Monday Wilderlands, The Slavelords.

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
rom90125
Red Cap

Re: Monday Wilderlands, The Slavelords.

Post by rom90125 »

I will be there, finally!
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

Fun game last night guys!

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rgr that

But, one day you all will learn the #1 rule .... DO NOT look at the paintings !!!!!!! or is it #2 with #1 being DON'T touch nothing !!!!!! :lol:
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Lurker wrote:Rgr that

But, one day you all will learn the #1 rule .... DO NOT look at the paintings !!!!!!! or is it #2 with #1 being DON'T touch nothing !!!!!! :lol:
Ain't that the truth <said as he breathes a muffled sigh behind his golden tiger mask>.
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

rom90125 wrote:

Ain't that the truth <said as he breathes a muffled sigh behind his golden tiger mask>.

Rgr that, I wonder just what would have happened if the roll would have been odd for putting that first mask on ....
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:
rom90125 wrote:

Rgr that, I wonder just what would have happened if the roll would have been odd for putting that first mask on ....
He would have become a Werewolf.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

So, regardless of the die roll, it was a win/win situation for the party! ;-)

Kayolan
Lore Drake

Post by Kayolan »

rom90125 wrote:So, regardless of the die roll, it was a win/win situation for the party! ;-)
:)

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:

He would have become a Werewolf.

:shock: :shock: :o

Thus the 'Rule #1, No one touch nothen' :!:
rom90125 wrote:So, regardless of the die roll, it was a win/win situation for the party! ;-)
You keep using that word, but I do not think it means what you think it means ! :lol:

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Since I had to head to NTRPGCon days early due to the sudden massive increase of train tickets, I'll actually be able to run this game this Monday. Unless something unexpected occurs.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Tree, the twins HS graduation ceremony is next Tuesday and I have family flying in this weekend to attend. I'm not sure yet if I will be at the game on Monday... Thank you sir.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

rom90125 wrote:Tree, the twins HS graduation ceremony is next Tuesday and I have family flying in this weekend to attend. I'm not sure yet if I will be at the game on Monday... Thank you sir.
I think I'm running my game because Tree will be traveling to NTRPG Con.

And we'lltake care of your PC if you can't make it.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Rig,

Thank you sir!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:
rom90125 wrote:Tree, the twins HS graduation ceremony is next Tuesday and I have family flying in this weekend to attend. I'm not sure yet if I will be at the game on Monday... Thank you sir.

R-
No, I am already in Dallas, so can run my game Monday. Which is why I made my last post.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:
Rigon wrote:

R-
No, I am already in Dallas, so can run my game Monday. Which is why I made my last post.
Sorry, didn't scroll up that far. Your game it is.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Tree, will you post the info about the raven when you get a chance so I can add it to my character sheet?

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:Tree, will you post the info about the raven when you get a chance so I can add it to my character sheet?

R-
I don't recall there being much to it. It is one of Odins named Ravens, is highly intelligent, and can communicate with Daithan via Telepathy. I don't recall more than that, or which name I had decided upon. I made it up on the spot to reward you for saving the party, and didn't write it down either. I do recall it was only going to stay with you a relatively short time.

I do think I said something about it earlier in this thread, so I will look to see if I can spot it.

Found it:

"Fought a crazy magic arrow slinging Gnome and then pissed off the Avatar of Odin himself! Death was imminent, but quick thinking from Daithan calmed the enraged Odin, saved the parties lives, and got the party rewards that allows the wearer to talk with Animals (Ring), a +2 Silver chased Spear of Magnificent craftsmanship with the spear head having the head of a wolf etched on both sides, with their teeth bared. It is a Wolf Spear, and does an extra d6 of Holy damage versus undead and creatures connected to the plane of Shadow. Its proper name is "Shadowstriker". Then in reward for particular devoutness and a moment of great insight, Daithan now has a Raven companion that will stay with him for a month, can telepathically speak with Daithan, and while within 60' of Daithan gives the effect of Prayer only to Daithan. The ring is called the Ring of Mund. Which is German for the Mouth/Tongue."

