C&C Tuesday Nights

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Kayolan
Lore Drake

Re: C&C Tuesday Nights

Post by Kayolan »

Treebore wrote:Traveling these lands sure is dangerous. Its amazing that any trade can take place at all! Its amazing these small communities can survive. You would need to travel with a small army to to have any kind of assurance of safety and getting where you want to go, alive and intact.
Yep, you're in pretty dangerous territory right now. The further north you go the "safer" it gets. Basically, anything north of Vakhund is considered "human lands".

Quertas
Hlobane Orc

Post by Quertas »

-------------
6-21-2016 tuesday
-------------
we started combat...
many of us left cover to attack goblins...
we all got hit..
but i lost half my life..

im beggining to see my life's end..
and im about to be fired upon again..
maybe a msytic in mmy next life..
this is going to hurt..

in the last 5 seconds...
i stayed alive to react once more..
im alive im alive im alive...
i drag a dead goblin with me..

im scared out my wits...
i dunno what to do...
so i charge to save my allies..
using the goblin as a shield..

i throw the shaman...
into the entanglement..
he is stuck now..
and thors hammer gets summoned...

i grab and swing..
another goblin in charge...
and then i egt me my whip...
but was unseccessful..

i whip... and i whip..
and i grapple..
and i break a goblin..
broken arm and leg...

i finished him ..
by snaping his neck..
the battle of hintenford..
is over...

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Would you guys mind if I run some Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition for a while on Tuesday?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Kayolan wrote:Would you guys mind if I run some Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition for a while on Tuesday?
Mind? Yes. Be completely against it? No.

Mind giving some background as to why?
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Are we not playing Legend, or am I confused once again? I just purchased the Bundle of Holding...
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

rom90125 wrote:Are we not playing Legend, or am I confused once again? I just purchased the Bundle of Holding...
As I understand it the Thursday group will be playing Legend. If the Tuesday group is too, then I join you in your confusion. :lol:
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Just looking to take a break from running C&C for a while, was thinking WFRP but I could run Legend instead. If I were to run Legend for the Tuesday game it would be a different game, i.e. not the Vikings-based game for the future Thursday group but a more fantasy world type game (which I actually already have set up and ready to go... I've been busy :) ), you guys would use the core rules to create your characters to start with.

So it could be either WFRP or Legend (Runequest II). What would you guys rather play?

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Nope...sorry for the confusion. Thursday group is running Legend. So...for me and Tuesday night gaming I'm open to any game. I sincerely apologize for my confusion creating the issue. <puts on dunce hat>
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

rom90125 wrote:Nope...sorry for the confusion. Thursday group is running Legend. So...for me and Tuesday night gaming I'm open to any game. I sincerely apologize for my confusion creating the issue. <puts on dunce hat>
No need to apologize Rom, and actually I could still run Legend if you guys want on Tuesday. I'd love to run either of those two games.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Either sounds good to moi.
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Sounds good. Im not bringing home any gaming books. I'll check to see if I have Warhammer on pdf.

L.S.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

LordSeurek wrote:Sounds good. Im not bringing home any gaming books. I'll check to see if I have Warhammer on pdf.

L.S.
Check your pms on FB LordSeurek.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

While I would prefer to stick with our C&C game, I completely understand the need to take a break and run other things for a while. Obviously, since I am doing that very same thing with the Monday group, so am fine with playing anything. I'd be more interested in the Warhammer game if we could return to old characters, such as my old Pistoleer.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Treebore wrote: I'd be more interested in the Warhammer game if we could return to old characters, such as my old Pistoleer.

If you want to play any of your old characters then go ahead. All I ask is that you mail or pm his current character record to me.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Kayolan wrote:
Treebore wrote: I'd be more interested in the Warhammer game if we could return to old characters, such as my old Pistoleer.

If you want to play any of your old characters then go ahead. All I ask is that you mail or pm his current character record to me.
SWEET! I'll get him to you when we play tomorrow night!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

WTF. Must have been drunk.

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

Hi gang!

WFRP is fine with me, but I'm afraid I'll have to miss yet again tonight. I have to get a bunch of stuff together for an art show on July 9, but just started a full-time job on July 1st. So evenings this week are at a premium. After that, I promise, I'll be more reliable.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

jaybird216 wrote:Hi gang!

WFRP is fine with me, but I'm afraid I'll have to miss yet again tonight. I have to get a bunch of stuff together for an art show on July 9, but just started a full-time job on July 1st. So evenings this week are at a premium. After that, I promise, I'll be more reliable.
No problem jaybird, join in when you can and if you have any questions let me know.

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

I'm on for tomorrow! Have you switched to WHFRP yet? Also, I have zero familiarity with that system, but am willing to pick some books up from DriveThru if you tell me what I need. That aforementioned full-time gig means I can actually justify buying gaming books again. ;)

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

jaybird216 wrote:I'm on for tomorrow! Have you switched to WHFRP yet? Also, I have zero familiarity with that system, but am willing to pick some books up from DriveThru if you tell me what I need. That aforementioned full-time gig means I can actually justify buying gaming books again. ;)
We switched 2 weeks ago, check out your Skype jaybird. I can help you create a character if you'd like.

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

Groovy. I can't wait to try a new system. I'll try my hand at chargen after work today. Game still on at 7? Any character types we are lacking?

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

jaybird216 wrote:Groovy. I can't wait to try a new system. I'll try my hand at chargen after work today. Game still on at 7? Any character types we are lacking?
Game starts at 9 Eastern. I wouldn't worry about character types.

If you'd like I could get on Skype early and I can walk you through it.

Characters so far: a human pit fighter-veteran, a dwarf noble-pistoleer, a dwarf seaman, and a wood elf hunter.

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

You said seaman.

Hahaha. Alright, I'll be there at 9 Eastern!

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

Hey Josh, is there anything we have to prepare for tonight's session? I was sort of drifting off there at the end last week. Is this a reboot week where we'll be shopping, picking skills, etc, or is it the start of a new episode?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

jaybird216 wrote:Hey Josh, is there anything we have to prepare for tonight's session? I was sort of drifting off there at the end last week. Is this a reboot week where we'll be shopping, picking skills, etc, or is it the start of a new episode?
Josh is out until the fall, if he is lucky. Tonight we have to decide what WE want to do until he is able to return.