Monday Night Kingdoms of Kalamar Game

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Monday Night Kingdoms of Kalamar Game

Post by Lurker »

What he forgot to mention to you is that we tried to use your new 'frightful presence' ability on the 3 hill giants that we stumbled onto .... do you know how far a half dragon will fly when hit by a giant's club? But, you do need to work on your landing

:lol:

Honestly, though the idea was batted around (pun intended) we decided not to.

That said, guys great game last night! I thought it was going to be tough when we came up on the 1 giant. but when the other 2 stepped out, I figured we were dead !

But then when Barleg scaled the cliff and rained arrows down on them (followed by 2 others) ... and then he didn't leap down into the middle of them like I was afraid he would do ... great game and great tactics. To bad someone one, not naming names (but he is the hobgoblin shaman), missed a hand hold on the cliff and tumbled back down the cliff faster than he went up.

Now, how are we going to pull off sneaking into the valley of the hobgoblins, sneaking all the way into the temple and then escape with the elf maid ?????
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Lurker wrote:What he forgot to mention to you is that we tried to use your new 'frightful presence' ability on the 3 hill giants that we stumbled onto .... do you know how far a half dragon will fly when hit by a giant's club? But, you do need to work on your landing

Honestly, though the idea was batted around (pun intended) we decided not to.

That said, guys great game last night! I thought it was going to be tough when we came up on the 1 giant. but when the other 2 stepped out, I figured we were dead !

But then when Barleg scaled the cliff and rained arrows down on them (followed by 2 others) ... and then he didn't leap down into the middle of them like I was afraid he would do ... great game and great tactics. To bad someone one, not naming names (but he is the hobgoblin shaman), missed a hand hold on the cliff and tumbled back down the cliff faster than he went up.

Now, how are we going to pull off sneaking into the valley of the hobgoblins, sneaking all the way into the temple and then escape with the elf maid ?????
Well, I don't want to ruin the surprise, but it will involve magic we don't yet have (need to get to 3rd level), using factions to our advantage, calling on the aid of our allies (if we can find them), and megadoses of poison gas compliments of our very own very very brave ancient green dragon ;)

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I'm gonna be about 15-20 mins late. Game is definitely happening, just gonna be late.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Something just crapped out on my network. Resetting cable modem \ router
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Gems: amber worth 5 gp, lapis lazuli worth 25 gp, pearl worth 25 gp, tiger eye worth 25 gp, black opal worth 1,000 gp, jade worth 2,500 gp
Total value of gems: 3,580 gp.

Extraordinary: Fur coat worth 12 gp , Scroll worth 59 gp , Animal pelt worth 500 gp , Necklace worth 1,250 gp made of Jade silver or gold , Orb worth 10,000 gp
Total value of extraordinary items: 11,821 gp.

Magic Items: Eversmoking Bottle (exp: 425) , Wind Fans (exp: 550)
Total xp value of magic items: 975 xp.

Total xp (1gp = 1xp): 16,376 xp.

Coins:
200gp

Gems: 2 jades worth 5 gp, malachite worth 10 gp, lapis lazuli worth 25 gp, tiger eye worth 25 gp, peridot worth 250 gp
Total value of gems: 320 gp.
Total value of coins and gems:~ 520 gp.

Extraordinary: Wooden bird cage worth 20 gp , Expert Flail, Light worth 80 gp , Necklace worth 250 gp made of Silver , Tapestry worth 1,000 gp
Total value of extraordinary items: 1,350 gp.

Magic Items: Clairaudience/Clairvoyance (potion) (exp: 300) , Ring of Animal Friendship (exp: 330)
Total xp value of magic items: 630 xp.

Total xp (1gp = 1xp): 2,500 xp.

Ankheg chitin for making Ankheg Plate
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Make sure everyone is updating their characters both on here and on your tokens.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

guys, sorry my coms were so weak last night ...

I know there were issues outside of just me. however, mine just seems to always be beyond the pale ... If had any other option (besides a satellite bundle that more than doubles the cost of tv cable etc) for an isp I would switch in a heart beat!

Also, I hope you understand I'm not getting annoyed with the "planning" of the raid, and just posting short argumentative "this is how it has to be" statements. To me it is (well would be) great role playing. But as I can't finish a sentence without it cutting out, I tried to put my best idea out there so you all could think about it and kick it around.

Again , ... stupid coms.

As for the character sheet. I'll make sure he is updated here. I do forget to do that ... Oh an by the way ... 4th level, what are you MUs whining about anyway not yet 2nd level .... Don't worry the Barbarian & I will keep you alive a little longer :lol:
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

We enjoyed your help with our plans. Just remember, "no plan survives meeting the enemy" :lol: as I have said before

I feel badly for the way your coms work. From our end, we literally only hear every third word you are saying, so your plans sound like " I...into...fire...unless...hobgoblin...suddenly....before...."

Although we need to spend some days scouting the complex to get a feel for what is where, what the big event at the ziggurat will actually be, weak spots etc. my initial thought is we need to decide if we want to go big or just go home. In other words, are we just snatching the elven maid, or do we want to rock and roll? :lol:

Rock and roll would be pretty foolish, but it could be quite fun. We have the potential to have: an invisible ancient green dragon doing an immense amount of damage to their groups, then flying away, an eversmoking bottle producing quite a lot of cover and confusion, a snatch team with the benefit of both invisibility (wizards) and silence (clerics), and a brave displaced half-orc barbarian taking on all comers! ;)

Of course, sometimes you just go for the grab and you are soon rocking and rolling anyway

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Remember that plans go sideways when you contact, heck I've lived it ... That is why we did PACE plans - Primary, alternative, contingency, emergency. Even then ....

