Original C&C members database and Excel Spreadsheet

A forum to discuss Endless Worlds Organised Play events.
(NOTE: This was the Society News forum and has legacy threads that have not yet been sorted)
miller6
Lore Drake

Original C&C members database and Excel Spreadsheet

Post by miller6 »

guess what I dug up.... I was once before elected head of C&C Society but went through an ugly divorce in 2007 which cost me everything so it passed on to John Wright who lost this data... but I found it again on one of my ancient hard drives. I just sent KOTC the original C&C members access database and excel spreadsheet that was lost through the ages.

Artifact found! Do I gain a level?

Brian Miller
Promoting C&C at Gary Con and LGGC since 2005.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Original C&C members database and Excel Spreadsheet

Post by Go0gleplex »

Sure....in BARD! Lore skill acquired. lol
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

Cool. Does it have me (Finarvyn) as Lord Marshall and Earl of Stone Creek? Seems like every time there is a data loss I get wiped from the rolls, and I'll only throw my support behind a list that has me on it. :D
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

finarvyn wrote:Cool. Does it have me (Finarvyn) as Lord Marshall and Earl of Stone Creek? Seems like every time there is a data loss I get wiped from the rolls, and I'll only throw my support behind a list that has me on it. :D
Totally understand how you feel as I was an early member of RPGA and was disappointed when they purged those rolls when WOTC took over.

The C&CS database doesn't list TLG forum name or the old C&CS titles, just contact info and gaming group name. But, yes, Marv, you are indeed in it along with 337 other C&CS members. Safe to guess your email is no longer at aol.com?

In KOTC Marshals are reserved for TLG staff only. The old C&CS titles aren't being used since they didn't give any indication of member activities or responsibilities. To view the KOTC titles, see the following link.
http://knightsofthecrusade.com/knights-rolls

TLG forum and KOTC member arcanechimera is in charge of memberships and titles for KOTC members.
I don't see you on the Knights or C&CS rolls at http://knightsofthecrusade.com/
Sign up and we'll see what we can do about your title. I also encourage you to submit some C&C material for our CKs and Players. The more, the better. :)

Brian Miller

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

miller6 wrote:Marv, you are indeed in it along with 337 other C&CS members. Safe to guess your email is no longer at aol.com?
Hey, Brian -

Very slow to respond but I finally got around to going to the webpage and entering my data. Sorry to hear that my Marshall title has been taken away in the great title revamp. My Earldom was my C&CS title but the Marshall was based on being an original playtest group, if that matters. My Fellowship of Foragers is proudly listed in the PH.

Oh, and my e-mail is still an AOL one. Guess I'm too set in my ways to change. ;)

- Marv
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Hey, Brian -

Very slow to respond but I finally got around to going to the webpage and entering my data. Sorry to hear that my Marshall title has been taken away in the great title revamp. My Earldom was my C&CS title but the Marshall was based on being an original playtest group, if that matters. My Fellowship of Foragers is proudly listed in the PH.

Oh, and my e-mail is still an AOL one. Guess I'm too set in my ways to change. ;)

- Marv
I'll see if we can get together a list of original C&C playtesters. In my opinion, that should be considered but to the best of my knowledge hasn't been when determining rank for KOTC members.

Good point!

Brian Miller

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Upon reflecting on the many people who have been involved in the history of C&C and how that should be reflected in KOTC standings, I feel it's important to emphasize that for KOTC what people can and are willing to do to make it better is the deciding factor in how successful it will or won't become.
It's important to remember the past, respect those who made sacrifices and contributions and learn from successes and failures, but the present and future are the battlefields where victory is won or lost.

It occurs to me that a special publication noting contributors and their contributions over the years would be an excellent addition to the KOTC links and download sections. That way we can call attention to the past so that anyone who joins can view it from the KOTC site and learn our history, kind of like an "About Us" section only more detailed.

Would anyone like to help create such a document? If so, let me know.

Brian Miller