Vakhund/Dzeebag

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
joneshoward
Mist Elf

Vakhund/Dzeebag

Post by joneshoward »

I haven't been much of a module guy for years since my group generally responds better to home-brewed stuff, but between the Troll Lord one-day sale and the current 24 hour Troll Lord sale at RPGNow I've picked up quite a lot of nifty looking modules... and have been very impressed. I particularly like the factions and the wilderness and overland details.

At RPGNow I made the mistake of picking up I1 and I2 rather than the complete Vakhund, alas. While the sale's still on can anyone tell me if there's a significant difference between the individual modules and getting the whole Vakhund package? I mean, apart from it also including I3?

Second, I don't think it's too much of a spoiler to say that there's a dungeon at the end of Dzeebag. The answer to my next question might be a spoiler, though. For any of you familiar with the module or who have run it, what did you do to entice the player characters to enter the dungeon? Mine wouldn't be playing assassin/ bounty hunters to seek out the targets known to be hiding in that dungeon, and with the time crunch I'm not sure they'd feel they had the, uh, time to go in and look around.

Any thoughts are appreciated!
"Who dies first?"
--Conan, "The Phoenix on the Sword"

http://www.howardandrewjones.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Vakhund/Dzeebag

Post by Treebore »

My understanding is the compilation is identical to the individuals, in terms of the adventures. The differences are, as far as I know, without doing an actual side by side, is the removal of the covers from 2 of the modules.

As for your other question, I've never ran it, so can't really give a good opinion. Aside from just doing what I do when I run modules, make them my own. Change them as needed to make them work for my players, to be the challenges and adventure I want it to be for my players.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

joneshoward
Mist Elf

Re: Vakhund/Dzeebag

Post by joneshoward »

Thanks for the info, Treebore.

And thanks likewise for your opinion. I've been scratching my head trying to come up with a reason my players would want to send their characters in there, and I'm on the cusp of something. Since it looks like it will STILL be several weeks before we get to playing, I seem to have more time than I need to figure it out...
"Who dies first?"
--Conan, "The Phoenix on the Sword"

http://www.howardandrewjones.com