C&C Tuesday Nights

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Quertas
Hlobane Orc

Re: C&C Tuesday Nights

Post by Quertas »

5-3-2016 tuesday

checked the left room....
not enough to hold ourinterests...
we go to room 6...
rogue goes in front ..
incase of traps...

brown looking water...
in the room...
etchings on the floor of the room...
looks like a circle on a circle..

etchings are red...
shinning the light..
no lite form the groovs..
what shall we doo...

found some satues...
one was a minotaur..
in it i cracked..
it was a minotaur tooth..

1 pp...
plain copper ring...
giant size bony figner..
tuft of hair..

it is a ring...
of convention...
be like a noble...
what a wonder it must be...

went to the next room..
lots of vines...
and etchings of goblins gods...
we shall figure it out...

the doors slam shut...
due to vines...
vines drag me down..
or try...

a mighty leap..
to the next sconz..
the sonz lowers..
the panel opens...

i break free..
of the vine...
the goblin breaks in...
more stuff we found...

i grab on to the vine..
it snaps in half...
i wanna work on the door...
beware of the vines..

we leave...
cast detect magic..
found out the items...
i got a dragon bony finger...

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I hate vines, especially the kind the twine up your let into your private parts, when you then have to cut them off of you. The vine, not private parts. Gisla hurt herself more than she hurt the vines. At least I, Feolner, did a decent job of keeping the door open until everyone got out of the room with the magical stones and statuette.

We need to rest, and heal. Then probably rest some more.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

Great game again tonight guys.

Ingly stares at the ladle, transfixed, his head filled with all of the imagined smells of possible soup combinations for many years to come.

Soup on taro root, soup on amaranthus retroflexus, soup on cichorium intybus, soup on...
For crying out loud, do what you can with the rolls the dice have given you. This is what separates the men from the boys... -Kayolan

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

It's not a coincidence that I bravely rode that bull-beast through the chamber of Mortzva, Handmaiden of Fate, and valiantly leapt to retrieve my birthright from the very tentacles of doom: The talisman that proves my divine providence over goblinkind. Won't they weep to behold me! Especially Korbuxul-Fraap, that bloated, self-important oaf. Banish me, will he? Tables are turning, you pock-faced molester of slime frogs.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Game on tonight!

XP totals as of Session #25:

Feolner Duginson, 4th level cleric of Odin : 10,215
Gisla Ygnarr-mate, 3rd level barbarian of Gal Land: 7,069
Ingly, 4th level druid of Amenut: 9,731
Sargas, 4th level minotaur monk of the Bleak Plains: 9,178
Kibb-zum the Quick, 4th level goblin rogue: 7,669
Tane Amter, 3rd level paladin of St. Luther: 6,710

Quertas
Hlobane Orc

Post by Quertas »

5-10-2016-tuesday

got my diseased cured...
gisla is next...
we decide to rest...
i stood watch and nothing happneed..

we move to the next area.. ssolved the door problem...
with my rogue...
i tear down the porticlus...
and lay it flat...

i take the chance...
i dive through the door...
i am followed..
we are not alone... alone..

we head south...
i asked ingly for light...
he folowed with me..
i am surprised by somthing on my leg..

a BIG snake...
im toast..
so dead..
HELPPPP...

are party reacts...
the snake dies..
i karate chopped it to death..
all hail the great sargas...

with a good search...
we find some more...
a couple of items to tinge our thirst..
i wanna break out into song...

we explore the tortue room and a mess???...
we find adimantine...
somthing we wanan take with us...
hmmm admantine knuckles would be really cool...

some lizard shows up...
we are brekaing the language barrier...
i try my best in negotiating...
must we kill the next...

we arrive at the area...
in the water...
there is a tunnel...
we must kill these other lizards...

we see ablue lizzzy...
i follow in ssecondly...
now we attack...
oh boy...

either the army...
of red..
or the familyt...
of blue...

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I forgot to mention last night that I have to make a trip to Phoenix today. So 8 hours on the road, plus time in Phoenix. So will be late or not make it at all. My character can be played.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Feolner has come to realize reptilian people can be just as double crossing and back stabbiing as the vilest of any human. The question now is, what about these "blue" reptiles? Are they "good", or just more of the backstabbing slimy types? Hopefully we will all live to find out. Hopefully reptilians have people as "good" as humans can be.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Treebore wrote:Feolner has come to realize reptilian people can be just as double crossing and back stabbiing as the vilest of any human. The question now is, what about these "blue" reptiles? Are they "good", or just more of the backstabbing slimy types? Hopefully we will all live to find out. Hopefully reptilians have people as "good" as humans can be.
The reds do appear to be more warlike than the blues, they also seem to enjoy getting others to fight their battles for them.

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

Blah blah blah. These scaly cretins sure like to flap their toothy jaws. So I took a shot. WILD CARD, BABY! Some might say we're outnumbered, but I like to think I created a target-rich environment. Nothing my minotaur friend can't handle with his bare freakin' hands.

