Monday Wilderlands, The Slavelords.

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
rom90125
Red Cap

Re: Monday Wilderlands, The Slavelords.

Post by rom90125 »

Easy setup. Ty sir!
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I;m signed into Mumble, just in case. Everyone else feel free to sign in, just in case, or not.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Tree, sorry for the very short notice, but I've had a toothache for the past week or so and it's flaring up. I feel like some one is driving a wedge into my mouth and my sinuses, and my eyes. I'm going to try to go to sleep.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Well, I actually got into roll 20 with no issue - which is better than last game! - and no issues on my Skype sound test.

However, I can't find the server on mumble ... give me a min or to to dig around and find it ...
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Rigon wrote:Tree, sorry for the very short notice, but I've had a toothache for the past week or so and it's flaring up. I feel like some one is driving a wedge into my mouth and my sinuses, and my eyes. I'm going to try to go to sleep.

R-
Take care, bro.
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rigon wrote:Tree, sorry for the very short notice, but I've had a toothache for the past week or so and it's flaring up. I feel like some one is driving a wedge into my mouth and my sinuses, and my eyes. I'm going to try to go to sleep.

R-

There is this thing called a tooth brush. If you use it at least once a day (twice is better) it will help prevent that problem ;)

feel better and see you in a week
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Great battle guys!

The Death Knight, Sir Rumpole Rump, fallen Paladin of the Bright Lady, and Great Grand Uncle to Sir Runic Rump, has been freed from bondage to the dark powers! Two Holy Relics of the Bright Lady, The Sword of the Judges, and the Armor of the Sun, have been restored to the service of the powers of Good, and the Bright Lady herself!

4 Skeletal Warriors, whomever they once were, have also been freed from their enslavement by the Dark Powers as well.

Due to this great service Sir Runic Rump has performed in the name of his Bright Lady, her favor elevates him to the next higher rank.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Hey Lurker, since Arrowhawk has been unable to communicate with me for roughly 2+ months now, hopefully for good reason that doesn't involve being dead, I am willing to elevate you up to full time player if you so desire, and you can either continue to play Rump, or create a new character that is all your creation.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:Great battle guys!

The Death Knight, Sir Rumpole Rump, fallen Paladin of the Bright Lady, and Great Grand Uncle to Sir Runic Rump, has been freed from bondage to the dark powers! Two Holy Relics of the Bright Lady, The Sword of the Judges, and the Armor of the Sun, have been restored to the service of the powers of Good, and the Bright Lady herself!

4 Skeletal Warriors, whomever they once were, have also been freed from their enslavement by the Dark Powers as well.

Due to this great service Sir Runic Rump has performed in the name of his Bright Lady, her favor elevates him to the next higher rank.
Damn, sounds like I missed a great session. :( Stupid tooth.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:
Treebore wrote:Great battle guys!

Damn, sounds like I missed a great session. :( Stupid tooth.

R-
You did. I even had Osahar down below 40 HP. Osahar was also extremely lucky that Roll 20's dice roller hates me so much, or he would have lost his head. Plus the mages were greatly weakened since the Skeletal Warriors had an SR of 18 and the Death Knight has an SR of 15, with the possibility of reflecting any spell back upon the caster on a 1-3. As usual, the dice kept the party alive, by rolling like crap for me. Most of the Death Knights attack rolls were below a 15. In fact, all of them may have been. Still, with the DK being a 10th level Fighter, with a 20 STR (The source I converted him from has him at 18/00), he had a +21 to hit, so still hurt Osahar a good bit before Osahar finished him off. Rump did the killing blow on 2 of the Skeletal Warriors, so accorded well for himself. Bannor dealt out a good bit of damage, but due to his rather low AC versus 10th level Fighters who were also Skeletal Warriors, he spent some time at 0 HP.

