Rhu's Sunday night game ~ The Forbidden Temple

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Gringnr
Ulthal

Re: Rhu's Sunday night game ~ The Forbidden Temple

Post by Gringnr »

Rhuvein wrote:Tomorrow night . . .

game start will be at 7:30 PM Central.

See ya, then!

8-)
Okay, I have been asked to stay late again so I will be anywhere from right on time to a maximum of 1 hour late. I sincerely apologize. But I will be there....
It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.

Gringnr
Ulthal

Post by Gringnr »

Update: will be on time
It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

OK, see you in a few . .

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Penny-Whistle
Ulthal

Post by Penny-Whistle »

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Penny-Whistle wrote:GREAT fun. Thank you =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nigRT2KmCE
Very hilarious . . Commodore (I bought 3, still have 1) . . lava lamps (still have 3, one was purchased at the manufacturers plant in Chi-town!

8-)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Session IV - The gruesome creature below

The adventurers:

Gringnr as:

Sir Gringnr, the mighty dwarf cleric of Mithril, the dragon god.

Penny as:

Dame Penny-Whistle Scrubroot, the practical and wise gnome cleric
and
Yutso, the vivacious and unpredictable gnome druid.

Aergraith as:

Sir Elderberry Scrubroot, the wildly bold and audacious gnome rogue
and
Iko Treeblight, gnome wizard whose magical power is ascending and he now wields the Blue Fate.

Rhuvein as:

Lucius T. Hamfoot, halfling archer from Knobhill.

The action:

The adventurers check the secret door for traps and do not find any. Elderberry opens the door to see a corridor that goes north and then west. He carefully moves forward followed by the others. After he goes west, the gnome rogue finds a stone staircase that descends down and turns east.

When the party gets down to where the stairs turn, they cannot see anything and realize that it must be another grue that is generating magical darkness. Lucious and the others turn and go back up and out of the room and close the secret door.

The group realizes that they cannot use their previous strategy for defeating the grue, as it is too far underground. They discuss other options and believe casting a daylight spell might work, so they decide to spend the night so the clerics can pray and gain that divine spell.

Iko casts a web spell across the corridor which will act as an excellent prevention/warning system if any monsters try to get at them. The night passes uneventfully and the next day, they have a quick breakfast and prepare themselves to descend the secret stair and face the grue.

The clerics cast the daylight spell and indeed, the grue flees away across a fast moving underground river and though a long black tunnel.

The heroes try several things to get across the rapids, but they couldn't secure a rope and Iko could not spider climb due to the slippery wetness of the cavern walls and ceiling. Gringnr then remembered his cloak of useful items and looked at the various patches and found the medium sized rowbow.

The were able to cross the rapids successfully and all quietly continued down the dark cavern tunnel which led into a very large cavern that had access to the sea. As Elderberry peaked around the corner he observed several prison cells that were occupied and that were guarded by aquatic humanoids, thin and gaunt with wide luminescent eyes along with webbed feet, hands and dull blue/green scaled skin.

Two them have long knives secured to their belt and the other one is holding a thin polearm who is speaking to the other two and they seem to be chuckling.

Iko goes invisible and sneaks around them to investigate the cells. He see a young halfling female in one cell and a regal dwarf cleric in the other cell, bound and gagged! He seems to detect the presence of the gnome and nods slightly but doesn't otherwise move.

At some point (oops, can't recall exactly what happened) the sahuagin are alerted to the presence of some of the group and a battle is had. They prove to be tough adversaries but the heroes are able to kill the three and then two more who entered the cavern from the sea.

The high dwarf cleric and the hafling woman are freed and the party quickly make their way back through the tunnel and across the rapids, before any more of the creatures could enter the cavern from the ocean. They continue up to the main dungeon where the high cleric casts several consecrates and a hallow in the main room.

The party then exits the temple dungeon up to the main floor, where the high cleric performs the casting of spells and sprinkles a large flask of holy water around the area. He then cast glyphs of warding around each set of stairs that go down to the dungeon.

Thunder and lightening are heard even when there are no clouds in the sky - but the party hears the voice of Hecate thanking them . . . and she tells them that she will guide them all safely home and that her temple will be re-built by her followers.

End session, end module!

:)

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Session IV XP:

195 per PC.

Grand total for each for all the modules = 10099!

:P