Quertas
Hlobane Orc

Post by Quertas »

5-17-2016 tuesday
dealt damage to one red lizard...
needed to escape from the other red hoard...
no room to do it...
there are way too many..
i fear the worst..

i take another out...
i now carry a blue lizard baby...
cant wait to see how well i fight..
baby or no baby...

nearly hurt someone to death...
the cleric finsihed it off...
i swung but missed...
my companion is missing ridding on my back..

i atempt to attack opponents with my fists...
i miss the second attack...
i attempt to save ingly...
i swing with the baby on my back...

i thought we would be toast..
but we have survived...
i feel better..
although i dont care for the baby just yet..

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Game on tonight!

XP totals as of session #27 (5/17):
Feolner Duginson, 4th level cleric of Odin : 12,915 (18,001)
Gisla Ygnarr-mate, 4th level barbarian of Gal Land: 9,469 (20,001)
Ingly, 4th level druid of Amenut: 12,131 (17,001)
Sargas, 4th level minotaur monk of the Bleak Plains: 11,878 (20,001)
Kibb-zum the Quick, 4th level goblin rogue: 10,369 (12,001)
Tane Amter, 3rd level paladin of St. Luther: 6,710 (12,001)

Gisla has gained enough XP to reach 4th level!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Feolner is saddened by how dangerous it is to give trust, and how prone all the races appear to be, to be willing to betray and murder each other over petty jealousy and distrust. There has to be a better way. Hopefully the wisdom of Wodun will help him find it.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Treebore wrote:Feolner is saddened by how dangerous it is to give trust, and how prone all the races appear to be, to be willing to betray and murder each other over petty jealousy and distrust. There has to be a better way. Hopefully the wisdom of Wodun will help him find it.
The battle last session was fierce, Ingly fell but recovered and Feolnor also came close to dying.

Gisla has adopted a young blue, the rest of the Ban 'Thout having perished in the fighting, along with the Krung' Thep.

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

Those scaly dirtbags were tougher than expected, but no match for this rag tag group I've joined up with. But how did we wind up with a baby? What do we know about raising one?

We'd be better off making a stew out of it. Probably tastes like chicken anyway.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

jaybird216 wrote:Those scaly dirtbags were tougher than expected, but no match for this rag tag group I've joined up with. But how did we wind up with a baby? What do we know about raising one?

We'd be better off making a stew out of it. Probably tastes like chicken anyway.

:lol:

Quertas
Hlobane Orc

Post by Quertas »

-----------------
5-24-2016
------------
what.. a full house ...
healing goes around...
looking at items is neat...
and we have a babt lizard...

we need to rest and heal...
we goto area 2...
gisla is diseased...
oh no... oh no..

we went left..
i charged into a room with tins for oil for lanterns...
checked anotehr room with partitions..
they held nothing..

but then detect magic is cast...
and thinsg start to come into vision for us...
a magic hourglass..
and other magic goods..

we head through a tunnel...
finally find our way out..
we see the sun..
we attempt to go up the ladder..

we are ambushed by red lizards...
i charge...
and hit them...
and one flees..

i attack the leader...
punched him good..
the gobblin hits him..
he will die soon...

im successful at scaring them..
im good and killing them.
the reds are dying fast..
we are victorious...

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

Hi Gang,

I'm afraid I'll need to miss our session on 5/31. I'll be flying out to North Texas RPG Con on Weds and still have so much to finish before I go. Which is to say I have to figure out how much of my art I can/want to pack into my checked luggage *shudder* and then produce some prints to fill in the gaps of stuff I sold at recent shows.

I don't mind if someone plays Kibb-Zumm. If no one feels like running him, just say he got distracted and wandered off for a bit. Pesky goblinses!

I'm definitely on for the following session, though.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I'll be there. Thanks to three failed contractors in a row, I have to stay home and fix my roof myself, before the Monsoon season hits. At least doing it myself will save me $5,000 in labor costs. Still, I'd much rather be going to the Convention.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

We need to rest and fully recuperate. It also wouldn't hurt to make sure what all the magic items we have found do. Plus we need to think of a plan for getting the non combatants safely back to civilization. Also, if we are going to try and let the little lizard grow up, we also have to find it a safe place to do so. Travelling with us, with spells flying to and fro, sooner or later the lizard is going to get fried. Hopefully we can find another group of the blue Lizards to take it in. If they can do business with ugly little goblins, surely we can find someplace where the lizard can grow up relatively safely.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

It was good to rest for a few days. Its much better having us all well rested and at full strength then exhausted and beat up. Now to finish our mission and get the girl back to her father. Hopefully the "path" is still cleared out from our getting here. Probably not, though. This world seems to be all about pain, suffering, and death.

We still need to find a good home for Blue to grow up at, though.

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

Treebore wrote:We still need to find a good home for Blue to grow up at, though.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Well we are finally heading back to Vakhund. Hopefully Evanna's father will be there. She is so reluctant to go back to him and the life he represents she actually became suicidal in our latest encounter with Boar riding Bugbear looking types. Fortunately she didn't succeed in getting herself killed, but she did get herself seriously wounded. Not sure what I can do about it. Especially since dying in battle is the most honorable death you can ask for. She would be assured of a spot at the tables of honor in Valhalla. However I hope she finds the courage to face all of her battles here in life before she throws herself into the arms of Hel.

