Monday Wilderlands, The Slavelords.

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Monday Wilderlands, The Slavelords.

Post by Lurker »

Great game last night

Great fight against the wall mounted gnome - I think Sir Rump's assistance in the fight was ingenious 8-)

If it had ended there it would have been a great night. But then, .... Odin

Ohhhhhh I thought we were dead meat!!!!

That and how it was fixed was epic!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

That was a quick scan of my character sheet and inspiration. But I'll take that over defined tactics any day of the week.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rigon wrote:That was a quick scan of my character sheet and inspiration. But I'll take that over defined tactics any day of the week.

R-

scan and inspiration or not ... that was an epic way to save our bacon !!!! Well done !!!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:
Rigon wrote:That was a quick scan of my character sheet and inspiration. But I'll take that over defined tactics any day of the week.

R-

scan and inspiration or not ... that was an epic way to save our bacon !!!! Well done !!!
Agreed. Thats why I came up with the Raven idea.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Thanks. :oops:
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

My game today. I'm feeling good, so unless something out of the blue comes up, back into the creepy Manor we go!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:My game today. I'm feeling good, so unless something out of the blue comes up, back into the creepy Manor we go!
Good deal, see you in a few hours.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

ArrowHawk
Hlobane Orc

Post by ArrowHawk »

Sorry Tree but I won't be able to make tonight's game.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

"Are you new here?" was the question of the night.

Main encounter was a White Worm that crawled out from underneath a bed, which was basically an Albino Purple Worm, but wasn't a Purple Worm. :?

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:"Are you new here?" was the question of the night.

Main encounter was a White Worm that crawled out from underneath a bed, which was basically an Albino Purple Worm, but wasn't a Purple Worm. :?
I thought it was going to be a challenge, then wam, bam, thank you ma'am and it was a harmless snail that became a nice snack for my raven.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rigon wrote:
Treebore wrote:"Are you new here?" was the question of the night.

I thought it was going to be a challenge, then wam, bam, thank you ma'am and it was a harmless snail that became a nice snack for my raven.

R-

Rgr that. I was ready for De'Rump to meet his maker in the belly of a worm (or run away as you all met your makers). And then .... zap (a quick thinker and a poor roll to save) ended with another surprising encounter.

Rgr on the repeated 'are you new here' ... so many times our luck was pushed. So many times luck smiled on us ... However, I'd vote for next game's theme to be "Don't touch/look at nothing!"

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

IF any of you do NOT have the Mongoose Traveller rule book, its on sale this weekend for $6.00 at Drivethru, since when I get burned out I like to run sci fi RPG's as my "break", you will likely get a chance to play Traveller again, for those who have gamed with me long enough to play it the last time I needed a break. They have others on sale for 75% off, but nothing I like to run.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/featured.ph ... rateTT2015

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:IF any of you do NOT have the Mongoose Traveller rule book, its on sale this weekend for $6.00 at Drivethru, since when I get burned out I like to run sci fi RPG's as my "break", you will likely get a chance to play Traveller again, for those who have gamed with me long enough to play it the last time I needed a break. They have others on sale for 75% off, but nothing I like to run.

Cool thanks

You know I've always wanted to play traveller, I even have some PDFs for it, but I never have been able to ...

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:
Treebore wrote:IF any of you do NOT have the Mongoose Traveller rule book, its on sale this weekend for $6.00 at Drivethru, since when I get burned out I like to run sci fi RPG's as my "break", you will likely get a chance to play Traveller again, for those who have gamed with me long enough to play it the last time I needed a break. They have others on sale for 75% off, but nothing I like to run.

Cool thanks

You know I've always wanted to play traveller, I even have some PDFs for it, but I never have been able to ...
Stick with me long enough and you will. I love Traveller, and as I mention above, when I get burned out on C&C/fantasy, I switch to sci fi to get over it. With this group I did it with Traveller, then gave Savage World Soloman Kane a bit of a try, and I would actually like to get back and actually finish that one, then I got back to running C&C again. There are a lot of other RPG's I like too, that I would run if the group is interested in them, but we will talk about the options when the time comes. I have been thinking about doing an "intermission" game between this C&C campaign and the next, to cut down on the chances of me reaching burn out during the next campaign.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I have posted my TENTATIVE house rules for mastering Lycanthropy in my house rules document on the first page of this thread, just before the gear lists at the end. I have not updated the Roll 20 copy.

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Thank you sir!
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I have now updated the House Rules document in Roll 20 as well.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Tree, I will either be late or not at all tonight. It's production week for the play, so most of my time will be spent at the school this week. I'm going to try to make it, but that will depend on how much I need to get done tonight.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Tree I will be late tonight. Hopefully in by 9:30 - 9:45.
Achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Oh, not sure if you know or not, But Aergraith is not able to make it tonight either.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I hate to putz out but ... we were short handed today at work. So, I played PSG & teacher all day. No rest what so ever. With that, I'm beat.

If I get a power nap in I'll be there for the game. But if not ....

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

As long as 4 of you show up, I'll run the game.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Only 2 showed, so game was cancelled. The good news is my home made Salsa is smelling FANTASTIC!

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:Only 2 showed, so game was cancelled. The good news is my home made Salsa is smelling FANTASTIC!

If only 2 showed, I don't feel as bad... still sorry I couldn't make it.

It is probably better I didn't though/ Another long day. The sad part is that it isn't the cadets that are wearing me down. It is one of the other teachers (well, 2 other teachers and then how the 3rd is acting because of it. Then when she is frustrated, she takes random swipes at me ...) If I'd gamed and not gotten extra sleep, I might have been cranky and swiped back at her. That would have gotten ugly ...

Oh well, tomorrow the training is finished, so we will be back up to regular manning Thursday and the lead instructor will be back so she can deal with the drama.

Look forward to next week's game!

C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:Only 2 showed, so game was cancelled. The good news is my home made Salsa is smelling FANTASTIC!
I checked on Roll20 around 1030 from the school to see if you guys were playing, but saw that you weren't. I didn't leave the school until 11 or so and went to bed almost as soon as I walked in the door.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:
...my home made Salsa is smelling FANTASTIC!
I see your salsa & raise you 4 home made sour dough baguettes. 8-)

They are cooling off right now and will be dinner in 15 - 20 min

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:
Treebore wrote:
...my home made Salsa is smelling FANTASTIC!
I see your salsa & raise you 4 home made sour dough baguettes. 8-)

They are cooling off right now and will be dinner in 15 - 20 min
I won't mention all the bread dough my wife and are mixing up right now... I'll tell you what, I am darn glad I bought her a big machine to do all the mixing and dough Kneading for us. Or else I would be elbow deep in dough right now, rather than sitting at my desk posting on the internet.

rom90125
Red Cap

Post by rom90125 »

Tree, I have three remaining home lacrosse games for the next three Mondays. This means I will be late (at best) or not attending (at very worst). I hope to be in the game by 10pm for each of the next three sessions.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I'm going to Vegas this Monday, so it is probably for the best to just have Rigon run his game for the next couple of weeks.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Everything is looking like a "GO!" for me running this tomorrow, I hope everyone can make it. I do believe Rigon said he wouldn't be gaming at all tomorrow, so even more important for everyone else to show with us already one down.