Aufstrag, Abode of the Horned One ... What is it?

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
anglefish
Unkbartig

Aufstrag, Abode of the Horned One ... What is it?

Post by anglefish »

I think TLG got carried away with the fluff. LOL!

I couldn't easily find the hard info, like what PC levels are required for this adventure.

At that price and being hardbound, I'd like to think this was a mega-adventure/mini-campaign book. Something that would take PCs from 1 to 12+ levels.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: Aufstrag, Abode of the Horned One ... What is it?

Post by gideon_thorne »

anglefish wrote:
I think TLG got carried away with the fluff. LOL!

I couldn't easily find the hard info, like what PC levels are required for this adventure.

At that price and being hardbound, I'd like to think this was a mega-adventure/mini-campaign book. Something that would take PCs from 1 to 12+ levels.

Its a campaign setting. And its a far cry from being out yet.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Yes, when I saw this ON THE ANVIL the first thing I thought was "2009." Just saying.

..........................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I would think they would be trying to release this with the culmination of the "A" series modules.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Treebore wrote:
I would think they would be trying to release this with the culmination of the "A" series modules.

Yeah, this makes sense. But for some reason the number 2010 keeps popping into my head.
..............................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

anglefish wrote:

Yep, I think it will be much of that except something that takes adventures from beginners to high level PCs. That's what the A series modules would be doing from A0-A12.

A12 will be for lvls 12-14!

So I think Treebore is right, if the Trolls follow what they've done in the prior modules, then A13 Aufstrag will be the final encounter for a high level, well seasoned group of adventurers.

I'm really looking forward to this.

And or course, I'm wondering if this is where Unklar makes his return for the final battle for Aihrde!!!

:D

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

Post by Jyrdan Fairblade »

Now that would be an epic battle.

And that's epic in the sense of amazing and world-shattering, not epic in the sense of it being a set of bad rules for overpowered munchkins and monsters to challenge said overpowered munchkins.
Rhuvein wrote:
And or course, I'm wondering if this is where Unklar makes his return for the final battle for Aihrde!!!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I can't slow my game down enough to wait for the Trolls to publish the "A" series, so I am going with an idea I have had percoalting in my head for a couple of years and have this party work towards bringing the All-Father back to life.

That alone will be a big "kink" in Unklars plans.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Aufstrag is of course the city/tower/tree from which Unklar ruled the plane for a thousand years. As Rhu pointed out afew months ago, it was inspired by the Great Tree in the movie Legend (though also shaped to spite the holy tree that sits in the Eldwood).

Certain sections of these are done (minus monsters put in) as I work on it when I have time. The Causeway, Dwimmelere, The Lone Bridge, The Great Maw (The Mouth of Darkness, that is the main gate). And certain sections of the tunnels (called the Deeps) are written up. The Thrown Room as well.

I must have accidently put this work on the anvil material I sent over to Brian as its not near ready. No work will start on it until CKG, Monsters & Treasures of Aihrde and White Box are completed. So earliest I will get to it is September of this year. That said, after those projects most of my energy goes into Aihrde and this book is the culmination of the A series which (depending on Davis) may or may not be done i a hurry! LOL

Hope that helps.

Steve

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
[email protected]

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

No worries Steve!

It sounds like you've got your plate full with all the things you HOPE to have ready for GenCon... and seeing that list I will be personally more than happy should that plan be successful!!

Cheers!

Moriarty the Red

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com