Monday Wilderlands, The Slavelords.

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Monday Wilderlands, The Slavelords.

Post by Lurker »

Guys, just got in, but I'm smoked ... long shifts and breaking up 2 fights over the weekend (at least it wasn't a street brawl this time) ... I'm going to eat a bite, take some Ibprophen, and crawl into bead.

Hate to putz out, but I'd be no good gaming. If the T-Storms don't kill my coms in an hour or 2, I'd probably end up nodding off and snoring in the middle of a combat.

The good news is that I get off indo support Friday, so will be fresh and ready to play next week.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Tree, finalizing new car purchase. I will be there late. Be there by 10pm.
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Its this game again today. I hope Lurker can make it so we can get everything caught up.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Oh I'll be here, and after the last 2 weeks (and then today at lunch) I NEED to game... but you may have trouble hearing me. My voice is thrashed and scratchy ...
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Treebore wrote: Magic Items: 5 Spell Levels (wizard scroll) (Spells: ice storm , sleep ) , 14 Spell Levels (druid scroll) (Spells: speak with animals , heal , entangle , alarm , entangle ) , 10 Bolt +2 , Tongues (potion) , Studded leather +4 , Ring of Freedom of Movement , 14 Spell Levels (illusionist scroll) (Spells: regenerate , undetectable aura , hallucinatory terrain , illusionary hounds ) , Full Chain Mail +4 , Strand of Prayer Beads , Tome of Clear Thought +2 , Ring mail +2 , Endure Elements (potion) , Circlet of Persuasion , Manual of Bodily Health +2 , Ring mail +3 , Orb of Storms
These would be my picks.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Aergraith wrote:
Treebore wrote: Magic Items: 5 Spell Levels (wizard scroll) (Spells: ice storm , sleep ) , 14 Spell Levels (druid scroll) (Spells: speak with animals , heal , entangle , alarm , entangle ) , 10 Bolt +2 , Tongues (potion) , Studded leather +4 , Ring of Freedom of Movement , 14 Spell Levels (illusionist scroll) (Spells: regenerate , undetectable aura , hallucinatory terrain , illusionary hounds ) , Full Chain Mail +4 , Strand of Prayer Beads , Tome of Clear Thought +2 , Ring mail +2 , Endure Elements (potion) , Circlet of Persuasion , Manual of Bodily Health +2 , Ring mail +3 , Orb of Storms
These would be my picks.
I can certainly see why you would want those.

Next Session! The penultimate battle versus the Arch-Lich-Lord Ridwick Rump of the RELIC! Lets get ready to RUMBLE!!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Daithan returns from some kind of dark nightmare, and as he regains his senses, for some reason the first thing he cognitively comprehends is that his Raven, his gift from Odin, is gone...

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

That stinks.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:That stinks.

R-

It was the only way I could think of to put you back into the "game" in time for the Lich fight.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:
Rigon wrote:That stinks.

R-

It was the only way I could think of to put you back into the "game" in time for the Lich fight.
Yeah, I figured that, but it was cool having the familiar. That lich is going down.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Gonna be 15-20 mins late.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Loot from the lich:

book of infinite spells p.3 wish, crystal ball clairaudience, mirror mental prowess, talisman of the sphere, wand of paralyzation(50), wand lightning (50, rod of security (46), staff of the magi , cloak protection Ac Spells +4, bracers +8 AC, robe of scintillating colours, wand fire (50), wand frost (50), 1000 lb bag of holding, ioun absorb 50 spells, carpet of flying 1 person, ring of wizardry double 3rd, plus 3 dagger

100 000 gp chair, 80 000 gp necklace, 11x10 000 gp gemstones, 10 000 gp blue star saphire, 10 000 black star saphire, 100 000 gp, 5 000 platinum, 500 sp,

ring of spell turning, ring +3 vs spells, 2x books of infinite spells, manual iron golems
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Amazing. I was so sure it would be a TPK. Awesome job, guys. Poor Sarpadon, sacrificing himself and his Staff of Power to save you all.

Anyways, don't lose your characters, or forget about them. I am willing to run them through Expedition to Barrier Peaks one day.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I said it last night, but I'll say it again. GREAT game last night!

I thought we were done for with no chance, then .... a 1 on my god call!

After that, thought we were done for yet again a few times. Twice, I went down to low teen hp ... Nothing like downing your only heal potion and then the next action another 'meteor shower' raining death down .... again.

Spell after spell just washing off the lich, and most attacks sliding off (I never got a hit to land all night), and most ending up hitting one of us to rub a bit of salt in the wound.

Then nuclear option used, staff breaks and boooooooom dead lich.

If there was ever a game that deserved a write up, it was that one! Sadly, no time to do it at work or home (well time at home, but my brain is too fried to write after teaching the cadets to write)

Again, thanks for letting me share the end of this campaign with you all !

