Modules involving dragons

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
Greyblade
Hlobane Orc

Modules involving dragons

Post by Greyblade »

Hey guys,

Can someone point me towards a module involving a dragon as an enemy? In my campaign, players have been told of a black dragon hiding in a cave and hoarding tons of gold, and since they're hitting level 5, they want to turn their attention to mister scaly & and his money!

The Wizards module Forge of Fury is out since two of the players have already played it before, but if you can help me find a similar module or one with a dragon inside I could use/mine for ideas, that would be much appreciated.
Durka durka Muhammad djihad

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Modules involving dragons

Post by Buttmonkey »

You could try one of the Dragonlance modules. The early ones featured a black dragon opponent. I'm sure you could harvest the dragon itself and some of the location features to fit into your campaign without having to mess with the full module in all of its Dragonlance ickiness. Unless you like Dragonlance, in which case maybe you want to use more of the module.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

ChaosImp
Hlobane Orc

Post by ChaosImp »

There is a 1st ed AD&D module called Tomb of the Lizard King you can get from RPGnow that has a black dragon in it. Excellent module besides having a black dragon it has a vampiric lizard king.

IMP

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

The Goodman Games C&C module Mysterious Tower has a Black Dragon in it, but its not the main opponent of the module, the tower is. You could get Sabre River and make all the Red Dragons be black dragons.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I believe there is, on the WotC site, the 2e module Lair of Dragotha.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

serleran wrote:I believe there is, on the WotC site, the 2e module Lair of Dragotha.

Not sure, since its been years since I've tried to look for those modules they had collected and freely available, but I believe now a days you have to use the internet way back machine to find them.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

There is a green dragon in Jim Ward's Cloud Giant's Tower. It was one of those 1.00 (?) pdf-only adventures from Troll Lord Games. The dragon could be a combatant, depending upon what the players do.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Treebore wrote:
serleran wrote:I believe there is, on the WotC site, the 2e module Lair of Dragotha.

Not sure, since its been years since I've tried to look for those modules they had collected and freely available, but I believe now a days you have to use the internet way back machine to find them.
Dragotha's Lair.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

serleran wrote:
Treebore wrote:

Dragotha's Lair.
THAT is a fantastic wayback machine!

Greyblade
Hlobane Orc

Post by Greyblade »

Thanks so much guys!
Durka durka Muhammad djihad