Good and Funny Roleplaying

Within are to be writ the tales of daring and adventure of those who have placed themselves on the path of glory. Share your exploits with other Castlers & Crusaders!
Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Good and Funny Roleplaying

Post by Combat_Kyle »

All right, please post you own experiences as well. In my campaign there is a large trade faire at the place where 3 roads meet (heh Oedipus reference) it is a fluid population of about 3000 vebdors merchants etc... Most of the city is composed of tents as the residents are temporary but there is an inn and a few other stone buildings (gladiator arena for one). Anyway the Assasin in my game happened upon an apothecary tent that was filled with potions galore (I roll percentile dice each week to see what kind of vendors are available). Low on cash but not greed the Assasin looked like an interested cutomer while casing his target for the deathblow, when the merchant turned his back on the Assasin, he was struck with a poisoned needle. Before he could steal away with the loot, he had to stuff the merchant behind the counter and run the business to avoid arousing suspicion. He made 400gp from sales of potions on top of the loot he walked off with. This was absolutly hilarious and to top it off he gave a woman who needed a healing potion for her sick son a potion of random polymorph, hilarious.

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

miller6
Lore Drake

worst fate ever

Post by miller6 »

Okay, this is an account of the worst character death ever...

So this thief picks up two diseases from rat bites. He makes it to a false treasure room, which looks pretty good at first...and low and behold in one chest he finds a ring of wishes.

So the thief makes the following wish: "I wish to be cured of ALL diseases."

Well, to his surprise, it was a cursed ring of wishes that reversed any wish the wearer made.

He fled the room, falling apart and turning to goo from every disease in existance, ran through a wall of fire and fell into a pit with a gate to hell.

In 25 years, I've never seen any character suffer such a horrible fate.

Brian Miller

"You sure you wanna make that wish?"
Promoting C&C at Gary Con and LGGC since 2005.

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

So Spikey Ironhelm, a dwarf with an axe of flying, is in mid air, hacking at a red dragon over a pool of lava near a 100' lava falls.

"Crystal" the ditzy she-elf wizard in the party decides to help him out...with a fireball.

The dwarf was fried by the dragon's fiery breath...then the fireball...which blasted him into the lavafalls...which forced him down into the lavapool.

To add salt to the wound, Crystal was Spikey's wife, played by the player's real-life wife.

Brian Miller

"I like to call it 'The day Spikey lost his beard'."

miller6
Lore Drake

Post by miller6 »

So Ferdinand Moogalus, the vegetarian minotaur paladin, goes swimming in a magic pool which gives him a strange insanity. Everywhere he looks he sees "purple apes" spying on the party from around every corner and they always duck out of sight before anyone else sees them. Being run by an exceptional role-player, Ferdinand hunts down the imaginary purple apes and brings them back, one by one, to convince the party he's not crazy. The party (which unwisely included no priests) just shakes their heads and replies "There's no such thing as purple apes. You're seeing things again."

In the final encounter of the adventure, they walk in a cave and there before them is the biggest darn "grape ape" (a variation on a Great Ape) you've ever seen, charging agressively. Everyone was surprised...except Ferdinand...who demanded an immediate apology from everyone in the party. His first two attacks were both natural 20s which he explained as follows, "Gotta kill the mother ape."

After killing the "grape ape", Ferdinand never saw another purple ape ever again...nor did two people in his party who got stomped and eaten by the grape ape.

Brian Miller

"Sometimes what isn't real CAN hurt you." (Purple ape, ducking out of sight)

Maliki
Lore Drake

Re: Good and Funny Roleplaying

Post by Maliki »

Combat_Kyle wrote:
All right, please post you own experiences as well. In my campaign there is a large trade faire at the place where 3 roads meet (heh Oedipus reference) it is a fluid population of about 3000 vebdors merchants etc... Most of the city is composed of tents as the residents are temporary but there is an inn and a few other stone buildings (gladiator arena for one). Anyway the Assasin in my game happened upon an apothecary tent that was filled with potions galore (I roll percentile dice each week to see what kind of vendors are available). Low on cash but not greed the Assasin looked like an interested cutomer while casing his target for the deathblow, when the merchant turned his back on the Assasin, he was struck with a poisoned needle. Before he could steal away with the loot, he had to stuff the merchant behind the counter and run the business to avoid arousing suspicion. He made 400gp from sales of potions on top of the loot he walked off with. This was absolutly hilarious and to top it off he gave a woman who needed a healing potion for her sick son a potion of random polymorph, hilarious.

babbage

Post by babbage »

Years ago I was DMing Tomb of Horrors (which really IS that dangerous a module). Two players had made it to a room with an altar in it, a sort of chapel with pews, aisle and so on. One of them, the intrepid (stupid?) one walks up to the altar and the other stays in the middle of the room. Unbeknown to the players, if anything organic touches the altar a bolt of lightning shoots down the aisle. The intrepid/stupid player touches the altar and zzap! The other player gets fried - but survives! Sod that, he says, and moves to stand next to the untouched, intrepid/stupid player. Still unbeknown to these players, anything inorganic touching the altar causes it to explode. Oh dear, says the intrepid/stupid player, and throws a coin on the altar...