I think on this one your last line will be sooooooo true.

I think the magic items we found specifically the smoking bottle, and maybe the fan, will be a game changer for the rescue. It is a moment like in princess bride and the burning cloak. "If only we had a burning cloak, we might have a chance ... you mean this cloak, .... where did you find that, why didn't you mention it earlier..." . I can see this happening around the bodies in the last fight. Lupa complaining about the plan and not having a chance, 'If we just had something that would cover our retreat' As Barleg bends down and picks up the smoke filled bottle, "Hmp, what's this" . Lupa "Wait, where did you get that, is that what I think it is? ... Now ... That will help, but if we had something to make a good wind..." Barleg "I wonder what this fan does" Lupa "Wait, where did you get THAT, why didn't you mention it earlier! ... Now ..."

As for coms, I know it sucked. Normally you all have trouble hearing me, but this week, that is how you all sounded to me some of the time. So, I know it had to be bad on your end

Good news down the road, distant future, a company is proposing to move into the area and run fiber optics even out in the remote areas, instead of AT&T just servicing in town. Sooooo, one day I may actually have real internet with real internet speed ...

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote: Good news down the road, distant future, a company is proposing to move into the area and run fiber optics even out in the remote areas, instead of AT&T just servicing in town. Sooooo, one day I may actually have real internet with real internet speed ...
I heard that story around my part of the country 10 years ago when they laid a T1 line down the highway less than two miles from me. Its still just a story. :cry:
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:
Lurker wrote: Good news down the road, distant future, a company is proposing to move into the area and run fiber optics even out in the remote areas, instead of AT&T just servicing in town. Sooooo, one day I may actually have real internet with real internet speed ...
I heard that story around my part of the country 10 years ago when they laid a T1 line down the highway less than two miles from me. Its still just a story. :cry:

My wife checked some stuff Friday, turns out there may be some issue on the nearest server tower, but - I quote from the help desk at the isp , "it looks like it is just intermittent. It shouldn't be causing to big of an issue..." BS .... The net is better today, so hopefully all the intermittent bugs should be worked out Monday. I hope ...

Now for the good news. The company taking over service for local electrical is the one putting in the fiber optics. Better news is that it will be in by April. Once it is in I'll be able to up grade from 5 mb to 20 and for 2/3 the price. Wooooo Hoooo

The bad news ..... April 2017 .... :shock: :? :cry: :mrgreen:

C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Game tonight, however, I may be late. If I am late, I shouldn't be more than 15-20 mins late. We have to put away everything from the play, then I have an appointment at 7, and I still need to go drop off paperwork for one of my jobs. I'm hoping to be home early enough that I can have dinner and start the game on time.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

No worries, Rig. Your tardiness will give us time to talk crap about you, which is always a good time for all involved. :twisted:
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

rom90125 wrote:No worries, Rig. Your tardiness will give us time to talk crap about you, which is always a good time for all involved. :twisted:
True...
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

rom90125 wrote:No worries, Rig. Your tardiness will give us time to talk crap about you, which is always a good time for all involved. :twisted:

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

welllllll, I just got volintold to help at the church to set op chairs etc for a school lunch. So, I may be a bit late too.

I'll be back asap. That said, got to go.

C&C Society

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Ok, just made it back. Let me get a glass of water and I'll be ready

C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Sorry the game kept getting side tracked last night. I really wasn't prepared for the "random" encounters. I'll go update the total xp on the first page.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Make sure you check the updated exp numbers on the first post. Also, if you level, be sure to update your character sheet in the thread.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Rigon wrote:Make sure you check the updated exp numbers on the first post. Also, if you level, be sure to update your character sheet in the thread.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

R-
I have enough xp to level. New spell=invisibility

Next fortnight: Rock and Roll!

:twisted:

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I updated exp on the first page.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Also, what did you guys want to do now. Give me somewhere to take the campaign.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Rigon wrote:Also, what did you guys want to do now. Give me somewhere to take the campaign.

R-

But seriously: whatever you think might be fun sounds good to me. We have completed my character's campaign goal, so I am a free agent now. Maybe someone else has something that needs doing.

Or maybe you have a module you are itching to run?

Here's a list of Kingdoms of Kalamar modules. I have no idea if they are any good or if you have any of them

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/5138 ... r-campaign

Whatever sounds like fun. I trust your judgment, wise one

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

One module I've always wanted to play through is Egg of the Phoenix. Pretty sure we're still a bit low in levels for it, but if it can happen...

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Also, can you guys update your characters on here. That way I can print them up and have them handy. Thanks.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Aramis
Lore Drake

Post by Aramis »

Treebore wrote:One module I've always wanted to play through is Egg of the Phoenix. Pretty sure we're still a bit low in levels for it, but if it can happen...
Excellent suggestion

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Aramis wrote:
Treebore wrote:One module I've always wanted to play through is Egg of the Phoenix. Pretty sure we're still a bit low in levels for it, but if it can happen...
Excellent suggestion
Agreed.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I have one that has been on my mind to run and I think I should be able to fit it into the campaign. I'll look at the Egg of the Phoenix, also.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Rigon wrote:Also, can you guys update your characters on here. That way I can print them up and have them handy. Thanks.

R-

I posted my updated character sheet, though I haven't added any treasure from the hill giant haul. Has anyone actually divided this up yet?

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Kayolan wrote:
Rigon wrote:Also, can you guys update your characters on here. That way I can print them up and have them handy. Thanks.

R-

I posted my updated character sheet, though I haven't added any treasure from the hill giant haul. Has anyone actually divided this up yet?
Ditto.