C&C Society

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Here you go for D' Rump, updated etc

Name: Sir Runic (the) Rump
Alignment: LG
Race: Human (5' 11")
Class: Paladin
Level: 9
XP: …
BtH: 8
HP: 84
AC: 28/30
Str 17
Dex* 18
Con* 16
Int 9
Wis 13
Cha* 14
(*) denotes Primes
Languages: Common
Secondary Skill: Courtoise (Very good in Courtly related situations)

Abilities: Cure Disease (once a week), Detect Evil (60 ft.), Divine Aura (+2 to AC & saves vs. evil), Divine Health (immune to all diseases), Turn Undead (as a 4th level cleric), Divine Mount, Aura of Courage, smite evil

Armor: +4 Full Plate, +2 Shield (AC 29 with Amulet and DEX, 31 versus Evil) AC 18 versus touch, when not surprised.

Weapons:
+5 Vorpal Long sword – family heirloom sword,
+3 light mace
+3 heavy mace (+1d6 extra damage due to cold ),
expert sling with 15 bullets

Equipment: backpack, bedroll, belt pouch (large), winter blanket, canteen (1/2 gallon), flint & steel, small hammer, hooded lantern, oil x6, pitons/spikes x10, hemp rope (50'), sack (large) x2, torch x5, whetstone/weapon kit, candle x5, holy symbol (wood), incense sticks x6, prayer beads, wolvesbane

Treasure:
amulet of natural armor +1
potion of barkskin
potion Heal x0
potion CCW x0
potion CMW x1
everburning torch x2
ring of counterspells (magic missile)

Runic, by Paladin standards, has become cowardly. The evilness of his family has worn on him constantly throughout his life. His personal morale is very low. Frankly, he is not far from just giving up. We wants to be free of the manor and the legacy of his family once and for all, and his faith is so strained he is getting very close to being willing to do whatever it will take to do so. Where will Sir Runic go from here? Will he regain his old strength in his faith, or will he finally break? Running into this new Paladin, Osahar, of Thoth, has kind of rejuvenated Runic. He feels like his prayers may have finally been answered, and has started to feel something like he used to when he first became a Paladin.

Updated, in the last months, while working with Sir (or is it now Dame) Osahar and associates, Sir Rump has rekindled his paladinish fervor . Osahar’s mentorship and example showed him the power and strength a paladin can have, and Sir Rump’s on actions and ability to aid the party and vanquish evil showed that he is a worthy and holy knight. From assisting the party on clearing out a cabal of evil priests that worshiped the faceless god of pain (killing 2 priests himself, one of which was going to attack a party member in the back), to assisting the party clear out the general evils filling his family manor, to fighting his ancestor –a prior paladin that had succumbed to evil and became a death knight of great power and evil – and delivering the killing blow to the vile corruption, Sir Rump gained experience and confidence.

Finally, in the climactic battle to clear the lich – the center of the evil that had for so long corrupted the family and perverted the family holdings – from his ancestral home, Sir Rump received explicit approval and divine favor. Sir Rump called out to his beloved goddess, the lady of light, and she heard his plea. She called Sir Rump to her heavenly realm and spoke to him directly. Telling him of her joy at his renewed confidence and commitment to fighting evil. The goddess broke down, for a time, the prismatic globe that surrounded the ancient Rump Lich. This allowed the party to attack and bring the fight to the lich.

After the battle, won only by the self-sacrifice of one of the party members – and the subsequent resurrection of the party member, the party helped Sir Rump clear the remaining pockets of evil from the Rump family holdings. After a sort rest, Sir Rump has stepped forward to fill the rightful place of the head of the Rumps as a community leader. Working diligently to right the years of hurt and evil the family has caused. Also, Sir Rump has called for goodhearted younger adventures to assist him in clearing the others evils from the area. Ensuring the faceless clerics are once and for all cleared from the area – and do not return – and doing the grim task of hunting down and destroying the pack of ghouls and other undead that plague the night.

The Rump family manor, now that it is cleared of all haunts and evils, is beginning to be used as a place of rest for Osahar and his/her associates, and any young followers of the Lady of Light – be they lay persons, clerics/priests, or paladins – and any good adventure that the trials of life has worn down.

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I want to convert PC's to NPC's that I can use in future games. So I thought, rather than my doing the "history" of your PC's, I thought I would give you the chance to write up what YOU want ME to use in the future.

So if your interested, just give me a character sheet, with the history of your PC written up how you want it to be remembered and used. I also plan on putting these up for anyone to use as they wish, maybe even put them in Domesday or up on the Knights web site.

This is open to ANY character you have played in my games, and want to give a write up for.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:I want to convert PC's to NPC's that I can use in future games. So I thought, rather than my doing the "history" of your PC's, I thought I would give you the chance to write up what YOU want ME to use in the future.

So if your interested, just give me a character sheet, with the history of your PC written up how you want it to be remembered and used. I also plan on putting these up for anyone to use as they wish, maybe even put them in Domesday or up on the Knights web site.

This is open to ANY character you have played in my games, and want to give a write up for.

Tree, as the character I played in your game started as an npc, you already have everything on Ye Ole' Master Rump.

However, it goes without saying that you can use any of my characters from other games.

There is the Class & half Paladin/Knight from Rigon's FR game.

The 2 characters from the Ravenloft game that didn't get off the ground

Hmmmm that isn't much to look at.

In the way back machine ... The fighter thief in Lord S's FR game, and the Paladin from your Castle Ravenloft Halloween game years ago.

C&C Society