if you can see them, and if you can't, maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Or I can search for the answer. Thanks much for all of your help so far.

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

Gringnr wrote:Making final preparations... added some tokens for everyone to use. Please let me know if you can see them, and if you can't, maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Or I can search for the answer. Thanks much for all of your help so far.

I do not see a token for my character.

One way to add a token is to go to the character file in the Journal. Click Edit, then in the Avatar box on the left click on 'choose a file' to transfer the file from your computer.

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

Penny-Whistle wrote:
Gringnr wrote:Making final preparations... added some tokens for everyone to use. Please let me know if you can see them, and if you can't, maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong. Or I can search for the answer. Thanks much for all of your help so far.

One way to add a token is to go to the character file in the Journal. Click Edit, then in the Avatar box on the left click on 'choose a file' to transfer the file from your computer.
Thanks! I bought a couple sets of tokens. Is there a way for me to make them all visible to y'all? Or do I just have to assign 'em to ya?

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

Ah! One other weird quirk. I once had trouble loading something up because the extension was jpeg instead of jpg. I am not kidding. When I changed the ending it all went swimmingly.
Attachments
Dr. Zibâ Zanbureasal.jpg
Dr. Zibâ Zanbureasal.jpg (48.31 KiB) Viewed 11615 times

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

More like Dr. Girlfriend, gnomesayin? Hope she makes house calls!

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Gringnr wrote:
Penny-Whistle wrote:

Thanks! I bought a couple sets of tokens. Is there a way for me to make them all visible to y'all? Or do I just have to assign 'em to ya?
You can put them on the map, select them, and then go to a character sheet and say use selected token.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

Thanks!

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

I have something I think works for the attack throw, comparing to 8+.

/me shoots Carbine
/r {2d6 + 1 + ?{DM|0}, 0d0}>7

Where 1 is my skill. If we put our DM for Disadvantage/Advantage in Abilities, and our skills, we could write it like

/me shoots Carbine
/r {2d6 + @{CarbineAdvantageDM} + @{GunCarbineSkill} + ?{DM|0}, 0d0}>7

The ?{DM|0} prompts for a modifier, where you can type in the range DM, the weapon vs. armor DM, etc.

The dice are rolled and compared against 7. The outer {} and ,0d0 are necessary because the only comparison thing Roll20 has is for individual dice or dice groups (for games that count successes). The 0d0 gives it another group to use for counting successes. Half the games in the world compare a TOTAL so I have no idea why that isn't an option too without a weird workaround.

I used /r instead of [[ ]] because if you use [[ ]] it doesn't print SUCCESS if you hit.

rant:
I hate the Maptool macro language, but at least it's a full language with conditionals and local variables for interim results, etc. The Roll20 thing is just this weird dice expression that has to do everything. Apparently if you go pro you can use the javascript API, but haven't tried that yet. I will probably buy the next VTT I see that lets me just use a real programming language to write macros.

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

Nice work, Aergraith!

Now for the bad news: I arrived at work today to discover that we have one guy out who needs emergency gall bladder surgery, one lady out with a death in the family, and my boss is taking some already scheduled time off. I will be working open to close for the next three days. There is no way around it. I will not be likely to get out of work in time to game Sunday.

I apologize, gang. I'm a little pissed, but there's nothing I can do.

To top it all off, my wife returns from being out of town for a week, and I'm working bell to bell all weekend.

I have been busting my ass to get this ready (music, SFX, maps, the whole ball of wax), so this is a real pisser. Aside from a couple of small details like tokens, it's all in place and ready to go.

I am sorry to (once again) be the jackass who disrupts the game. But to say that we need everybody we can get on the sales floor at the moment is an understatement.

I hope my coworkers are OK, listen to me bitching about my own, comparatively trivial shit.

Anyway, Aergraith is in his other game next week, so it looks like this is gonna delay us playing Traveller for two more weeks.

Again, I'm sorry.

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

Stuff happens! We'll see you on the 24th.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Gringnr . . no problemo man. RL always trumps gaming. It has to. We understand.

And ~ it give ME more time to learn and prep.

Don't worry, we'll have fun when the game comes online.

Take 'er easy . . it's all good!

Rhu. ;)

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

Appreciate the understanding, y'all, I really do...

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

It will be worth the wait, I promise...

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

I have purchased three token packs from the Roll20 marketplace: SciFi Dark Base Token Pack, Darkwoulfe's Token Pack Vol 15 Space Saga, and Darkwoulfe's Token Pack Vol 16 Space Saga. PLease look those over in the marketplace and tell me which tokens you want to represent your characters. Orfeel free to supply your own tokens.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Looking them over. They are all kind of Star Wars looking. Thinking about it. I wonder what people wear in the Third Imperium where we are. I figure something comfortable unless I know there is shooting: my time in the Imperial Navy is over. I probably do a fair amount of fishing between jobs.

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

Aergraith wrote:Looking them over. They are all kind of Star Wars looking. Thinking about it. I wonder what people wear in the Third Imperium where we are. I figure something comfortable unless I know there is shooting: my time in the Imperial Navy is over. I probably do a fair amount of fishing between jobs.
Yeah, I wasn't entirely happy with the selection, but I figured they were close enough. And what people wear is as varied as the planets themselves....

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

I will be the DB omni robo spider if that is ok
=)

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

Aergraith wrote:Looking them over. They are all kind of Star Wars looking. Thinking about it. I wonder what people wear in the Third Imperium where we are. I figure something comfortable unless I know there is shooting: my time in the Imperial Navy is over. I probably do a fair amount of fishing between jobs.

a bit like this?
hahahaha

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=htt ... 11.jpg&f=1

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

That's exactly what I was thinking of.

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

Penny-Whistle wrote:I will be the DB omni robo spider if that is ok
=)

I hesitate to tip my hand like this, but they are already in use...

I do have several, er, human looking tokens you can use. But, you can use whatever you want (except robo spiders, of course., and anything else I might already be using)...

To be clear, the only reason I would say no to the robo spider token is they are gonna be used in this scenario.

I guess it would be OK though, I mean, they will be named, I guess, so.... Yeah, if you wanna be represented by a robo spider welp there ya go.

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

Aergraith wrote:That's exactly what I was thinking of.

Well, I certainly don't mind civilian clothes.. maybe there is a Good Ol' Boy token pack.

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

Oh. Sorry about that. Feel free to just assign anything then.

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

Also, the "Space Scoundrel" and some "Space Pirate" tokens look a bit more.... civilian, even though they're armed. I mainly picked these token packs for the robots, but also the military-looking stuff that ISN'T an obvious Star Wars rip.

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

So I am guessing you think my original picture doesn't fit the tone or something.
This image will be easy to spot on the map and might be closer to your vision?
Attachments
icon.jpg
icon.jpg (40.44 KiB) Viewed 11489 times

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

Penny-Whistle wrote:So I am guessing you think my original picture doesn't fit the tone or something.
This image will be easy to spot on the map and might be closer to your vision?
Nah, I edited my post above. After some consideration, the tokens are merely placeholders, after all. Use any one you wish. I will be glad to assign robo-spider to the good Doctor. There are a few different colors, I believe...?

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

Just downloaded Max Attack V: Space token pack for more options. Let me know if one strikes your fancy.