Six sets of 4d6, discard the lowest...

babbage

Post by babbage »

Another episode had my brother playing a wild mage (2e). He went to a shop to buy something but didn't have much money, so decided to use some wild magic for a charm spell. Unfortunately, the spell had a wild surge with the effect of 'cause all organic matter in a 30ft radius to disappear'.

In effect, his character went in and said 'I'd like to buy... err, you don't seem to have anything'. Then ran off!

Jynx
Red Cap

Post by Jynx »

I like to insert little tidbits of humor in my game as much as possible. Kind of like when you watch a movie and there is some background scene or character who comes and goes to provide a bit of amusement. Like that guy with the ice cream on the Lilo & Stitch movie (.... I have kids, what can I say... ) who seems to always have his scoop fall off the cone at random points in the movie.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but it was so funny and got a great reaction from all in attendance, including other store patrons watching the game, so I'll mention it again. BTW - It's rated PG 13 ...

Recently I ran a game that took place on a lightning rail (an Eberron setting with a magic rail road). A fight broke out in the 1st class car and due to the limited space, the characters had to use small weapons and try to subdue the opponent with hand to hand combat. The monk in the party managed to whack the opponent hard enough that he flew into a door to a private room. The door flung open, he fell half way in and his short sword slipped from his grip and fell to the floor further inside the private cabin. To his surprise, there was no loud clang, instead there was complete silence as the sword fell and his curses couldn't be heard either. Then as he looked up at the bed he noticed a strikingly beautiful naked half Elven maiden on top of a rather muscular male half Orc. They were... umm.... ya know. The room had silence cast in it to dampen the noise they were making. At this point I had a burst out loud of laughter from all around me and I had to ask for a surprise check and then a new initiative since the characters were also in shock. The Villain got up quickly and rather clumsily excused himself as he closed the door behind him, forgetting his sword, turning around and coming face to face with a smiling monk. BONK! He's out cold now, and a moment later a half dressed Elven woman comes barreling out of the room in complete embarrassment and cursing everyone as she runs down the hall to her cabin. The Half Orc - red faced - simply hands the heroes the short sword and closes the door.

A month later, I ran a follow up to that mini adventure, and towards the end of the game, I had a scene take place in a "dance club", where the heroes had to face some underworld crime lords. In the booth where the crime lord was to be seated, was the same couple as in the train. They were getting intimate again! Once again, they were interrupted from their 'socializing', by the crime lord who walked in with some thugs. The thugs kicked the half Orc out, and the leader began to molest the pretty half Elven girl. The Half Orc was going to fight until he saw the heroes and realized it would be better to leave. He simply said "Aww c'mon guys... give an Orc a chance! just enough time to get some?" and he hurried out. The heroes then proceeded to free the poor half elf and another fight broke out.

Of course, these characters have no real purpose in the grand scheme of things, but they do add a lot of humor to an otherwise common boring battle. The players tend to like the little breaks and gets them in a creative mood as well.

Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

Re: worst fate ever

Post by Jyrdan Fairblade »

Neither have I. That is pretty brutal, but so very perfect.
miller6 wrote:
He fled the room, falling apart and turning to goo from every disease in existance, ran through a wall of fire and fell into a pit with a gate to hell.

In 25 years, I've never seen any character suffer such a horrible fate.

miller6
Lore Drake

The hardest way to come back to life.

Post by miller6 »

So Edksi the elf dies and his soul goes to the abyss...another player who runs a wizard decides to save him by summoning his soul back as her familiar. Since she knows everything about him I give her a slim chance. She makes an impressive roll and succeeds...thus Edski, the elf becomes Impski, the imp familiar. But Impski doesn't like servitude so everytime the wizard turns her back, he pisses on her shoe or ties her shoelaces together. She tells him don't do this...so he does something else. She tells him don't do that, so he comes up with something else. The wizard begs me as the DM, to allow her to take the level and hit point losses just be free of the imp. I have pity on her and permit it before Impski drives her nuts. Impski jumps for joy at his new found freedom...then continues to bug the wizard doing everything she previously forbid him to do.

Before long, the wizard gets fed up and kills the imp and stating "I changed my mind. He belongs in hell." The priest in the party has mercy on the player who runs Impski so she animates his old character body which they'd kept in a bag of holding. Thus Impski the imp becomes Slimski the skeleton. After animating him, she immediately realizes her mistake, having forgot that he'd be under her control...just like a familiar. After instructing him to stop tying her shoelaces together, she immediatley sends Slimski the skeleton away with orders to never to come within a mile of her ever again. So Slimski the skeleton grabs his stuff from his old body, wraps his bones in cloth (so they don't rattle) dawns his wizard's robe and hooded cloak and goes off to town to find a temple and buy himself a resurrection. The next day, Edksi the elf rejoins the party, short 3 con points, but otherwise happy and ready to go.
Brian Miller

"Hey, guys, I'm back! So what's with the angry faces?"

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Good stuff everyone. Enjoyed them.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.