Zask was a whirling dervish of a Gnome, when he didn't fumble, then fumble again, to fall off the table and onto his face upon the floor. :lol:

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Oh, and we used Mumble last night. While it wasn't perfect, I understood far more of what Lurker said, plus he was actually able to sign into Roll 20, and I don't think he dropped at all. So between his new router and Mumble, I think Lurker had a much more enjoyable game experience. Hopefully the Mumble issues he did have were due to having his settings at incorrect levels, so may have been cutting himself off. So Rigon, when you set up Mumble, take the time to set your settings correctly. Don't rush through it.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Didn't we have our 7th or 8th Birthday as a group this past March? IE Me, Rigon, Titania LeFay, and some guy from Canada? I don't recall if Kayolan has been here since the beginning, but I know he started playing with us close to the beginning. At least within the first year.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:Hey Lurker, since Arrowhawk has been unable to communicate with me for roughly 2+ months now, hopefully for good reason that doesn't involve being dead, I am willing to elevate you up to full time player if you so desire, and you can either continue to play Rump, or create a new character that is all your creation.

Thanks

All things considered, I'll keep to the Rump - that sounds bad doesn't it :lol:

Especially as over the last games I've been able to take him from being hesitant to having a reason to be more sure of himself - as a paladin should be.

Rgr on it being a good game and great combat ... Yes, some poor rolls on the DMs side kept us in the game, but it could have easily gone poorly (more so considering one of us was dwn to 0, 2 of us were well below half hp & I'm not sure how beat up Zask was - Plus the skeleton warriors and death knight's SR allowed them to shrug off almost every spell we cast at them). I was truly worried about it even after the death knight fell ... It was only when the last 2 skeleton warriors were turned that we were safe.

C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:Oh, and we used Mumble last night. While it wasn't perfect, I understood far more of what Lurker said, plus he was actually able to sign into Roll 20, and I don't think he dropped at all. So between his new router and Mumble, I think Lurker had a much more enjoyable game experience. Hopefully the Mumble issues he did have were due to having his settings at incorrect levels, so may have been cutting himself off. So Rigon, when you set up Mumble, take the time to set your settings correctly. Don't rush through it.
I'll have to look at it, get it set up, and run a test run this weekend.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

And Arrowhawk has finally let me know he is alive and well.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I just remembered that I forgot to tell you the non weapon and armor magic items the DK had. A Ring of Jumping, a Ring of Protection from Good, and a Cloak of Shadows. This Cloak gives the wearer a +5 to Hide and Move Silently checks whenever in any degree of Darkness by wrapping the wearer in a similar darkness, causing them to blend in much better and muffling the sounds of their movements.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

So, playing with Mumble and Guildbit. I can't create a server with Mumble and the launcher from Guildbit isn't working for me. I'll try to trouble shot in the next day or two, but my have to use Skype for my game until I get it figured out.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

This is still a bit off, but it is getting close to time for my next cycle's indoc phase.

In theory, I'll only miss 1 Monday (July 13th). However, as the director has spent all her time for the last month wasting time making sure everyone's desk match and are the right color, and not put any thought into the next cycle, there is no schedule. So, she may have forgot what she told us teachers over a month ago and ends up double tasking me yet again. If so I'll miss 2 or 3 Mondays.

I'll let you all know for sure once the schedule is put out.

C&C Society

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Rigon wrote:So, playing with Mumble and Guildbit. I can't create a server with Mumble and the launcher from Guildbit isn't working for me. I'll try to trouble shot in the next day or two, but my have to use Skype for my game until I get it figured out.

R-
What is this launcher? I just went to a web site and typed some stuff in? I just went to guildbit.com and typed in a password to use and it gave me the connection information for the time I wanted.

It's probably better that you can't run the mumble server on your linux box because your modem would then have to handle the bandwidth of maptool plus each connection coming in.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I just got reminded that this week I'm taking the girls to Silver Dollar City on Monday & Tuesday. With that, I won't be there to mess up everyone's coms ...