These new enemies have very interesting mounts. They look to be boar, but are the size of horses. They are also able to be trained to be used as not only mounts, but battle partners as well. They are also highly maneuverable, and can change their path on a coin, and after being committed to a command from their rider. The riders also appear to bind themselves to their mounts, so that they don't easily fall once held and being completely helpless. Except, of course, when the mighty Minotaur Monk gets his hands (hooves?) on them! Then they fall from their mounts with seeming ease, and get their necks broken in the deadly grapple of the Monk. We managed to kill several of them and their riders, but one did get away, never falling off his mount, no matter how rough a ride his mount provided over the rough terrain. Despite being held by the magic of Odin and being considered completely helpless. I am going to have to see if I can acquire one of these creatures as my own mount. With all the dangerous magics we face maybe one day such a mount can save my life as well. At least tonight my wolves will eat well! So yet another advantage to such mounts! Once dead, they provide good feed for my wolves! Hopefully at least one of these mounts were female, so they won't taste so gamey. I don't have the right herbs to remove that taste! If so, then I get to eat well too! They will go well with all the pine nuts I have been gathering.

I have been talking as much as time permits, while we travel together, to learn all I can of all the lands and the Merchant families that apparently control these lands from Evanna and the goblin Merchant. I am even entertaining becoming business partners with him. We are also discussing the various religions as I also teach Evanna about Odin and the Norse pantheon, and Heimdall's place with in it.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

No doubt Feolnor!

Concerning the battle last session...

The Chazrim's body went rigid immediately upon being held.

Nizdim tells the party that the olekotheer are actually quite intelligent beasts, much more so than a horse and doubly maneuverable. They actually develop a telepathic bond with their rider, though only if they spend some time with each other and share the same evil nature. 8-)

The party looks at the saddles of the beasts and notices that they indeed have leg straps. Amazingly Sargas was able to snap the rider off the mount with his close-line grapple! A true show of strength from that monk of the Bleak Plains. You see that the leg straps are actually broken, as well as the Chazrim's neck, his head nearly decapitated.

Quertas
Hlobane Orc

Post by Quertas »

------------
6-7-2016 tuesday
----------
we slept and healed for aa few days...
the goblin gives directions...
the girl wants to stay with us...
oh no a girl...

we are going to go north...
then east at the creek...
all the way to vakuund...
then after maybe to a city...

we trudge through the dampfrat...
using all we need to find a way through...
hid from some creatures..
takes days to get north...

we are attacked by a goblin opn a boar...
should be easy...
then 3 mroe came..
i grappled one...

i grappled another..
i went flying through the air...
boiunced off ingly..
and broke a neck of a goblin..

jaybird216
Lore Drake

Post by jaybird216 »

Hi Guys!

Sorry to say that I need to miss the next three sessions (BOO HISSS!!!). I'm leaving at 0700 tomorrow for a 13-day camping festival, and there are just way too many loose ends to tie up before I go, plus I suppose I should get to bed early. I'll miss next Tuesday while I'm at the festival, and then my GF (who isn't coming on the trip) will have her claws in me on the 28th. So you can say K-Z got separated in the battle, or ran off like a scaredy goblin or whatever, and I'll catch back up with the party on July 5th.

I hope you guys have an awesome solstice and some grand adventures (online and irl) until then!

JB

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

jaybird216 wrote:Hi Guys!

Sorry to say that I need to miss the next three sessions (BOO HISSS!!!). I'm leaving at 0700 tomorrow for a 13-day camping festival, and there are just way too many loose ends to tie up before I go, plus I suppose I should get to bed early. I'll miss next Tuesday while I'm at the festival, and then my GF (who isn't coming on the trip) will have her claws in me on the 28th. So you can say K-Z got separated in the battle, or ran off like a scaredy goblin or whatever, and I'll catch back up with the party on July 5th.

I hope you guys have an awesome solstice and some grand adventures (online and irl) until then!

JB
Wow, 13 days of camping :!: Have fun and have a great solstice this year, we'll see you then jaybird.

Quertas
Hlobane Orc

Post by Quertas »

-----------
6-14-2016
-----------
we head out..
never keep any track of time awak..
we set for sleep...
we countinue on..

we want to get to a selling town or buying...
its starting to get more winteryer...
it seems that wildlife has been scared..
from hear...

we are appraoching hitdon...
we can see the steps..
we get attacked..
bunch of wolves...

gisla isnt faring well..
wolves eat away and we turn..
their tide is turned..
we have won...

snow starts..
water cold...
we follow the creek to the bridge...
and we get attacked again..

ivana is down...
and we await next time...

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Game on tonight! :)

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Traveling these lands sure is dangerous. Its amazing that any trade can take place at all! Its amazing these small communities can survive. You would need to travel with a small army to to have any kind of assurance of safety and getting where you want to go, alive and intact.