Who's running games at Gary Con VIII

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
Boot Knife
Ungern

Who's running games at Gary Con VIII

Post by Boot Knife »

Just curious who will be running games so I know who to look for in event registration. I think registration starts Jan 7th. I thought about it but I'm fairly new to CKing, so I'll wait until IX or X.
Resistance is futile.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Who's running games at Gary Con VIII

Post by Buttmonkey »

I'm planning to run something, assuming I can get my act together. Probably a couple sessions of Small World (a board game) and then 1 or 2 sessions of C&C. There has been talk of another C&C tournament this year and I may CK for that. I may end up trying to run mostly off the grid games.

The deadline to submit events is January 7th. Event registration will most likely be at the end of January.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

After a 1-year (unintended) hiatus, I'm slated to make my not-so-triumphant return to the wonderful world of GaryCon. I have submitted 3 sessions of a new event. I'll let you know when/if it gets accepted.

[EDIT] I saw a green check mark next to all three sessions. Looks like we're on, unless I'm misinterpreting the green check marks. :D

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I'll be working the booth with the Trolls, as well as running three sessions. Shane Bradley, one of our C&C faithful from Wisconsin, is running at least 1 or 2 games.

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

Since we are coming just Friday, Saturday & Sunday, and looking forward to trying to play in other games, I have submitted (and think it's been approved by the afore-mentioned green check mark) just one game I will run this year, a Sat. afternoon Noon-4 C&C game entitled "The Death Knight Rises."
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

Me and my crew of DMs will be running a 3 round C&C tournament at GaryCon VIII. Eight tables will be scheduled for the opening round allowing 48 people to register for the event. Subsequent rounds are by advancement only. Prizes for the top players at an award ceremony.
Promoting C&C at Gary Con and LGGC since 2005.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I am having trouble buying a badge. :cry:

It wouldn't accept my sign in, then I did the "forgot password" routine, it wouldn't accept that, then I created a completely new account, and it wouldn't let me sign in yet again. Something is royally screwed up with their web page. I am able to sign into the forums, so left a message in a thread there. Seems several others have encountered the same problem.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Tree, you might be able to reach Luke Gygax via FB. He, Skip Williams, or whomever is charge of that dept., would probably be glad to help you out.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Events submitted. I'm running sessions of the board game Small World on Thursday and Sunday mornings. I'm running my own C&C events on Friday and Saturday mornings. Finally, I volunteered to run a session of the C&C tournament on Thursday afternoon. That leaves just enough time to curl up with the Spotted Cow keg.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

[quote="phannson88"]I have submitted 6 sessions of a new event. I'll let you know when/if it gets accepted.