Have fun and good luck with out 'de Rump'

See you all next week

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I think Rump will spend some time communing with his deity at the Temple of the Bright Lady. Seems appropriate after what happened last session. Its very possible we will see another nasty battle tonight.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Awesome, deadly battle. We now have a Satyr Mage of the 11th level of power. Rose will be very happy to have learned what Vampires you have destroyed.

Loot is not very extensive. The Wizard Vampire only has his spell books of spells from 0 to 6th level, which I will need to finish adapting to C&C spells, the Anti Paladin Vampire had a +2 2 Handed Sword and +3 Full Plate, both are not aligned. The other Vampires were just Vampires, however they did have a lot of wealth in that chest.

Coins:
16,000gp
Gems: 3 lapis lazulis worth 25 gp, 2 ambers worth 5 gp, jade worth 2,500 gp, fire opal worth 500 gp, 3 precious opals worth 10 gp, amethyst worth 250 gp, violet garnet worth 500 gp, 5 white agates worth 50 gp, 2 whiteish moonstones worth 100 gp, 3 amethysts worth 5 gp, 3 tiger eyes worth 25 gp, blue sapphire worth 5,000 gp, topaz worth 500 gp, 4 bloodstones worth 50 gp, malachite worth 10 gp, green garnet worth 500 gp, 2 pearls worth 25 gp, 3 moonstones worth 25 gp, star ruby worth 2,500 gp, 5 common opals worth 100 gp, 2 diamonds worth 5,000 gp, 8 violet-blue sapphires worth 50 gp, 3 tourmalines worth 1,000 gp, 3 peridots worth 250 gp
Total value of gems: 27,890 gp.
Total value of coins and gems:~ 43,890 gp.
Extraordinary: Surcoat worth 19 gp , Carved wood worth 1,250 gp , Bracelet worth 500 gp made of Ivory , Mechanical toy worth 16 gp , Torque worth 500 gp made of Silver with gold , Ankle Chain worth 1,000 gp made of Gold , Arm Band worth 500 gp made of Ivory , Belt worth 750 gp made of Silver with platinum , Earrings worth 250 gp made of Wood with gold inlay , Waist Chain worth 100 gp made of Wood with silver inlay , Belt worth 500 gp made of Stone with gemstones , Statue worth 750 gp , Statue worth 100 gp , Arm Band worth 500 gp made of Silver with gold , Holy Symbol worth 500 gp , Book worth 43 gp , Belt worth 10,000 gp made of Platinum , Collar worth 750 gp made of Silver with platinum , Buckle worth 1,000 gp made of Gold , Waist Chain worth 1,000 gp made of Gold , Music Box worth 1,000 gp , Waist Chain worth 1,000 gp made of Jade with ivory , Elven mandolin worth 100 gp , Earrings worth 15,000 gp made of Platinum with gemstones , Tiara worth 7,500 gp made of Gold with gemstones , Earrings worth 1,250 gp made of Silver with gemstones , Torque worth 1,000 gp made of Ivory with gold , Ankle Chain worth 250 gp made of Silver , Mirror worth 250 gp , Coronet worth 750 gp , Scroll worth 46 gp , Wooden gourd worth 1 gp , Brazier worth 3,500 gp , Orb worth 1,000 gp , Torque worth 1,250 gp made of Jade silver or gold , Stone Tablet worth 550 gp , Locket worth 1,000 gp made of Ivory with gold , Crown worth 750 gp , Belt worth 1,000 gp made of Gold , Wine worth 80 gp

Magic Items: 5 Spell Levels (wizard scroll) (Spells: ice storm , sleep ) , 14 Spell Levels (druid scroll) (Spells: speak with animals , heal , entangle , alarm , entangle ) , 10 Bolt +2 , Tongues (potion) , Studded leather +4 , Ring of Freedom of Movement , 14 Spell Levels (illusionist scroll) (Spells: regenerate , undetectable aura , hallucinatory terrain , illusionary hounds ) , Full Chain Mail +4 , Strand of Prayer Beads , Tome of Clear Thought +2 , Ring mail +2 , Endure Elements (potion) , Circlet of Persuasion , Manual of Bodily Health +2 , Ring mail +3 , Orb of Storms