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Remember, no game on the 8th by Rigon or I.

Don't have too much fun without us!

Also, lets try out Mumble at this "host" site next time.

http://guildbit.com/

Gabe, can you write up a little guide for us on how to set up, sign in, etc...?

That or everyone can read how they say to do it...

http://guildbit.com/how-it-works/

Looks pretty darn easy.

DL Mumble from here:

http://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Wellllllll, I found out it isn't the connectivity that is causing the issues. My router was tweaking out. It wasn't under warranty so I get to buy a new one - yeah just what I wanted to buy - Luckily the company has a discount or 3 that will end up saving me $75. However, it won't get here until mid next week.

So, it is good that no one is running on Monday !

Hope that fixes it!

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:Wellllllll, I found out it isn't the connectivity that is causing the issues. My router was tweaking out. It wasn't under warranty so I get to buy a new one - yeah just what I wanted to buy - Luckily the company has a discount or 3 that will end up saving me $75. However, it won't get here until mid next week.

So, it is good that no one is running on Monday !

Hope that fixes it!
Well, if it doesn't, I already have Mumble installed.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

My game, Monday, June 15th.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Are we going to try Mumble or stick with Skype? If Mumble works better for everyone then I may switch to that also.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Treebore wrote: Gabe, can you write up a little guide for us on how to set up, sign in, etc...?

Looks pretty darn easy.

DL Mumble from here:

Yeah, there isn't really anything I can add to that; my explanations are usually wordier and worse. The main thing is if we are using GuildBit in particular, the CK must get us the URL somehow each game as it's temporary. So should we expect that in PM here, or an email if you have our addresses, or are you going to post in public?
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

We are going to wait and see how things are now for Lurker. If he is still having issues, then we will try Mumble.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:We are going to wait and see how things are now for Lurker. If he is still having issues, then we will try Mumble.

I've got the new wireless up and it does seem to help a bit ... Will it be enough ????? we'll see. My provider is still a little underpowered for everything I use. But in theory it will be better.

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Aergraith wrote:
Yeah, there isn't really anything I can add to that; my explanations are usually wordier and worse. The main thing is if we are using GuildBit in particular, the CK must get us the URL somehow each game as it's temporary. So should we expect that in PM here, or an email if you have our addresses, or are you going to post in public?
Since your familiar with it, why don't you have one set up and ready to go on Monday, that way if Lurker still has problems, we can switch over to Mumble quickly, and hope it works well, or at least, better than SKYPE.

Everyone else, make sure you use the above link to have Mumble installed, just in case we have to use it, so switching over will go quickly. If we end up not using it, you can always delete it.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:
Aergraith wrote:
Since your familiar with it, why don't you have one set up and ready to go on Monday, that way if Lurker still has problems, we can switch over to Mumble quickly, and hope it works well, or at least, better than SKYPE.

Everyone else, make sure you use the above link to have Mumble installed, just in case we have to use it, so switching over will go quickly. If we end up not using it, you can always delete it.

I just love how I'm the mine canary on this ;)

Already got mumble loaded and ready, ... just in case.

See you all then, one way or the other

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Things are looking good, and I'm feeling good, so unless unexpected crap happens, this game today. I hope everyone can make it, including Darcy. I've been holding off on a nasty encounter or two because of being down 2 or more characters. Yes, its that tough. Since I want to do my best to ensure your characters all live through it...

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Treebore wrote:Remember, no game on the 8th by Rigon or I.

Looks pretty darn easy.

DL Mumble from here:

So, are we going with Mumble for tonight's session?

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

rom90125 wrote:
Treebore wrote:Remember, no game on the 8th by Rigon or I.

Looks pretty darn easy.

DL Mumble from here:

So, are we going with Mumble for tonight's session?
We're going to do Skype unless Skype gives us problems I think. If you want to try Mumble, it's up right now and there is an 8 hour reservation so should be plenty to get through the game. The connection info is pasted in roll20.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com