Treasure Generator by Aergraith. Castles and Crusades is a registered trademark of Troll Lord Games. Uses data from 5th printing Monsters and Treasure. Version 1.04.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I definitely thought we were not going to make it. It was an epic battle for sure. For Daithan, I'm interested in the chain mail +4 and the elven mandolin. And maybe the Tome of Clear Thought (but one of the spellcasters might want that) or the Circlet of Persuassion. But definitely the chain mail and the mandolin.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:I definitely thought we were not going to make it. It was an epic battle for sure. For Daithan, I'm interested in the chain mail +4 and the elven mandolin. And maybe the Tome of Clear Thought (but one of the spellcasters might want that) or the Circlet of Persuassion. But definitely the chain mail and the mandolin.

R-
I was pretty sure the party would ultimately win. I was just curious to see how many of you would go down before then. I only got two of you down, and one is now a Satyr, so not all bad.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Wow sounds like an epic battle ... sorry I missed it.

However, I had the joy of 8 hours in Silver Dollar City, riding every ride my girls wanted to ride (my littler one was too small for the 3 big roller coasters they have, but she is the more adventurist of the 2, so we didn't ride them).

It is funny, their favorite ride wasn't any fast roller coaster - but my little one is the adrenaline junky and was ready for any of the fast rides she was even close to being tall enough to ride - or anything, it was a river raft with man powered water guns on it (You had to spin a wheel to get the pump to pump water for the gun). You went around the lazy river spraying targets, people on the bank, that had guns of their own and shot back at you, and other boats when you were close enough. At best, by the time it was over you were a drowned rat! Then they would get off the boat and sprint to some of the guns on the bank to keep shooting at the other rafts. then run to get back in line too get on a boat again,

They also got to see some funny hick street skits. Some of them are the same skits that I saw 30+ years ago and laughed at then too. So it was well worth missing the game.

That said, ... crud ... I just remembered the next time we are in your game, I'll be in week 1 of indoc phase and will probably be working ... double crud ....

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

The Vampire Wizard's Arcane Spellbooks, 2 Volumes of 100 pages each, 31 pages left in Volume 2:

1st Level
Read Magic
Protection From Good
Feather Fall
Spider Climb
Shield
Unseen Servant

2nd Level
Invisibility
Magic Mouth
See Invisibility
Ray Of Enfeeblement
Locate Object
Knock

3rd Level
Gust of Wind
Suggestion
Tiny Hut
Tongues
Water Beathing

4th Level
Fear
Fire Shield
Scrying

5th Level
Faithful Hound
Wall of Stone
Cone of Cold

6th Level
Transmute Flesh to Stone
Geas

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker,

In the Vampire Encounter the party "rescued" someone very important to Runic that you never knew about. His older brother. He is very misshapen and not very intelligent at all. He was also seriously diseased, but Osahar immediately cured him of that problem. So its rather obvious to you as to why he was hidden away.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Reminder that I'll be in the mountains this week.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Rigon wrote:Reminder that I'll be in the mountains this week.
R-
Enjoy the time 'off the grid'!

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

rom90125 wrote:
Rigon wrote:Reminder that I'll be in the mountains this week.
R-
Enjoy the time 'off the grid'!

Rgr that, enjoy the break away from the real world.

For me, I'm still not sure if I'll be there Monday ... and it infuriates me that I don't know. When I asked yesterday, I got the ole' "The director isn't sure, she'll let you know later" However, pending any major issues or street brawls she isn't working this weekend (like most of the rest of us) so later means "show up Monday and have no idea when you are going to go home" ... Sorry, shouldn't vent here, need t go make more coffee and relax a bit I guess ...

Again, enjoy the mountains, watch out for snakes, and the rest see you Monday - or a week from Monday ...

C&C Society